R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MBX6R OR LOSI 8IGHTPRO

JUST GOT BACK INTO THE GAME AFTER FOUR YEARS OF BREAK AND I AM LOOKING FOR THE BADDEST BUGGY 1/8 ON MARKET!

WHICH ONE WOULD YA RECOMMEND MBX6 OR LOSI?
mugenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

the best value is the losi rtr package. If I had to start all over that's what I would go for. If you have the bucks I like the xray8082009 spec. But I am running a jammin x2 buggy only because of parts availability and they did not have the losi rtr buggy when I got the jammin. But if I had the cash I myself would get the xray. Losi parts are every where. Just my opinion.
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks man! I have a mbx5r now and a few mp777 sp2 but just need to update. a friend just hooked me up with a losi 2.0 pro whats the diff between the pro and the rtr
mugenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I think he means the roller (or pro kit). The losi is a great car and the mugen is a great car too. At my local track I see more losi's but that does not mean anything. I recently started driving a 2.0 buggy after a year and 1/2 of racing the losi truggys and I love the losi car its fast, handles well and very driver friendly. My first race with the buggy I finished 4th out of 30+ drivers.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmonster View Post
thanks man! I have a mbx5r now and a few mp777 sp2 but just need to update. a friend just hooked me up with a losi 2.0 pro whats the diff between the pro and the rtr

on the losi 1.0 there were small differences in some of the alu parts, I havent seen the 2.0 rtr so dont know if theres much difference between the race roller and the rtr parts wise, i presume the plastics are the same materials wise but again not sure I know the XXXNT rtr used different materials compared to the Drake version for instance.

as for the 2 stated above MBX6 Losi 8 both good platforms both at the top of the tree along with others, depending on budget and whether you need other gear Radio etc the the RTR 2.0 might be the hot ticket if you dont then either of the 8 or 6 will be just what you need, look into spares backup and who drives what at your local track set up help is always good from the "top" drivers in your area.
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
Tech Addict

I would go mbx6 just based on price.I think losi 2.0 should be priced closer to d8.Would like to try the 2.0 but that price hurts.
BeefHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The thing alot of people complain about the Losi, is that the parts wear quick.

The main thing people love about the Losi, is how the car drives better with a little bit of slop.

Make sense to you? Me neither. All-In-All both cars are great. The mugen likes to be driven hard, and the parts last forever. Parts distribution shouldn't be to bad either. The Losi from what I understand is a finesse drivers dream car. The parts wear out relatively quicker, but people say that it drives better with a little slop.

I run an MBX5r for many reason. 1.) new kits hurt my pocket, 2.) It's still competitive. 3.) Instead of buying parts for a new vehicle that will equal $150, I can buy 2 used MBX5R's for $150(F/S/T section this forum, right now go look.)

BOL with your new Losi 2.0 you won't be dissapointed no matter what you go with.

Have fun, hit the gas, and watch for pipes!
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote