How many races have you won?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My first year racing and I have won one race

Have had fastest lap multiple times.

Driving slower is faster.

Coming from someone who just started racing. It is the worst feeling watching the guy behind you reel you in or the guy ahead just streching his lead and you make bad decisions that end up in lost time
-Bad timing on whoops/jumps
-Hitting pipes
-overshooting jumps
-undershooting jumps

Stay at your own pace and dont try and turn on the heat when your not usually that fast.

Your faster keeping your own pace compared to some guy whos faster than you but has to get marshalled every 20 seconds
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Practice, race, club race, do your maintenance, understand the race, run at a pace where you know you will not wreck, never yell at marshals, If you push it do so only where you have a good marshal, have fun, if you finish 5th, try to get 4th next time, Breath, breath, really BREATH! If the announcer calls you in third, do not panic...Member, you can only panic when you are in the lead..THEN Everybody is chasing YOU, Just drive like you drive, Nothin worse than first to 8th cause ya did somthin stupid with one minute to go...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been racing about 3 years now and have won several "B" mains but my best is coming in 2nd in the "A" on consecutive weekends.
Two things that helped me get better was calming the hell down and having a motor that was so tired i couldn't go fast, so i ran a really smooth race. I've had power before and it doesn't help me at all.
Slow is fast.
I've seen some local pro's that go fast and they tend to mess up when they push the car too much.
At the 1st PNB the winner of Truggy was the only one rolling the jumps while everyone else got big air and crashed on landing.
Slow is fast