Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch Shoe ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I have a hard enough time putting 3 shoes and springs on, Are the four shoe set-ups better??? I would probably give it a try if i thought I could actually install them.... BTW I use a sportwerks clutch spring tool and have an rc8 ft with a v-spec speed conv.

Joey,

Take a look at the Impulse-rc 3 shoe set up. It is very close to the stock style setup and uses the the AE springs. Take a look at what the pro AE drivers are using too. The Impulse-rc shoes come in med and hard as a tuning option. If you have any questions feel free to post here or PM me.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I like my 4 shoe losi cluch. I run 2 carbon shoes and 2 6061 (med) alum shoes with 4 green springs. It was very smooth. I might even try 2 green and 2 black to make it a little smoother. Basically the alum shoes grab harder and the carbon shoes are less graby. I started with all 4 alum and 2 green and 2 gold springs and the car would snap like a rubber band berry diffcult to control. In the buggy stick with lighter springs .9 or about that if it's a losi clutch then stick with green, gold or black. Black springs are the lightest and will make the clutch engage sooner, gold are the strongest of those and will make the engine spool up faster before it engages. On the losi system you want to get a set of calipers and measure from shoe to opposite shoe. When the measurement is 23.3 mm or less the shoes are down time to replace. I'll look for the picture it's posted on here somewhere. But that measurement is only for the losi syle clutch. I hope that helps
Thanks guys. All this info is helpful. I do have a losi buggy with the losi bell and clutch set up. I have some new dynamite shoes and carbon shoes I just got a week or two ago. Before reading all the feed back my plan was just to follow the set up the buggy came with. Two alum and two carbon.

So far I think my buggy is dog off the line. I have no fear of making it to fast. Take this with a grain of salt because I have a used Ofna hyper 21 motor and my engine tuning skills still need some work to say the least. I've been running electric oval a long time. I don't like the lag time with nitro. I miss the instant rip from electric. I'd be thrilled if it was uncontrolable. lol...

Seriously I would like the car to accellerate harder. Not necessary in a violent way but I could use more of snap over the jumps with short acceleration zones.

Mid to full throttle the car accelerates well. It is just flat from idle to mid. I would love more snap when just blipping the throttle.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

i use gold on the alum and green and has prently of power off the line i use a nova .21 nf,also lean your low end out and make sure your idle is high enough
if u want maxuim punch u can use silver on the alum and gold on the carbon
i might be hard to drive i know from expercince ,and the gold on the carbon wont last long just saying
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Prophet

if u want a easy to start and tune i would go with the nova .21bf it is a pain though during break in but can use a heat gun
Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hmmm

With the losi I would just put 7075 aluminum shoes with the medium springs. It lasts pretty long and gives good punch. It's not too complicated. You can tune your engine to give more snap as you learn. Ask a friend at the track who knows.....
Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Try the Ascendancy Clutch. I think it will solve all your problems.