R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Well the problem with new products coming out and infor on those new products are now owned by the internet. Now mags, have alot of smaller and hidden items that I feel they get paid to promote. The pics again IMO are ads. One thing about the mags in general that I like and one of the reasons I subscribe over and over and over is becuase of hidden details. Between batteries and little option parts, pics of rides and parts - the STARTER BOX AND LEARN HOW TO edits are great to learn or to be refreshed on different products that can make your day at the track enjoyable. OH I forgot the best reason GIRLS.......Cover for Aug 09 XRC - OMG I would by the XRAY just because of who holding it.......
this one?

drool indeed!

google "nicollette import model" for more awesomeness
Old 10-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Lidz View Post
Thanks man, that means a lot to me

I had to quit painting for a while to tend to some matters at the house. Thankfully, everything is great again and I have resumed airbrush ops again ...
... You're very welcome, but I should be thanking you, not you thanking me for all the help your articles were ( and still are ). I was pretty disappointed when your articles quit appearing in R/C Car, and I look forward to seeing them again, in any magazine out there I'm glad to hear you're back in action. Home life can get quite hectic ( I'm also married with a pre-teen, and we own a restaurant, life get nuts somedays ), and I'm glad you have it under control once again.

What attracted me to XRC was there no-bull approach, and Derek's writing style, and the X-Dyno. I like reading Derek's editorials, and I find myself agreeing with his point of view quite often. This is not to say that I don't agree with other editors' ideas, I just think Derek writing style stands out, and to me, I see his style being duplicated by other writers ( I'm not sure how 'true' that is, it just feels like that sometimes when I read other articles )

I like reading them all though, I like hearing different views, and reviews on the same vehicle or product, the more information I can get on a product I'm interested, the better for me. It's kind of like reading a newspaper that only prints RC news for me. Any new person getting into the hobby will more than likely rely on magazines until they've established some sort of an idea on how to enjoy this hobby, wether they race or bash. The more experienced/serious racer will seek out where he/she sees fit, likely relying a little less on magazines than the new person, but this doesn't mean that magazines provide bad information because afterall, they have a reputation to worry about.

Now many will say they need to make their advertisers happy, this is true, but in order to get advertisers to buy ad space, they need to have satisfied readers ( meaning magazine sales ), or they won't sell ads. To keep their readers happy, they have to be as honest as possible in their approach. Everything always looks good from the other side of the fence.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #63
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
... You're very welcome, but I should be thanking you, not you thanking me for all the help your articles were ( and still are ). I was pretty disappointed when your articles quit appearing in R/C Car, and I look forward to seeing them again, in any magazine out there I'm glad to hear you're back in action. Home life can get quite hectic ( I'm also married with a pre-teen, and we own a restaurant, life get nuts somedays ), and I'm glad you have it under control once again.

What attracted me to XRC was there no-bull approach, and Derek's writing style, and the X-Dyno. I like reading Derek's editorials, and I find myself agreeing with his point of view quite often. This is not to say that I don't agree with other editors' ideas, I just think Derek writing style stands out, and to me, I see his style being duplicated by other writers ( I'm not sure how 'true' that is, it just feels like that sometimes when I read other articles )

I like reading them all though, I like hearing different views, and reviews on the same vehicle or product, the more information I can get on a product I'm interested, the better for me. It's kind of like reading a newspaper that only prints RC news for me. Any new person getting into the hobby will more than likely rely on magazines until they've established some sort of an idea on how to enjoy this hobby, wether they race or bash. The more experienced/serious racer will seek out where he/she sees fit, likely relying a little less on magazines than the new person, but this doesn't mean that magazines provide bad information because afterall, they have a reputation to worry about.

Now many will say they need to make their advertisers happy, this is true, but in order to get advertisers to buy ad space, they need to have satisfied readers ( meaning magazine sales ), or they won't sell ads. To keep their readers happy, they have to be as honest as possible in their approach. Everything always looks good from the other side of the fence.
WARNING this post contains too much logic and will be removed for the web to prevent any further people from using logic on the web

Good post.
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #64
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Go Nid.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #65
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB View Post
And just for credibility of my last statement. I've raced with Ryan. Me and a stock Slash in with BL SC10s. Not too bad considering I have a truck with no corner speed and a stock servo/esc... .8 seconds off the lap time.

OCRC Wednesday Night Racing
Timing and Scoring by
Round#
Race# 9
Driver Name Pos Car# Laps Race Time Fast Lap Behind Q#
TQ: Mike McMahon 15/5:15.504
www.RCScoringPro.com
SC 10 (A Main)
Top 5
Average
Sponsor Top 10 Top 20
Josh Anderson 1 8 18 6:06.435 19.923 20.167 20.303 2
Ryan Cavalieri 2 2 18 6:15.434 20.098 8.999 20.254 20.494 5
Mike McMahon 3 5 18 6:21.461 20.333 15.026 20.695 20.920 1
Derek, Buono 4 4 17 6:04.092 20.858 21.000 21.170 4
Bob Stelflue 5 6 17 6:23.794 21.207 19.702 21.376 21.702 6
Chris Jarosz 6 1 16 6:02.214 21.250 21.359 21.749 3
Carl Hyndman 7 9 16 6:18.592 21.160 16.378 21.526 22.397 7
David, Dalzell 8 10 16 6:21.200 21.694 18.986 22.581 22.999 9
Matt Skipple 9 7 16 6:23.931 21.848 21.717 22.195 22.796 8
Roy, Fulk 10 11 16 6:25.281 22.081 23.067 22.430 23.205 10
Ric Fish 11 0 15 6:10.264 22.007 22.685 23.300 12
Aret Elbicer 12 3 15 6:23.630 21.979 13.366 22.957 24.246 11
Dano 13 20 1 0:26.571 13
Thats a really good run.Whats the highest you've finished in the pro class at a national event?Truggy or buggy.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #66
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
Thats a really good run.Whats the highest you've finished in the pro class at a national event?Truggy or buggy.
I haven't really raced big races in years. I do this for a living and having the time to take off a week to race isn't a luxury I have these days. But my last big race was probably the ROAR Nitro Sedan Nationals and I made the B-Main after bumping up a few times. I probably would have done well in that main too, but I had an engine problem and somebody tuned my engine too rich.

Other than that I used to run that Saturday Series Expert class...and I think I won a round of that one year. I'd like to say I focus on one class, but really I'm pretty good at all of them. I've raced everything from Oval to 1/8-scale on-road.
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
this one?

drool indeed!

google "nicollette import model" for more awesomeness
Yes indeed I did............. she has recieved alot of attention sitting here on my desk. And NO you may not borrow my XRC Mags.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #68
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

..lol..I just wish that I had the opportunity to just be at the same track as the people you race against Derek, nevermind getting to race with them! Too bad we didn't have a longer Summer her in Iglooland No racing until Spring for me
Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
..lol..I just wish that I had the opportunity to just be at the same track as the people you race against Derek, nevermind getting to race with them! Too bad we didn't have a longer Summer her in Iglooland No racing until Spring for me

were heading out to T-Burg in April I myself am hitting up the Pit in February and Alabama in June.

get the boys together and pick a race.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Yes indeed I did............. she has recieved alot of attention sitting here on my desk. And NO you may not borrow my XRC Mags.
i dont need yours. i got my own

besides, the pages are probably stuck together on yours
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
were heading out to T-Burg in April I myself am hitting up the Pit in February and Alabama in June.

get the boys together and pick a race.

I WISH buddy! I'm currently pumping all my $$$ into house renovations, so thing could be tight by the time Winter rolls by. I will certainly keep in in minds if I can make it happen.

LMAO @ fatdaddy
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
i dont need yours. i got my own

besides, the pages are probably stuck together on yours
Yeah that was a joke. I have a co-worker here that took on of my mag into the restroom.........NO I didnt get it back...

A Derek - You should have posters of the profossers in there. I will pay more...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB View Post
1. I don't get when people ask a question, why the answer isn't to the question they were asking. If they ask which MAGAZINE people recommend and people answer "the internet," it's like asking which soda do you like and saying eat a potato. OBVIOUSLY he's on the internet...it's where he's asking.

2. I'm not sure what "race scene" means. Does it mean gossip, lies, truth or information. And it's never easy to thumb through forums to find just general information. Magazines aren't INSTANT, but they can eliminate "fluff" of people talking and making stuff up. That's what the internet is for..answering a question with an answer not asked for.

We cover lots of races (more than any) and cover racing topics.
+1
Ofna Nitro DM1
offroad racer is offline   Reply With Quote