Wiki Posts
Search

Nova ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nova ?'s

I have used OS engines since i've run nitro in early 90's. I always thought about trying a nova engine. My speed motors leave me wanting for nothing, they're great. So, what's going on at novarossi? The 367 looked stellar but was a nightmare and the 21-7bt wasn't? How? The toro has a stroke length that should make it a stump puller, yet it has no bottom end? I guess the 21-4 is ok but i'm hearing mixed reviews locally. The p5 seems to be the only hold out from nova's glory days. My racing buddy runs a 21-7FMS, a little cranky to tune but has a big set of balls. Which brings me to the one engine i believe was the best nova, the 421b. How could nova stop making what i believe was their best offroad .21 engine. That engine with a crankshaft change is marvelous. Is nova going in the right direction? What happened to the 21-7bt?How did it run? I never see them. I suppose i will find that elusive crankshaft from another nova model and buy the seemingly scarce p/s/r for the 421 and piece it together. Just rambling and trying to slide the 1st nova into my collection. You 421 owners speak up. And just what exactly is the difference between the 421 and 821 engines?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
I have used OS engines since i've run nitro in early 90's. I always thought about trying a nova engine. My speed motors leave me wanting for nothing, they're great. So, what's going on at novarossi? The 367 looked stellar but was a nightmare and the 21-7bt wasn't? How? The toro has a stroke length that should make it a stump puller, yet it has no bottom end? I guess the 21-4 is ok but i'm hearing mixed reviews locally. The p5 seems to be the only hold out from nova's glory days. My racing buddy runs a 21-7FMS, a little cranky to tune but has a big set of balls. Which brings me to the one engine i believe was the best nova, the 421b. How could nova stop making what i believe was their best offroad .21 engine. That engine with a crankshaft change is marvelous. Is nova going in the right direction? What happened to the 21-7bt?How did it run? I never see them. I suppose i will find that elusive crankshaft from another nova model and buy the seemingly scarce p/s/r for the 421 and piece it together. Just rambling and trying to slide the 1st nova into my collection. You 421 owners speak up. And just what exactly is the difference between the 421 and 821 engines?
The 821b is pretty badass . The fms is awesome . The toro works well and has a crazy powerband . The p5 is the best all around engine . The plus4 has everything in one engine , it is the best selling nova engine in history for a reason .

I do custom builds for customers upon requests
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

And the 21-7 is an amazing engine that should still be in production
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

long as you got the correct pipe and header combo for the nova there alot easyier to tune then..literaly by hours is all it needs

fms and toro are all around power houses from what ive seen..fms is freaking amazing...has such a low powerfull grunt and revs to the moon and then some..

im thinkiing of going novarossi soon also...its between the toro and fms for me..

btw your speeds do run awsome..ive raced with you a few times..
Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

The FMS looks like a 21-7 with an onroad crankshaft. It does run well. The 21-4 seems to lack top end and wouldn't be my choice for truggy. So can anybody tell me the difference in the 421 and 821? I have found new ones of each, but not sure of the differences. Or i'm thinking abt finding a new 21-7bt. I may have to spend the jingle on the jp eagle 7 port. Anybody having success with that engine?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

My +4 hasn't DB'd yet so I can't say for sure. But some owners have likened it to the OS Speed. The newer model should be even closer to the pricey OS.

I keep hearing the FMS is a beast like the 7 port Piccos or possibly better. I can't wait to try one.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Plenty of Motor

Well, I can't speak for everyone because climate, elevation, etc come into play when trying to make power, but I have run several motors before settling on the Plus 4 and I don't find myself wanting more. I have 2 plus 4's and a plus 4 C and all are plenty of motor all around, even at The Nitro Pit. I run the 41021 header with 9853 pipe. If anything I would say Nova is leaning a little more towards fuel milage which has proven to be a huge advantage at the higher levels of competition.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by camocowboy
Well, I can't speak for everyone because climate, elevation, etc come into play when trying to make power, but I have run several motors before settling on the Plus 4 and I don't find myself wanting more. I have 2 plus 4's and a plus 4 C and all are plenty of motor all around, even at The Nitro Pit. I run the 41021 header with 9853 pipe. If anything I would say Nova is leaning a little more towards fuel milage which has proven to be a huge advantage at the higher levels of competition.
what type of times are people getting withe the toro and fms and plus 4???
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Local racer here got 13mim out of his +4.
Toro Nero driver got about 9min out of his.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

I keep hearing the FMS is a beast like the 7 port Piccos or possibly better. I can't wait to try one.
you wouldnt believe the power man...it has its own unique sound also...very good and STRONG
Old 10-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Local racer here got 13mim out of his +4.
Toro Nero driver got about 9min out of his.
you know what restrictions they ran?

im trying to decide which one to get..i like power..but not too much..i like the whole "run time" factor but yet its not that importian...but it would be cool to get 10-11min out of a tank...
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reggie l.
long as you got the correct pipe and header combo for the nova there alot easyier to tune then..literaly by hours is all it needs

fms and toro are all around power houses from what ive seen..fms is freaking amazing...has such a low powerfull grunt and revs to the moon and then some..

im thinkiing of going novarossi soon also...its between the toro and fms for me..

btw your speeds do run awsome..ive raced with you a few times..
What's up Reggie! My friend that rides with me to the hut runs a FMS. It hands down spanks the toro like a rented mule. You won't be disapointed with it, trust me. I will probably end up with one myself.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, and my buddies FMS gets 12 min on a tank at the hut in a 8t2.0 with a 8mm resticter and a 9853/short manifold.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

6mm res. 9901ss pipe 41021 header.
Track has a 200ft straight and is LOOSE!!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Prophet

If you are interested in novarossi engines checkout www.houstonsengineservice.com , I am a novarossi distributor and love the chance to show the quality of novarossi engines off every chance I can .

Monty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.