R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeltoedrver View Post
Two quick questions:
1. Do you use 25% nitro?
2. Why do you use a #4 plug and not the #6 Nova says to use? At least according to several sites selling the mill.
Yes, I'm running Byrons Gen 2 25/9 fuel. It works noticeably better than the Trinity 20/12 I was running.

The #4 is hotter. The tracks I'm running on are tight and big, there is alot of off power turns and idle time during a lap. Its hard to find a pit guy that isn't slow. And its getting cold out.

The #4 offers better idle, less flame outs, and is easier to tune. When it gets warmer I'll use the #5 plugs.

I tried th OD #77 plugs and they were ok, the Novarossi #4 seems superior though.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
T$
Tech Adept

Not that it's a problem, but does your N21BF Limited run pretty hot? (around 280?)

Mine's un-modded with a Dynamite 086 pipe. I've run O'Donnel 20% and Torco 30%, and O'Donnell 99 and 100 plugs. I feel I've got it tuned properly, and even tried it a bit rich, but the engine really seems to want to run in the 280 range.

Again, it runs great and I really like the engine, but just curious.
T$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Yes, I'm running Byrons Gen 2 25/9 fuel. It works noticeably better than the Trinity 20/12 I was running.

The #4 is hotter. The tracks I'm running on are tight and big, there is alot of off power turns and idle time during a lap. Its hard to find a pit guy that isn't slow. And its getting cold out.

The #4 offers better idle, less flame outs, and is easier to tune. When it gets warmer I'll use the #5 plugs.

I tried th OD #77 plugs and they were ok, the Novarossi #4 seems superior though.
thank you very much, you have been a huge help!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #19
Tech Prophet

wouldnt u use the #4 plug when its like 30 degress outside since its a hot plug,the hottest i ran during racing was 222 i did have fuel line come off my exhast without knowing it ran 280 , tune by the performance not the temp as long as u see smoke coming from the pipe u are fine and its running rite also
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote