R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd happily join and pay for this, if the "pro" driver is an international caliber, with teaching skills.

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #32
Tech Elite

I would not pay for that information. Why, because its free info that any pro will be willing to talk if you ask. Catch them at the track during practice and they will bend over backwards to explain things too you.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
I would not pay for that information. Why, because its free info that any pro will be willing to talk if you ask. Catch them at the track during practice and they will bend over backwards to explain things too you.
but not for a full day in a row, and fully "dedicated" to their audience. This is a workshop format that's suggested here.

Same as taking a skiing class for a day vs. asking a guy that you see on the slopes skiing well, stopping him while he's going downhill, and asking him "hi can you give me some pointers about my weight balance". Two different approaches (and results).

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'd pay $25 for it, as long as I get some lunch. When you go ask a pro while they are practicing they can only give you so much time because they got there own stuff to do. With a day like this the can devote more time, but i guess it also depends on how many people show up too.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
but not for a full day in a row, and fully "dedicated" to their audience. This is a workshop format that's suggested here.

Same as taking a skiing class for a day vs. asking a guy that you see on the slopes skiing well, stopping him while he's going downhill, and asking him "hi can you give me some pointers about my weight balance". Two different approaches (and results).

Paul
Exactly.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Token

I dont know where you live but we dont see pro drivers unless we go to a big race.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #37
Tech Regular

We are lucky where I race.Most of the pro's are very willing to give advice.Guys like Billy Easton,Jason Rouna,Ryan Eckert,Leon Macintosh,Tony Brown,Steve Sykulski,Kevin Bell,Mike Jones,Gene Hickerson,Ryan Lopez,Joey Perez,Tony Pattishall,Kawri Brown and JJ Turk are all very approachable and helpfull on and off the track.They'll help any way they can.These are the kind of guys that make racing fun on the East coast....I probably would pay for their advice.Lucky for me they give it freely. A very big thanks to all these guys.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

^^^ FSORS(Florida State Off Road Series) finest right there, I am still driving Kawri Browns MBX5r, the led sled as I call it, but it still works!
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #39
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would pay. All other sports/hobbies have training camps and classes, why not RC? Yeah, you can go ask a pro a question, but they are not thinking about your car all day; they have other things going on. It would be great to have a pro go through your car and show you all the little tricks. Then hit the track and learn about driving style, setups, tuning and many other things.
ckimble1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Default classes

I think it would Great I have been to a couple motocross camps had a ball and learned some and some people really got faster in just one weekend and for the people that don't travel to the big race's its cool to see first hand the speed of the fastest guys in the country zip around the track I would be in for a good RC race camp. Mark,
AK-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99problems View Post
HELL NO I wouldnt pay anything for drivers lessions from YOU!!! Big PUDDIN what going on it's KB from Dallas/ San Diego. Come race in my back yard I can show you a thing or TWO.
KB I'm seriously in envy of your track. When are you gonna make it back out here to play with us at Indy. (JCG is closed now... )

Brad
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
^^^ FSORS(Florida State Off Road Series) finest right there, I am still driving Kawri Browns MBX5r, the led sled as I call it, but it still works!
Kawri is one of the coolest guys I know.Bar none.....Got his back anytime.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 AM   #43
Tech Champion

Any time I am racing, I will quit wrenching for anyone I come across that needs some help, sponsor related or not.

I have a wife and two sons to think about at home, but will answer an email or two, or go on forums when time allows.

The satisfaction I get from helping someone out is the same, if not better than doing well in my own racing

I don't claim to have all the answers in the 15 years of racing, but I won't ignore anyone who asks for help, unless they have done something to deserve that kind of treatment.

I can't watch a newcomer try and race their car with a servo that isnt centred, or the car is looking like it could use some time on it.

I've also learnt that there is only so much information anyone can learn at one point, give out too much at once and it doesnt always get fully remembered.

I would never ask for payment for help, especially from someone new to the hobby.

If you're with someone for a full day though, it is more than a quick fix thing and I dont think anyone could be expected to do that for free.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #44
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
I'd happily join and pay for this, if the "pro" driver is an international caliber, with teaching skills.

Paul

I agree.

I would gladly pay if I could gain some info. I have never gotten any good help from a pro. Most of them have looked at my car and within ten seconds told me a change to make and that was it. I have always thought that each manufacturer should have their drivers do this. Make it vehicle specific would be ideal.
JASracer is offline   Reply With Quote