R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #31
Tech Apprentice
 
xnitrorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to xnitrorc
Smile Thats true but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhobby View Post
I don't think anyone can expect to land a jump on it's wheels and not roll or crash. I think the ideal situation is to have a landing ramp. You don't see motocross jumpers going for a record jump to land flat do you?
Thats true but, motor cycle jumps have alot more calculations go into them and loads of planning for all aspects right dowm to wind direction etc. Not that much planning goes into a rc car jump plus you would have to be certain you would make the jump.

If you came up short you would do more damage than landing on flat ground and an overshoot would be the same as not having a landing ramp.

But i get where your coming from and a landing ramp may result in a "smoother" land.
__________________
Have you got the X in X Nitro RC?
http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
Schumacher Racing - http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/~xnitrorc/127-schumacher
xnitrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic
 
modhobby's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 874
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnitrorc View Post
Thats true but, motor cycle jumps have alot more calculations go into them and loads of planning for all aspects right dowm to wind direction etc. Not that much planning goes into a rc car jump plus you would have to be certain you would make the jump.

If you came up short you would do more damage than landing on flat ground and an overshoot would be the same as not having a landing ramp.

But i get where your coming from and a landing ramp may result in a "smoother" land.
Talk to Burton, Truhe or Drake I was told they spent a lot of time planning the jump at PNB to be successful. Yes, you could just throw a standard buggy or truggy out there but they didn't. Again just like motorcross, jumps start closer together then move further out as you gauge what you think you can make. If you fall short in motorcross and it has happened, you are screwed. At least with an RC car there is no bodily damage, we hope
__________________
REDS Racing USA
modhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #33
Tech Apprentice
 
xnitrorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to xnitrorc
Smile Wasn't saying they didn't plan it

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhobby View Post
Talk to Burton, Truhe or Drake I was told they spent a lot of time planning the jump at PNB to be successful. Yes, you could just throw a standard buggy or truggy out there but they didn't. Again just like motorcross, jumps start closer together then move further out as you gauge what you think you can make. If you fall short in motorcross and it has happened, you are screwed. At least with an RC car there is no bodily damage, we hope
Wasn't saying they didn't plan it just that i think more planning goes into a motor cycle jump.

Yeah rc cars do have the edge in that your not on it.

It is a good video, no doubt would be much better to have been there, the crowd are realy brave tho! - wouldn't like that to hit me.
__________________
Have you got the X in X Nitro RC?
http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
Schumacher Racing - http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/~xnitrorc/127-schumacher
xnitrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic
 
modhobby's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 874
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnitrorc View Post
Wasn't saying they didn't plan it just that i think more planning goes into a motor cycle jump.

Yeah rc cars do have the edge in that your not on it.

It is a good video, no doubt would be much better to have been there, the crowd are realy brave tho! - wouldn't like that to hit me.
Gotcha. No doubt. I guess they know that since a Pro is driving it, they can trust him not miss the ramp or go off sideways. The next attempt at PNBIII in March 2010 is going to be very cool. Hope you can make it.
__________________
REDS Racing USA
modhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

One of the things I feel certain we ran into this year was weight. Meaning the car did not way enough to carry momentum through the air working against the forward motion...

This year I feel like we can get the 80mph or more and have been working on the vehicle to complete the jump.
__________________
Owner of the Speed Shop: A race prep shop for anything related to 1/10 and 1/8 off road racing. Check us out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Speed-Shop/382214705269137?ref=bookmarks
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #36
Tech Addict
 
NuthinFancy91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 127 Rose Avenue
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
One of the things I feel certain we ran into this year was weight. Meaning the car did not way enough to carry momentum through the air working against the forward motion...

This year I feel like we can get the 80mph or more and have been working on the vehicle to complete the jump.
Sorta like throwing a feather, and throwing a rock.

I like your Blog on MySpace Alan, when I got home from the PNB this year I got on there, and saw your idea for the World Record Jump and was like hey, they just did this! lol
__________________
Johnson Racing Team #94
Blue Groove R/C Apparel
Rccna Racing Team
Team Losi
NuthinFancy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #37
Tech Regular
 
elkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gresham Oregon
Posts: 359
Default 1/5th Baja

I bet one of those would sail like nobodies business!, I would presume you could gear it to get in the neighborhood of 80mph. There is surely enough weight to carry the inertia forward against the wind resistance. I would think there has to be some guys who made some pretty big jumps out on the sand dunes.
I would like to see that!
__________________
"He's old enough to know what's right
But young enough not to choose it"
Neal Peart / Geddy Lee
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice
 
xnitrorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to xnitrorc
Smile That would be intresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman View Post
I bet one of those would sail like nobodies business!, I would presume you could gear it to get in the neighborhood of 80mph. There is surely enough weight to carry the inertia forward against the wind resistance. I would think there has to be some guys who made some pretty big jumps out on the sand dunes.
I would like to see that!
That would be good to watch!

dread to think of how it would land tho.


Quote:
One of the things I feel certain we ran into this year was weight. Meaning the car did not way enough to carry momentum through the air working against the forward motion...

This year I feel like we can get the 80mph or more and have been working on the vehicle to complete the jump.
Thats looking very interesting it may turn into a sport itself to get the best distance!

Quote:
Gotcha. No doubt. I guess they know that since a Pro is driving it, they can trust him not miss the ramp or go off sideways. The next attempt at PNBIII in March 2010 is going to be very cool. Hope you can make it.
I'll be coming to see this, still looking for places to do my record i was hoping to do it before christmas but its look more practical for summer 2010
__________________
Have you got the X in X Nitro RC?
http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
Schumacher Racing - http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/~xnitrorc/127-schumacher
xnitrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #39
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What are the rules with this? Couldnt you just run it off an olympic ski jump ramp?
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 AM   #40
Tech Apprentice
 
xnitrorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to xnitrorc
Smile Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
What are the rules with this? Couldnt you just run it off an olympic ski jump ramp?
I'm not to certain on the rules yet waiting for Guinness to send me back the criteria.

Ski ramp is a good idea!

Going by what most people say is right the most important rule is it realy needs to land on its wheels and drive away.
__________________
Have you got the X in X Nitro RC?
http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
Schumacher Racing - http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/~xnitrorc/127-schumacher
xnitrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #41
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

I remember when SlapMaFro did all his ski jump crazyness.......ahh good times.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #42
Tech Apprentice
 
xnitrorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to xnitrorc
Talking Good times live on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I remember when SlapMaFro did all his ski jump crazyness.......ahh good times.
__________________
Have you got the X in X Nitro RC?
http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
Schumacher Racing - http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/~xnitrorc/127-schumacher
xnitrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #43
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnitrorc View Post


Do you even know who SMF is ?
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice
 
xnitrorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 90
Send a message via Skype™ to xnitrorc
Smile Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Do you even know who SMF is ?
Yeah a bunch of guys taking rc to the next level with mad jumps, bashing, my mate brought the dvd.
__________________
Have you got the X in X Nitro RC?
http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk
Schumacher Racing - http://www.xnitrorc.co.uk/~xnitrorc/127-schumacher
xnitrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #45
Tech Addict
 
Madbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Do you even know who SMF is ?
Nope....

Who is that ?
__________________
XT8 - Werks B5
Hyper 10SC Novak PRO ESC 4.5HV
Madbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
jump, rc nitro car, world record


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net