Wiki Posts
Search

Carb reducer help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Carb reducer help.

Hey guys I have an OS V spec. I also have the red (7mm) reducer and the Blue (8mm) reducer. What are the different affects of each? And how do I know which to use?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They just alter the fuel:air ratio, makes for less air to the mixture. The motor becomes a lot more drivable and the fuel economy improves, the smaller the insert.

I don't personally run a V-Spec, but I have heard of a lot of people running the 6 and 6.5MM reducer and getting really good runtimes.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LosiDriver4Life
Hey guys I have an OS V spec. I also have the red (7mm) reducer and the Blue (8mm) reducer. What are the different affects of each? And how do I know which to use?
If you have the restrictors that come with the engine, the blue is 9mm and red is 8mm. the smaller the restictor, the less power you have. It can make the car easer to drive plus give better fuel milage. but, a smaller restictor can be harder to tune. but 8mm is easy to tune, it's when you get down to 6mm that if youre not experenced with tunning, can be difficult.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Ok thanks. So what should i do before switching to a smaller restrictor? Should i richen up the engine and retune?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wondered the same before I dropped down from 9 to 7mm. I was told by several people to just drop it in and see how it is. You may need to lean a bit.

A smaller restricter is just less air. You still have the same fuel values, so you may have to lean to optimize the mixture for the reduced amount of air. This is where the decrease in power and increase in economy and drivability comes in.