R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDIN View Post
Ok I guess What I was trying to say is if we had a club race and before that club race let's say Adam Drake was there and had a seminar on all areas of racing and then have a race would you pay 40.00 dollars for the day. Starts at 10am til 3 or 4 then we race.
Thats a great idea Puddin!

Even having a Pro there for Q&A would be a huge help to most everyone.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

While I am not sure If I would pay for pro tips, I am not opposed to the idea. I have been at many races recently with some top pros, and while they are very helpful, sometimes Joe Racer may feel like he doesnt wanna bother The Drake to take a look at his shocks. It would be nice if some Pros just took the weekend off from the race held by their big time sponsor and just hung out and helped people. I know this may be less than ideal, cause who can be at the track and just not race. My addiction wouldnt let that happen..
Adim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm not so sure I'd be into a group seminar type ordeal. But one on one, I would seriously consider payin a day for.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #19
Tech Regular

If it was a one on one deal I'd pay but with the group seminar prob not cuz u may not get to pick the pros brain as much as you'd like n he may not be able to give you tips on setting up your car to your driving style. But the one thing I can say is if your new or even have experience n u get a chance to be at a race wit some of the big guns don't be afraid to approach em when u see em standin around or jus hangin out. I raced at the horizon shootout jus a few weeks back n I had the best time ever. N alot of it had to do with how helpful Drake, Truhe, n Fischer were. Them guys helped out everyone as much as they could on there down time.
MFigueroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have pros at my track and for $0 they will tell me Either: you are driving too hard, slow down or you are going too slow, speed up.
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #21
Tech Adept

HELL NO I wouldnt pay anything for drivers lessions from YOU!!! Big PUDDIN what going on it's KB from Dallas/ San Diego. Come race in my back yard I can show you a thing or TWO.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
And if I'm not mistaken you received some help from us (Chris Vierra) at ARC no?
He sure did and it was much appreciated. I didnt know who you guys were at the time but you helped my buddy out so I started asking some questions. Good guys over there for sure.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #23
Tech Regular

hey madweazl I have 5 bucks and 3 chocolate chip cookies in it for you if the next time you see Jimmy Wright(racecrafter), you give him a super atomic wedgie for me.

'Tis all.
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think the sponsors should hold seminar type events. Have all their drivers there showing the tips of the trade. No charge needed, as the sponsors would be hoping to make revenue from the items sold because of the seminar.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
hey madweazl I have 5 bucks and 3 chocolate chip cookies in it for you if the next time you see Jimmy Wright(racecrafter), you give him a super atomic wedgie for me.

'Tis all.
The only one I know by name/face is Chris. I do love me some chocolate chip cookies...
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can have Pro's teach you all you want, but at the end of the day they can only help you understand the concepts. The practical side is up to you, YOU need to go out and experiment with that knowledge because everyone drives differently.

I've asked Pro's for advice before and have done the work myself. I can tell you now that I try to race most Sunday's, plus get out to the track at least once a week for a practice run to trial set ups. Since doing this I've become a world faster, first hand experience offers much more than someone pulling the strings for you.

Of course it's good to have the big guns racing with you as you can follow their lines and stuff though.

Cheers
anf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
Tech Addict

What's up Big Fella!!!!!!! Miss ya out here in the big D. I made the switch to Losi this year. I saw that Coverage I was jealous. You need to teach me some skills. You where dialed in Miami you know what I mean lol.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

WOW! You guys make me feel bad for paying some top Pro road racers (Nick Ianatch, Kent Kunitsugu & Lance Holst) to teach me and 17 others how to go fast at Willow Springs.

Those bastards only helped me shave 3 seconds off my laps out there, gave me more confidence, fed me lunch and gave me a full day of track time!!

DAAAAAANNNGG IT!!!

I feel,

I feel,

I feel so...... so.... much faster!!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
Tech Addict

I am with you I have been around a few and every time I learn something new. I just want to drive one of there personal cars At my home track on the clock against my setup and just see if I am faster because there car is so dialed or I just suck. Lol I would for sure pay for that.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would do it. I would say a PRO is going to give those tips and fundamentals that many of us miss.

Every BIG race that I attend w Pro's around I am able to take in so much from just watching them, so I could only Imagine a 1 on 1.
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote