R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man I had no idea that picco had such a big following. I havent seen a picco engine at my local tracks here in CA for over a year. Its all OS, Nova and a little Werks. I am sure there are a fee Go's and others mixed in there but I cant say I have seen a Picco in awhile.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Man I had no idea that picco had such a big following. I havent seen a picco engine at my local tracks here in CA for over a year. Its all OS, Nova and a little Werks. I am sure there are a fee Go's and others mixed in there but I cant say I have seen a Picco in awhile.
I ran the Orion CRF part of this summer witch is Picco made. Its was the fastest engine Ive ever ran. Bottom, mid, top, it had it all. Really reliable too. Definitely faster than the +4 I run now. Fuel mileage is a different story

Scott U.

Last edited by RacerScott; 10-25-2009 at 09:07 AM.
RacerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:

So your seeing what were talkin about now eh Frank....were not just talkin out or a** like some like to think....Picco's are everything we make them out to be and More.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #19
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The new Jammin JPX .21 plus is an insane Mill right out of the box ( Picco ) for those of you who have never tried one at right around $200 it is surely a beast!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
Tech Master

Hi.

What plugs do you use in your Orion, LRP, Nosram, Jamin (Picco Evo 2, right?)?
I miss you Amy...
Lille-bror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerScott View Post
I ran the Orion CRF part of this summer witch is Picco made. Its was the fastest engine Ive ever ran. Bottom, mid, top, it had it all. Really reliable too. Definitely faster than the +4 I run now. Fuel mileage is a different story
My friend ran 2 of these motors this year and they where junk as far as I am concerned. Out of the entire year he maby had 3 weekends he wasn't chasing a tune or dealing with flame out. Fuel Milage was a JOKE. He was always pitting at 7 min with almost nothing in the tank. Not to mention about 1.5 gallons after break in he cracked a piston in one of them. All I am gona say is if you want to stay with a low buck mill the new Werks B5 is probobly the best thing out there right now. But if you can spare the cash go with a +4, RB Killer 9, OS V-spec or Ninja JX. You wont be sorry you did. Those are all mid price engines that with care will last a LONG time and have great useable power added to great run times and easy tuning.

The only thing I can say for the orion CRF is that when it ran well it had alot of power. But thats all I can say and it was a rare sight.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdcameolsx View Post
My friend ran 2 of these motors this year and they where junk as far as I am concerned. Out of the entire year he maby had 3 weekends he wasn't chasing a tune or dealing with flame out. Fuel Milage was a JOKE. He was always pitting at 7 min with almost nothing in the tank. Not to mention about 1.5 gallons after break in he cracked a piston in one of them. All I am gona say is if you want to stay with a low buck mill the new Werks B5 is probobly the best thing out there right now. But if you can spare the cash go with a +4, RB Killer 9, OS V-spec or Ninja JX. You wont be sorry you did. Those are all mid price engines that with care will last a LONG time and have great useable power added to great run times and easy tuning.

The only thing I can say for the orion CRF is that when it ran well it had alot of power. But thats all I can say and it was a rare sight.
We have no issues with Picco's like your describing, and we've been running them for years........ However we also have experience with Picco and know a few little tricks that your friend likely doesn't know....Your friends issues are from lack of experience, not from them being a faulty engine......
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
We have no issues with Picco's like your describing, and we've been running them for years........ However we also have experience with Picco and know a few little tricks that your friend likely doesn't know....Your friends issues are from lack of experience, not from them being a faulty engine......
+1

Team Associated B4.1 reedy 8.5, R10 Pro
Team Associated T4.1 OHP 17.5, Tekin RS
Team Associated B44.1 reedy 6.5, R10 Pro
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdcameolsx View Post

To bad for him, mine was always dialed. I always pitted at 7:30-8:30, I hardly even touched the needles, never flamed out, never gave me one problem...

Scott U.
RacerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #25
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
So your seeing what were talkin about now eh Frank....were not just talkin out or a** like some like to think....Picco's are everything we make them out to be and More.
No integra it's me talking out of my ass haha like usual. I still like my os engines I have never had an engine tune so easy and run well even if he tune is off
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
No integra it's me talking out of my ass haha like usual. I still like my os engines I have never had an engine tune so easy and run well even if he tune is off
OS engines are awesome... Integra runs one of my modified V-Specs in buggy and does very well with it...Its very reliable, tunes easy and is good on fuel, its also extremely smooth and fast...... But we still prefer the feel of the Picco in Truggy, even tho we have the option of several other engines including OS....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote