R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Losi hands down. I have seen one Hyper 9 here and (maybe its the driver) but its no where near the Losi, Mugens and Xrays.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #17
Tech Prophet

i dont know the hyper 9 2.0 looks a lot better than the regualar hyper 9
i looked at the manual for the 9 i have to say it looks like the easyiest buggy to put to together than others and the linkage is really simple too. i might ge the 9 2.0 next year it looks good
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

They have only made 2 buggies in the last 5yrs maybe (8 and now the 9), they do update there buggies though (8.5 and 9 2.0), but no update is drastic, and the original buggy is still as capable as the updated version.. I don't think you can dislike a company for keeping there customers happy with the changes they ask for.

They could be like some companies that don't update there cars and just make you deal with it.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The Losi really seems to be the most versatile platform in the hands of MANY different drivers and diff. driving styles.

If you look at the Euro driver's setups; they're not crazy different from what we run here in the states. The car just "works" and is really easy to drive overall.

Mugen is also a good 'bang for your buck' car, but takes a little different style and isn't as forgiving as the Losi.

The Xray would be my next choice but it is a little pricey and whatever you buy will be outdated/revised/messed with next go 'round; but that's Hudy

Kyosho gets in there, but I've just never been fond of them in total because the team guys are almost never running the available kit. Nothing like the year where they ran the new front end and turned around and swapped the old rear assembly on...
Old 10-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #20
Tech Prophet

i agree with u on that they arent like xray and come out with a new car or buggy every year thats why lhs dont carry there parts i dont know why they do that, i do think lhs shoud carry ofna parts i think ofna would make more money doing that and selling more kits also
Old 10-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I drive a jammin x-2 and have owned ofna products only. They are super durable. If I had to do it all over again I would get the losi rtr 2.0. Now if your an expert driver you already have a ton of stuff laying around. So for us radio,starter box,things of that nature are things we have. If you don't then a losi rtr is the way to go. I have heard they tend to wear faster then other buggy's. I know the hyper 9 had issue's when it first came out. But so did my x-2. None of us have the same driving style. There are things we are all going to change to our liking. But I would recommend a buggy that you can get parts easily for. Just my opinion. And like stated earlier, the wall of parts for them. It's the same as my hobby store. The losi's are very popular.
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

i have a eight 1.0 the part do ware quick but handles fine ,i dont have a lcal lhs so i can get a jammin or a hyper 9 and just order them online.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Tech Prophet

my lhs closed last year unfortally
Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
The Xray would be my next choice but it is a little pricey and whatever you buy will be outdated/revised/messed with next go 'round; but that's Hudy
A XRAY lasts so much longer than a Losi. The price difference will be eaten up due to sparepart costs on the Losi. I don't know about the wear on Hyper 9.
I miss you Amy...
Lille-bror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Of the 2 I would get the losi 8ight 2.0. I would look at the AE RC8B as well. I still have love for the Mugen as well.

There are so many good buggies it's incredible.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #26
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lille-bror View Post
A XRAY lasts so much longer than a Losi. The price difference will be eaten up due to sparepart costs on the Losi. I don't know about the wear on Hyper 9.

These are the comment's i was referring to.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #27
Tech Prophet

the xray parts are higher quality just saying and im a losi guy
Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
These are the comment's i was referring to.
LOLz. It's true though. Mugens and Xrays do last. Still a ton of Mbx5's and XB8's out there with 20+ gallons on them and surprizingly alot of original parts.

Hudy got really crazy with material specs. You get what you pay for. This buggy makes my AE RC8 look like it was made out of ice cubes on a hot day. Way Stronger plastic, better metal. My pins/outdrives last twice as long. I used to envy how the Mugen drivers show up to race with very little parts then manage to crash into every single thing on the track and survive. Then I'd go out drive slow and clean, and DNF in the first qual.

If you don't mind swapping in fresh parts to get rid of the play, its no big deal, but it deos get old after a while.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #29
Tech Prophet

yea i think it will get old for me replaceing losi parts eventlly
Old 10-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
LOLz. It's true though. Mugens and Xrays do last. Still a ton of Mbx5's and XB8's out there with 20+ gallons on them and surprizingly alot of original parts.

Hudy got really crazy with material specs. You get what you pay for. This buggy makes my AE RC8 look like it was made out of ice cubes on a hot day. Way Stronger plastic, better metal. My pins/outdrives last twice as long. I used to envy how the Mugen drivers show up to race with very little parts then manage to crash into every single thing on the track and survive. Then I'd go out drive slow and clean, and DNF in the first qual.

If you don't mind swapping in fresh parts to get rid of the play, its no big deal, but it deos get old after a while.

breaking parts boils down to the driver....ive broken what 1 arm and 1 knuckles in 3 year's driving my losi's....sure ive worn out some other stuff but ill say it Again...its NO WHERE near as bad as some make it out to be....A LOT of people's opinion's are from the 1.0 which ill openly admit they had some durability issues with some of the metals...but the 2.0 is a whole new animal with significantly better metals....Xray pins wear Just as fast as Mugen and as Losi....ive used them for the last year or so to repin my losi stuff...I KNOW.

Also ive rebuild a Couple 15-20 gallon old Mugen's 5T's and their Bones and outdrive's are SHOT to a point it requires 180$ in new parts to refresh...so dont even try and tell me the losi is that much worse.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote