R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I myself feel that MT's and Truggy's are the coolest looking rc's. But OBVIOUSLY thats just my opinion.
xutmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi t2.0 stock body is the best out there. IMO they look so nice, i'll never switch to a different style
Bennny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

YOURS might not look like a truck... But no, it certainly isn't aerodynamic!
Attached Thumbnails
Why are truggies so ugly?-08242009051.jpg   Why are truggies so ugly?-08242009053.jpg   Why are truggies so ugly?-08242009054.jpg   Why are truggies so ugly?-08242009049.jpg  
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Well ZD does have a point, they are ugly, and when you thought they couldn't get any worse, they give you the tadpole

I know, form and function-but it still = UGLY

LOLz, looks the same to me:

Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #35
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 519 (100%+)

Now That is FUNNY
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this is great for a morning laugh........ its funny how many people on here are just jumping on the bandwagon by saying they are ugly but was the first person to place an order for one and wait months before they actually got it.

Truggies are dope. I "LOVE" the bodies, especailly that of the LOSI. Its trend setting, all the others companies are trying to bite the style in some way, shape or fashion.

They are different, not designed to be replicas or scale, they are built to preform. And I strongly believe the reason why truggies are so popular with newbies is because of the way they look on the track flying threw the air....
I (we) are saying you cant like em, I just think they are ugly IMO. I dont own one, but maybe someday-who knows. There are a lot of things that are ugly, turds are ugly, but with a little polish, eh..nope they're still ugly..
Old 10-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
I (we) are saying you cant like em, I just think they are ugly IMO. I dont own one, but maybe someday-who knows. There are a lot of things that are ugly, turds are ugly, but with a little polish, eh..nope they're still ugly..
Now THAT is funny!

I am not particularly fond of the "giant alien haploid cell" Losi body either.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #38
Tech Elite

I can see what Losi and Mugen are doing with the fishy bodies.

They're trying to get the body down to let a fresh stream of air get to the wing. If turbulent air hits the wing all kinds of bad things happen.

If the body blocks the wing then it can't hardly work at all.

I don't get how many lumps get molded into truggy bodies. If form follows function for raceing, shouldn't truggies have long buggy bodies.

Buggy bodies for truggy........(calling the patent office, standby)
Old 10-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this is great for a morning laugh........ its funny how many people on here are just jumping on the bandwagon by saying they are ugly but was the first person to place an order for one and wait months before they actually got it.

Truggies are dope. I "LOVE" the bodies, especailly that of the LOSI. Its trend setting, all the others companies are trying to bite the style in some way, shape or fashion.

They are different, not designed to be replicas or scale, they are built to preform. And I strongly believe the reason why truggies are so popular with newbies is because of the way they look on the track flying threw the air....
+1

I like the new Losi shell, and couldn't wait for JC to release the Punisher for the AE . I ordered 2 Punishers for my RC8T. I do think that it will improve performance because of the lowered COG. After I paint a body, it can feel pretty heavy and the stock body ( which I also like ) sits about 1-1.5 inches above the head of the engine, therefore, the Punisher ( or Losi ) body will take alot of that weight, and bring it down much lower than the stock body.

Anywho.. arguing about how a body 'looks' is totally pointless..it's like arguing about color, or music...to each his own because there's no right answer. Slap whatever body you want on it, afteral, it's your $$$, spend it as you please...who cares if the guy beside you thinks it looks 'wrong', I certainly don't! I think truggies looks awesome.

There's no 1:1 truggy to compare it to really because a truggy was spawned from a buggy and MT..the pics of the Class 1 trucks aren't full scale truggies! That's too funny Where's the flat pan chassis?? Besides, our 1/8 scales can out-perform any 1:1 when you scale it up...I don't know of any full scale off road trucks or cars that can corner or jump like 1/8 scale And why worry about comparing them to full scale--this is RC racing, not scale RC racing!

Zerodefect..funny you mention a buggy body on a truggy, I was messing around a few months ago and snapped this pic of my RC8T :
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #40
Tech Elite

That looks sweet. Way better than tUGLIES. I'd imagine it would have better performance as well.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post

Zerodefect..funny you mention a buggy body on a truggy, I was messing around a few months ago and snapped this pic of my RC8T :

I saw that coming.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I saw that coming.
Of course you did, being on top of the world up there
Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dallas101

In my opinion truggies looked alot better when they handled worse LOL by that I mean when they didn't have much more wheelbase than a monster truck example being the original Kyosho ST-R it's when they made them so long that they started gettin ugly. Oh well I'd take a MBX6T anyday of the week.

Dallas
Dallas101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

When the rules changed to allow bodies that don't cover the rear shock tower, all bets were off. Any design goes, and "resembling a production vehicle" was lost.

Colors By Dave - I love to paint
Colors_By_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

I get a kick out of the 'resembling a production vehicle' rule I can't think of any off road RC truggy that looks like a production anything

Rules should focus less on looks and more on technical things that relate to performance.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote