R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
What's up Reggie! My friend that rides with me to the hut runs a FMS. It hands down spanks the toro like a rented mule. You won't be disapointed with it, trust me. I will probably end up with one myself.
yea man..my buddy dan ross had one at the regionals up at blue dimond 2 weeks ago..and he was what 2 sec faster than the rest feild and he includeing anthony mazzara, he tqed no problems..i never seen him fly like that...but it was just because he had the power to clear things other people couldnt..and he's a good driver..and on top of that the traction was so good the power was all there...and it was def the fastest down the stright...

i was in a awl
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Oh, and my buddies FMS gets 12 min on a tank at the hut in a 8t2.0 with a 8mm resticter and a 9853/short manifold.
12 MIN!!!WITH ALL THAT POWER??? IM SOLD!! I GOT TO SELL SOME STUFF NOW...

HUSTON- what pipe and header combo to run in a truggy with the fms? i will mostlikely run a 7mm restrictor..MABE 8 at the most..(i run a 8t 2.0)
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
Old 10-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie l. View Post

HUSTON- what pipe and header combo to run in a truggy with the fms? i will mostlikely run a 7mm restrictor..MABE 8 at the most..(i run a 8t 2.0)
Reggie, my speed has better throttle response, more power top end and also gets 12 min tanks when not spinning tires and isn't one bit difficult to tune. Saying that because the eb modded speed will always be num 1 in my book but the FMS would be a great addition. Plus best of all the nova is 130 bucks cheaper. That's the deal.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 2 +4's and one +4C. All are great engines.

1rst +4 in my truggy has a 41021 header with a 9901 pipe and 8 gallons on it. I have pulled the engine apart twice. Once to put the turbo button on it and the second to replace the bearings at 7 gallons. They weren't bad, just being cautious .12.5 minutes on a tank. Still runs like it has 2 gallons on it. You would never know it has 8.

2nd +4 is in my buggy and has 3 gallons on it with a Dynamite 053 Platinum. Pulled apart once for the turbo button. 11.5 minutes on a tank.

3rd +4C, I run this in my truggy on big race days.Two gallons and runs REALLY strong. Smooth power band, very refined and linear. Running 41021 header and 9901 pipe. 10.5 minutes out of it. Put the turbo button in it also.

I was an OS guy for years. V-spec is the bomb when you get descent one. I had 3. First got 10 gallons, Second 6, and third had 2 and started to give me probs with the bearings already so I sold it. Before that I had a Revo which went through a lot of OS engines. Some good, some not. I'm not trying to knock OS, I just haven't had the luck some others have had.
3DRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #20
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie l. View Post

9853ss/41005 on the fms is awesome ,

If you want a whole package , lmk I will get you hooked up

Fms w/pipeset - 435$ that is fms , 9853SS and 41005 or 41021 whichever you prefer
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Reggie, my speed has better throttle response, more power top end and also gets 12 min tanks when not spinning tires and isn't one bit difficult to tune. Saying that because the eb modded speed will always be num 1 in my book but the FMS would be a great addition. Plus best of all the nova is 130 bucks cheaper. That's the deal.
yea i love os motors..i have the jx ninja with a speed crank and ebmods button
and a vspec tnt modded with a speed carb.. there great motors...and easy to tune but they have no real p/s life compared to a nova...

im sure i will get either the +4c or the fms...im just not 100% sure when just yet...mabe a christmas gift

huston i will definately get back to you on that man....i just want to know a pipe/header combo that will have the best over all throttle responce and top end for a truggy no matter what track... i will do some more reading around etc, and your opion will be considered greatly
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
Old 10-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Tech Master

~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
Old 10-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default p5

The p5 with the 985 pipe and short header would be perfect for the truggy, but a little slow on the top end. Still though the torque and longevity is priceless, and you can always gear up one tooth. I have an 808 with an old p5 I found on ebay new, and the stock 16 tooth bell may be a little undergeared for the p5. I usually automatically gear up one tooth and never miss any torque and get the powerband that keeps pulling on the long sections and makes it easier to drive by smoothing out the bottom end. I was also thinking of getting the blue 8.5mm carb restrictor too, and if houston works on the crank a bit it would be superfly in a buggy or truggy. I would think the plus 4 is too smooth for the truggy, but I really don't know for sure. the fms sounds nice, it has plenty of everything, but may be overkill.
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
The p5 with the 985 pipe and short header would be perfect for the truggy, but a little slow on the top end. Still though the torque and longevity is priceless, and you can always gear up one tooth. I have an 808 with an old p5 I found on ebay new, and the stock 16 tooth bell may be a little undergeared for the p5. I usually automatically gear up one tooth and never miss any torque and get the powerband that keeps pulling on the long sections and makes it easier to drive by smoothing out the bottom end. I was also thinking of getting the blue 8.5mm carb restrictor too, and if houston works on the crank a bit it would be superfly in a buggy or truggy. I would think the plus 4 is too smooth for the truggy, but I really don't know for sure. the fms sounds nice, it has plenty of everything, but may be overkill.
gotta love the 5 ports , i only have like 20 of them
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote