Good engine for $200 or less....... >

Good engine for $200 or less.......

Good engine for $200 or less.......

Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
them alpha engines do look good and there not to much money
I qualified 9th in the Expert truggy A main at this weekend Nitro Cross World Championship with an Alpha Z852 and was the only one to consistantly make 11:00 run times stock out of the box. For a list price of $210 you can't beat these engines.

I have a full report on the Track Star thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...n-socal-8.html

Jimmy Wright
Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just bought a Werks B5 for next season. They are hard to pass up for $200 and I'm thinking I'll probably grab a second one and run them in both buggy and truggy.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ive had great luck with the Dynamite XP...fast little bugger with a JP3 pipe...easily kept up with much higher price mills. Run times are ok but for the price its strong.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Go Engines are as good as any of the best. There is a thread fo Go engines in the nitro off-road section, be prepared.........it's over 600 pages.
http://www.go-engine.com/
The U.S. Importer is USER ID Ruune on this forum
http://www.go-engine-usa.com/ His list of dealers is constantly growing.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

the only motors i have used in your price range are the Go's and the Werks B3 and B5.
I would go with the B5 . People are getting 10 min run time and have good power all around plus some of the best customer service there is.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Well I think I'm leaning towards either the N21BF or the B5 now. I think it's more towards the B5. Would the dynamite 053 or 086 be a good pipe for either one of these engines or should I get a JR pipe. Don't know a whole lot about pipes yet. I'm sure I will have to figure out which one I like. The only one that I have run is the 053 on the mach 2 .21
Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tate72
Well I think I'm leaning towards either the N21BF or the B5 now. I think it's more towards the B5. Would the dynamite 053 or 086 be a good pipe for either one of these engines or should I get a JR pipe. Don't know a whole lot about pipes yet. I'm sure I will have to figure out which one I like. The only one that I have run is the 053 on the mach 2 .21
the werks motor loves the werks 2013 pipe and has an excellent note.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tate72
Tate72, I've been watching this thread the last couple of days and would like to thank you for considering one of our engines. I believe in a more low pressure sales tactic which is why I have refrained from posting on here until you narrowed down your choices to 2 engines, one of them being our B5. Either engine will serve you well and both are high quality, Italian made motors.

I know that you mentioned that you were looking for a $200 practice engine however our new B5 is truly a competition worthy motor, not just a product that you would use for practice and then replace with your race motor. To get an idea of the performance that this engine offers please take a look at the Nitrocross Buggy Main video which is currently on www.neobuggy.net home page. In it you will see Jeremy Kortz leading a significant portion of the race running the B5 motor. The video is a bit fuzzy but he has the black body with white wing and white wheels. Most importantly though I want to mention that he is running a bone stock motor that was just randomly pulled out of stock. So he runs the exact same motors that you as a consumer have access to with no modifications, no special part and no special selection process! So with the B5 you can in my opinion for the first time as a consumer, purchase a truly competitive, high quality Italian racing mill for under $200! I believe in letting the product speak for it's self instead of us as a manufacturers pumping it up and claiming it is the best or it does that and others don't etc. etc. Take a look at the video and or at some of the comments on the B5 thread on here and I think that it will speak for it's self! If you have any questions or would like additional information about our products please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing
Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hi all, my name is "San" and I'm a Werks B5 addict. Thank you for listening.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Tate72, I've been watching this thread the last couple of days and would like to thank you for considering one of our engines. I believe in a more low pressure sales tactic which is why I have refrained from posting on here until you narrowed down your choices to 2 engines, one of them being our B5. Either engine will serve you well and both are high quality, Italian made motors.

I know that you mentioned that you were looking for a $200 practice engine however our new B5 is truly a competition worthy motor, not just a product that you would use for practice and then replace with your race motor. To get an idea of the performance that this engine offers please take a look at the Nitrocross Buggy Main video which is currently on www.neobuggy.net home page. In it you will see Jeremy Kortz leading a significant portion of the race running the B5 motor. The video is a bit fuzzy but he has the black body with white wing and white wheels. Most importantly though I want to mention that he is running a bone stock motor that was just randomly pulled out of stock. So he runs the exact same motors that you as a consumer have access to with no modifications, no special part and no special selection process! So with the B5 you can in my opinion for the first time as a consumer, purchase a truly competitive, high quality Italian racing mill for under $200! I believe in letting the product speak for it's self instead of us as a manufacturers pumping it up and claiming it is the best or it does that and others don't etc. etc. Take a look at the video and or at some of the comments on the B5 thread on here and I think that it will speak for it's self! If you have any questions or would like additional information about our products please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing

Thanks for the reply. This won't be a practice engine it will be my main engine. If I use a practice engine it will be the mach 427. I will check out the site that you have posted.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Fantastic responses from Ron are the reason I bought my B5. It's a great engine, and for a guy to take time like he does to make the posts that he does, well I'm all for good customer service.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Does anybody else think it's GREAT that there are so many good choices to ponder in the $200 price range?

Ditto what the others said, all of these are good engines but the B5 is a real racing engine that happens to cost only $200. The one I've seen on the track ran stronger than any other engine I've ever seen in this price range.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the B5 and Werks. It easily hung with the guys at my track running $400-500 motors. It never flamed out and just could idle all day long. Can't wait to pick another one up over the offseason as a spare. Ron is always there for your questions, which really sold me.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

I will be trying a Werks B5. The price of this engine along with what I have read about its performance and the customer service . Ron really supports his product, And that is why I will try one of engines, thanks to Ron for thinking about the little racer like myself .
Old 10-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nothin special
I will be trying a Werks B5. The price of this engine along with what I have read about its performance and the customer service . Ron really supports his product, And that is why I will try one of engines, thanks to Ron for thinking about the little racer like myself .
Lol, we were all little racer at one time including my self! Frankly that's the beauty of this sport. It can starts off as a hobby and then turn into a career or as in my case a business! Trust we though when I say that I'm still the little guy surounded by 300 pound gorillas but I'll never forget that the whole reason I got started with this business in the first place was because I was so unhappy with the support and service that I was getting from companies at the time! I'm not going to make the same mistake my self lol!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.