Wiki Posts
Search

Want to convert firestorm to 4wd mt2

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Want to convert firestorm to 4wd mt2

I have been looking at the HPI RS4 MT2 with the G3.0 motor and like what I am seeing. It looks like it is basically a 4wd Firestorm 10T. I have a Firestorm 10t that has the G3.0 motor and was wondering if anyone had any idea what it would take or if it would be possible to do a straight conversion to 4wd on the Firestorm chassis. I am thinking all I have to do is change the differential, add some dog bones, get the front diff, and maybe some different shocks upfront. Anyone think of anything else I am missing? If that is all I have to do it would be cheaper than trying to sell my Firestorm and buying a new MT2.

Thanks for any input in advance.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uhgg
I have been looking at the HPI RS4 MT2 with the G3.0 motor and like what I am seeing. It looks like it is basically a 4wd Firestorm 10T. I have a Firestorm 10t that has the G3.0 motor and was wondering if anyone had any idea what it would take or if it would be possible to do a straight conversion to 4wd on the Firestorm chassis. I am thinking all I have to do is change the differential, add some dog bones, get the front diff, and maybe some different shocks upfront. Anyone think of anything else I am missing? If that is all I have to do it would be cheaper than trying to sell my Firestorm and buying a new MT2.

Thanks for any input in advance.
I think trying to convert the Firestorm into a MT2 is pretty far out there and you would definitely be better off buying or trading for MT2. Just going off the pictures on HPI's website your parts list would be huge. Such as

Chassis plate, centerdiff, rear and front gearboxes (including all the internals), Center Diff, front hubs, front carriers, probably front arms, CVD's for the front, dog bones for the transmission of power from the center to both ends of the truck. Frankly that's probably only half the parts needed. I don't think it's cost effective and if you want an MT2 your better off buying one.