R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I want to add also that the guys racing for the money at this event no what it's like and how to act. The main focus is having a crazy amount of prizes for the open and int drivers...a race for those guys..

I have always thought the no corner marshal deal would be cool....
Old 10-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigfoot3387

so far as to me most tracks are greedy to the racer most ive whent to 10.00 entry fee and if you win first 1 dollar per car but this is devided between 1st and 3ed i live in oklahoma so not many choces for race but i would love to see a track owener give out at least a ribbion to each racer like 1,2,3 and a good job ribbion for for the others that did not win it seems to be the norm ill let you race on my track and take your money and then never say thanks maby thats why so many tracks are going under but thats just my expernce o some are not famly frindly im in the prosess of geting a track started and will always remember the guys that race becase that how i will stay in bisnuss and welcome there families and try to get the hole famly into rc even if i have to loan out a car for some one to race i havent raced in over a year know got set up went to a few places and got same not so good treatment maby other guys have beter luck
bigfoot3387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #18
Tech Addict

I try to pick a race that is transgender friendly. One where I know how to act. A race that is based on public opinion not advertising and chivalry.A race where people care. A race where other racers have courtesy and respect for challenged individuals with stability/ tuning issues. A race that has lots of messed up people so I will feel at home.A race that ZeroDefect and Grouchy can be proud to get last place for a change.A cold beer not so cold it won't pour but cold enough to make other people want one. A beer that is never empty. A beer that tastes great, is the King of Beers,as clear and bright as a mountain stream, a beer that choosy moms will choose.A race that has no winner, a race held in a Church yard during service.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
I know cheaper is always better. But how would a $70 entry fee look to the average racers if:

Race had tons of sponsors....I mean lots. All of these said sponsor donations go back to the open and sportsman drivers.

Free shirt and track supplied corner marshal with that $70 entry fee. So no cornering for the racers. Just kicking back, hanging out and some racing...

Indoor a super large arena, so event is a given no matter the weather. It's planned in a time of year when temps are low to mid 80's. Same temps inside.

Covered pits with lights and event supplied power and concrete floor. Outside just steps from the driverstand.

same run time for pro/open/and sportsman classes, no cutting the regular guys short

big trophies for top 5 in every class.

$4000 payout minimum for pro class and up to 10k with $325 entries(expected 250-350)

Did I mention huge prize packages for open and sportsman classes with sponsorship contracts good for one year etc?

Factory Drivers at the event

On site custom design tshirts

Proffesional announcer

Liverc.com

RC Car Magazine covering event...

I think this is a great thread and would love to here what you guys think an event of this level is worth on entry fee..

Thanks!

Alan Burton
The Speed Shop
2010 Alabama Manf. Shootout
I would say if you had "this race" you would also have to have security gaurds as well because your gona have some fist fights..... I have seen "richards" fight over a club race lost for NO money put out some actual $$$$ and they going to try to kill each other.

I would never race at a big race like that....my skills are not at that level yet. I like to have fun racing more easy going.

I like to race as much as possible
RC8 E Castle Creations M M !!
Slash Novak Havok !!
Mr GoodCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Thats the difference in a back yard race with $500 to win and a national level event with the top pros in the country racing for money..

It happens all the time without fist fights.....

We have them every year in Alabama without issue.

We even have a class for you with people just like yourself racing for prizes and plaques...
Old 10-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #21
Tech Elite

But I can understand your thoughts...

At events like these you have actual pros racing in the pro class. Guys who can race for money and put on a show while doing.

You then have the guys a bit under them in the open class who are racing for a good time and to win some kits, prizes, etc...

Then the sportsman guys who are racing for just the same......
Old 10-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I usually pick the races where I think the turnout will be the best. A well attended club race is often more fun than a big event though.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Several things:

1) For big races, I try to go to them just because they're fun. I don't care about trophies or payouts, I'm not going to be getting any of that anyway, and I don't care. A good track layout, a well run program, and some actual runtime (5 minute c-main? Not going... why spend my money for that?)

2) It depends on classes. Example: I didn't race the Texas State Series (RC Pro) because there isn't a Sportsman Truggy class. (but there is for buggy... go figure...) (Ok, I did run ONE because it was local.) NOTE: If there wasn't a sportsman class for buggy or truggy either one I would probably run it... I just felt a little "overlooked" when they made a class for sportsman buggy but not truggy. That says to me "we don't need truggies in this series."

I don't mind being a rolling roadblock for the fast guys... as long as it is that way for the buggy guys too.

3) The facility and the folks who run the facility make a difference. I'll try to find an excuse to run any event in Austin- I like Paul AND his track layouts. (That's not discounting Bossier- nice track and nice folks there too... but N-Control has always been the place I've enjoyed running the most. Unfortunately it is too far to go there frequently.)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #24
Tech Elite

good points brad....

what do you think is a fair time for lower mains?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #25
Tech Elite

I like the idea of......

45min pro mains/30min open/sportsman mains with

20 min b's for all

15 minute c's for all

7-10 lower mains for all
Old 10-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
I like the idea of......

45min pro mains/30min open/sportsman mains with

20 min b's for all

15 minute c's for all

7-10 lower mains for all
Honestly, I'd LIKE to see 15. Anything under 10 is a wasted trip if it isn't a local track....

Look at it this way:

I can go rent a 7GCBC Citabria for $95 an hour wet. Call it $1.50 a minute.

Now, let's break it down by track time. Say you have 5 minute heats x 4, with 3 minutes of warmup... and a 10 minute main, again with 3 minutes of warmup. That's 45 minutes of total driving time. $1 a minute if the race entry is $45. Anything that costs more that $1 a minute... I'd rather go fly.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
Tech Adept

ABURTON,That sounds alot like the Manufacture's Cup held up here in Idaho.The best race I have ever been too.Lee
Old 10-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Honestly, I'd LIKE to see 15. Anything under 10 is a wasted trip if it isn't a local track....

Look at it this way:

I can go rent a 7GCBC Citabria for $95 an hour wet. Call it $1.50 a minute.

Now, let's break it down by track time. Say you have 5 minute heats x 4, with 3 minutes of warmup... and a 10 minute main, again with 3 minutes of warmup. That's 45 minutes of total driving time. $1 a minute if the race entry is $45. Anything that costs more that $1 a minute... I'd rather go fly.

wow!!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDIN View Post
wow!!
Hey... you asked!

Seriously... I DO believe the guys that qualify for the higher-level mains should get more runtime... but maybe not 5x as much. We all pay to play.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Normal club racing is 3, 5min heats and a 5-7 min main sometimes 10mins. So I am still paying $1 a min to race. But there is open crashing(I mean practice) before hand, so you can get more track time. I say run the mains as long as possible within reason. I don;t even think about trying to race for 45 mins....

I like to race as much as possible
RC8 E Castle Creations M M !!
Slash Novak Havok !!
Mr GoodCat is offline   Reply With Quote