R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   How bout another Starter box thread? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/336547-how-bout-another-starter-box-thread.html)

coaltrain 10-17-2009 11:38 AM

How bout another Starter box thread?

I didnt want to start another thread about starter boxes but I have searched and can not find an answer. First off I do not need a starter box, I have 2 that work perfectly fine for my D8 and D8T, so please do not recommend the BLUE OFNA TRUGGY BOX. I have an oportunity to buy a Losi 8/8T box basically new for "extra" cheap :sneaky: What I need to know is are the pegs adjustable to work with other vehicles besides the Losi's that it was intended for?

blktransam 10-17-2009 01:40 PM

very counterdicting thread....

first line says you do not want to buy a starter box...then you say you can buy a box dirt cheap....

way to go....

if you have 2 thats work perfect already why buy another one?

rageworks 10-17-2009 01:54 PM

Damn Ryan, Ha!Ha!Ha! Don't be jumpin on the train.
Yes coaltrain, you will be able to adjust it to fit
different cars.

blktransam 10-17-2009 01:58 PM

sorry just the whole thread made no sense...

coaltrain 10-17-2009 02:14 PM

Not CONTRADICTING at all, just as I typed it. I do not NEED a starter box I just wanted to know if the Losi 8/8T box could be adjusted to work with other cars. Nothing to really make sense of. The reason I worded it like I did is because everytime someone asks a question about a starter box there end up being 25 posts that say nothing more than "buy the blue Ofna Truggy box".

If you really want to make sense of it I'll explain it further. Girl buys dirtbag boyfriend r/c stuff, dirtbag bf cheats, girl offers me a new Losi box for $20.00. Now as you noted I dont NEED a starter box...BUT...if I can get one for $20.00 that will work with both of my vehicles and is newer than the 2 I currently have...well, now you know.

Jon Moore 10-17-2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by coaltrain (Post 6485171)
I didnt want to start another thread about starter boxes but I have searched and can not find an answer. First off I do not need a starter box, I have 2 that work perfectly fine for my D8 and D8T, so please do recommend the BLUE OFNA TRUGGY BOX. I have an oportunity to buy a Losi 8/8T box basically new for "extra" cheap :sneaky: What I need to know is are the pegs adjustable to work with other vehicles besides the Losi's that it was intended for?

Ok! Get the Blue OFNA Truggy BOX!!

Zerodefect 10-17-2009 02:25 PM

7955!

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

I've used the truggy box with the RC8 and the Xray 809. Worked fine. Even though I had to set it crooked for the 809 because the engine is in crooked on a 809, it works great.

Just needs a Zippy 4cell 5000mah battery and a deans connector.

coaltrain 10-17-2009 02:29 PM

LOL.... I wondered if anyone would notice that, I didnt see it until after I posted it and didnt have a chance to edit the post because my son decided to paint the dog with Flo-Red Faskolor.

Frank L 10-17-2009 02:52 PM

If you are talking about the old losi box that came with 2 540 size engines and has been crowned the worst starter box on the planet then no it does not have adj pegs and will only work with the losi 8 car. Unless you add your own pegs and mod the top. My advice is even if they are giving the losi box away don't get it. Headache and poor performance will def follow. (and I used one for a whole year)

ohh ya I almost forgot +2 on 7955 :cool:

coaltrain 10-17-2009 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6485599)
If you are talking about the old losi box that came with 2 540 size engines and has been crowned the worst starter box on the planet then no it does not have adj pegs and will only work with the losi 8 car. Unless you add your own pegs and mod the top. My advice is even if they are giving the losi box away don't get it. Headache and poor performance will def follow. (and I used one for a whole year)

ohh ya I almost forgot +2 on 7955 :cool:

Thats the one...:lol:

Joey Platinum 10-17-2009 06:52 PM

Buy the blue OFNA TRUGGY box and post pix of the gf on here, I know how she can make $ 20 and get even with the bf.Just kidding LOL. Man a bargain is only a bargain if you need it!Life lesson #711.