R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default balancing tires

Just for what it's worth, in the automotive trade there's a process called "MATCH BALANCING" meaning you find the heavy spot on the wheel, then you mount the tire and spin it on the wheel until you get sometimes a perfect match (no weights used) or keep weight to a minimum (no big chunk of lead on your wheel) in the case of buggy's and truggy's you may also move the foam around, I don't know if it's feasible. If somebody has a balancer and some new tires give it a try, it just might be something to put in your bag of tricks
Hitec HS-7955TG/5645MG - Stickman Batteries -Airtronics M11x
Traxxas Summit 1/10 on Gens Ace 2S lipos 5000mah
rotarynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

there is an exellent tire gluer for buggyz made by russ weidmont designs....it is dialed....i am told it is what aka uses to mount their tires....i have one and it the best thing i have ever bought

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael#81 View Post
I would get this balancer over the prop balancer. With the prop balancer you have to buy an extra adapter to use it with the 1/8 scale wheels. In the long run this one is cheaper and I think it gives the wheel a more true roll.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Tire-Balancer

Ive Tried Both Dyna and the Hudy balancer's and feel they are No where NEAR as accurate as the Dubro prop balancer...as far as an adapter...you need a spare 17mm hex and Nut and a couple pieces of fuel tubing...No adapter needed.

If you want to get REAL anal about balancing try doing your rims with a Magnetic prob balancer...there nice item's to have in the shop when balancing tires.

ALSO MAKE sure to Spin up the tires for at least a quali or 2 before balancing...the foam's WILL shift and cause the balance to be out once they find their seat.

ALL TIRES require balancing Buggy or truggy....they May Not shake or wobble on the car...but on the balancer They ARE out....whether it be .5g or 1g....Ive Never come across a set that was 1000% purfect out of the package or after glueing.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
there is an exellent tire gluer for buggyz made by russ weidmont designs....it is dialed....i am told it is what aka uses to mount their tires....i have one and it the best thing i have ever bought

linky ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Good video to watch for those new to balancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8uq...rom=PL&index=6
Old 10-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post

ALSO MAKE sure to Spin up the tires for at least a quali or 2 before balancing...the foam's WILL shift and cause the balance to be out once they find their seat.

ALL TIRES require balancing Buggy or truggy....they May Not shake or wobble on the car...but on the balancer They ARE out....whether it be .5g or 1g....Ive Never come across a set that was 1000% purfect out of the package or after glueing.
Just to clarify then (sorry, real n00b here) you mount and glue the tyres (UK spelling ) run them for 1/2 and hour or so, then balance them?

Thanks in advance.
Beddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #22
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddo View Post
Just to clarify then (sorry, real n00b here) you mount and glue the tyres (UK spelling ) run them for 1/2 and hour or so, then balance them?

Thanks in advance.

yes run them prior to balancing...but not 1/2 hour....a quali or 2.....unless you run 15 min quali's... Just jokes buddy.

Squirrel's method is WRONG DO NOT folllow his balancing advice on his vid...it may seem right but i tell you its wrong on many level's.