R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default Fioroni "Turbo Twin 2007" clutch bog problem?

I'm running a Turbo Twin on a RB WS7, and I've noticed a low end bog, almost like a lsn lean bog. The motor is tuned perfect, it just seems like the clutch is engaging so soon and quick that the motor bogs for a second then takes off. I love the ease and longevity of the clutch and want to continue to use it, but I don't want to spend $30 on different shoes to find out it does the same thing. I've tried 2 shorter springs which are a heavier rate but, although less noticeable it still bogs.

Anyone else experienced and came up with a fix for this problem? Thank you in advance!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
I'm running a Turbo Twin on a RB WS7, and I've noticed a low end bog, almost like a lsn lean bog. The motor is tuned perfect, it just seems like the clutch is engaging so soon and quick that the motor bogs for a second then takes off. I love the ease and longevity of the clutch and want to continue to use it, but I don't want to spend $30 on different shoes to find out it does the same thing. I've tried 2 shorter springs which are a heavier rate but, although less noticeable it still bogs.

Anyone else experienced and came up with a fix for this problem? Thank you in advance!
these clutches have their place and time for use . i have always found the same issue as you are describing to be true with this clutch setup . they work fairly well on 3 ports and such but not on 7 ports they work very well on loose tracks with low grip on 5 ports or less for the most part .
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default fioroni

I have 4 of these clutch set ups. I have found the best fioroni clutch shoe set up for me is the 70/30 split with 1 standard/1 hard on the 70% side and 1 hard on 30% side with carbon shoes. You will still feel a slight bog off bottom using a .21 engine with a weak bottom.
tristyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristyn View Post
I have 4 of these clutch set ups. I have found the best fioroni clutch shoe set up for me is the 70/30 split with 1 standard/1 hard on the 70% side and 1 hard on 30% side with carbon shoes. You will still feel a slight bog off bottom using a .21 engine with a weak bottom.
talk about long lasting clutch bell bearings though , yes the carbon (black) shoes are the hardest grabbing , the teflon (white) shoes have a great feel of engagement
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 10-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
talk about long lasting clutch bell bearings though , yes the carbon (black) shoes are the hardest grabbing , the teflon (white) shoes have a great feel of engagement
Thank you for responding and I couldn't agree with you more! The longevity of everything makes it hard not to like!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Thank you for responding and I couldn't agree with you more! The longevity of everything makes it hard not to like!
i used to run these clutches for a few years , still got two setups , want em . cheap
Old 10-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
i used to run these clutches for a few years , still got two setups , want em . cheap
No, but thank you anyway!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

its probably allready been said but you should be running all hard springs on that clutch and that motor ...they are awesome on clutch life ...but as ssaid the trade off is the real snap that you need ....

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have noticed this problem as well...low end bog

I tried cutting the springs to get a later engagement...very little difference

i tried removing some surface area of the clutch shoes...again little difference

does anyone know why this is the case for this clutch set-up...i do know that the clutch shoes are almost the same dia as the clutch bell itself, which would engage quicker no matter what spring tension you use
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm not having it, but I use the "blue glass "shoes. wonder if that could make a diff?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...h--Clutch-Shim
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
I have noticed this problem as well...low end bog

I tried cutting the springs to get a later engagement...very little difference

i tried removing some surface area of the clutch shoes...again little difference

does anyone know why this is the case for this clutch set-up...i do know that the clutch shoes are almost the same dia as the clutch bell itself, which would engage quicker no matter what spring tension you use
Iv done every thing you have said and seem to fix it for maybe a weekend or 2
I use the teflon and carbon shoes and i keep seeing them deform a little over time and kind of wedge in the flywheel and with the extra drag plus the engine trying to keep them going outward the springs just arent strong enough to pull them back.I try to look at them and make sure the clutch will slide free in the flywheel. but i do think that a ws7 needs more stall then you can get from these clutch's
axle is offline   Reply With Quote