R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Mugen MBX5t Setup opinion NEEDED (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/337482-mugen-mbx5t-setup-opinion-needed.html)

jbusch1983 10-20-2009 05:05 PM

Mugen MBX5t Setup opinion NEEDED

Ok guys heres is what i am going with in the 2010season I want feedback on this and I would like to know how many people would race this setup??

Mugen MBX5T
Tires: Any AKA that work well on a track Im buying about 3 sets
KYOSHO BIG BORE SHOCKS...
MOTOR>>>Novarossi P5XLT with Nova Pipe on it 9886?I think is the number
JR steering 9100S
Hitec 5985 throttle

I want a MBX6 T but will have to wait and see how the fundings go....
The MBX5 that I have handles great and jumps exceptionally well..
Had it at a state series and was very competetive with the RC8T and the 2.0s

butch man 10-20-2009 05:51 PM

If your going with the 5t then the best improvement would be to put a bunch of weight on the front end.

tape on lead wheel weights under the steering akerman between the bell crank posts works well & brings steering up to but a little under the newer trucks.

awdcameolsx 10-20-2009 06:02 PM

Honestly I used the BCE chassis this past season with the Scott Huges setup. I tried new shocks with various springs from the mbx6-t but honestly the truck drove worse. The 2 biggest improvements where on-power steering and jump landing stability. I also put an ounce where butch man previously described on the technical track I drove on this year and steering was great. Not AS good at a 6-t but I was able to make the a-main against the newer lighter trucks.

Eagle7 10-21-2009 06:26 AM

You'll burn up the 9100S on steering I'd go with the 9100T and the 9100S on throttle.

wallot 10-21-2009 08:19 AM

been using +1mm offset buggy wheel hubs with great success. little bit less of high speed turn stability in exchange of huge steering and lower turn speed improvement.

kd2777 10-21-2009 04:10 PM

I was going to suggest the same thing. Try the 6T wheel extenders, they look to be shorter than the 5T ones. That should help the truck seem more reactive and give it a little more steering. I would also agree with the guy that dislikes the 9000s on the steering. I would swap the two servos and put the 5955 on the steering and the 9000s on the throttle.

Other than that rocket it. If you are buying the Kyosho shocks I would suggest getting the Mugen one's instead, just in case you get the cash to pick up a 6t mid season you can use the shocks as spares. If you already have the shocks no big deal.

jbusch1983 10-21-2009 04:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys....hell keep it coming.

I am going to go with the Hitec titanium geared servo for steering now...that should do the trick

I already own the kyosho shocks and I love those things

Anyhow more more more lets go

Trevor Williams 10-21-2009 11:00 PM

Josh, if you need a Novarossi, look up Monty Houston here on tech or just hit me up via pm:nod:

vagnik 10-28-2009 06:27 AM

About the 6T wheel adapters - should I use them only in the front in order to increase on power steering?

awdcameolsx 10-28-2009 05:55 PM

Running narrow in the front and not the rear makes it act really funny off power. Too much to the point where it was very much not worth the on power steering I got. Also makes it very unstable at the end of a long stretch.

bcr500 10-29-2009 01:26 PM

Not trying to hijack this thread but whats a good setup for a mbx5t on a clay track that grooves up easy? I just got this truggy and im in need of a good setup.it also has the bce chassie. also what kind of droop settings does this truggy like?

Alan D. 10-29-2009 01:30 PM

One the MBX5T we used to run full droop.

Unscrew the droop screws until they are not touching the chassis then screw them in until you take 1mm of droop out.

This way you won't pull the shock apart.