Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Send a message via MSN to samyip Send a message via Yahoo to samyip

Thanks for your opinion guys!!
samyip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
I thought you were all upgraded to B spec? You have the bigbores, have you done the steering mod yet.
Yeah basically a b spec with King headz and M2C etc. lipo un reg, FT shock towers,Ceramics ,etc.... but not one part from an rc8b..... my big bores are from before the rc8b I think they are from a rc8 truggy.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
Yeah basically a b spec with King headz and M2C etc. lipo un reg, FT shock towers,Ceramics ,etc.... but not one part from an rc8b..... my big bores are from before the rc8b I think they are from a rc8 truggy.
your buggy still lacks the steering mod and the shock towers. other than that it's close!
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Well he asked for opinions. Mines going to be negative. Sorry. I had too many issues with the car. Since the RC8 hit the market we have new kits from Mugen, Xray, and Hotbodies that I feel are more advanced and a better buy. I don't think they changed enough.....and I miss the carbon towers.

It was a great kit, but I think there's better options now.

I put the washers and the service pack on. My RC8 still would manage to push out its pins. On time I had the screw wore off where the pin was rubbing and out it came (prior to washers, but still). Another time during a minor wreck (by 1/8th scale standards anyway) my pin came right around its retainer. Seems there is enough flex to let those pins out. I think M2c or someone makes threaded hingpins for the RC8?

Other than that the car drives fine. But I did want something with its weight further forward.
wasn't the rc8 rtr your first 1/8 scale? just answer yes or no!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyram View Post
wasn't the rc8 rtr your first 1/8 scale? just answer yes or no!
No.
I've had:

Ofna Speed Lx or something or another. (Crap)

Ofna Speed 9.5 "Worlds edition" (Not bad, still useing it as spare parts!)

RC8rtr that eventually became a FT without the shocktowers. (first competitive racer for me, sold it as a roller for $180)

Xray 808 (sold it at the cost I paid for it + a little extra, before it got more than 3 hours track time! Old timer at track during practice that apparently can't build cars too well and has too much money )

Xray 809 (awesome, never going back to less)

My final opinion is it gets the job done, but there are newer desighns that have eclipsed it. It was alot more impressive 2 years ago. Mugen Mspec, Hotbodies D8, are better buys.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
No.
I've had:

RC8rtr that eventually became a FT without the shocktowers. (first competitive racer for me, sold it as a roller for $180)

Xray 808 (sold it at the cost I paid for it + a little extra, before it got more than 3 hours track time! Old timer at track during practice that apparently can't build cars too well and has too much money )

My final opinion is it gets the job done, but there are newer desighns that have eclipsed it. It was alot more impressive 2 years ago. Mugen Mspec, Hotbodies D8, are better buys.
Sorry, but I just can't agree with your statements. I just came back from SIC race that virtually everybody broke something. I ran the whole weekend with no chassis issues at all. I broke (like cracked the case) a throttle servo in the A main 27 minutes in and only 3 go. The car was flawless and has been since I got the new B car. It is totally different and unless you run on, you just do not know. I questioned my decision once I saw some of my friends getting Mugens while I had the B buggy on order. Once I got the buggy, it has just been awesome. I have not had tank issues (Mugen), shock tower issues LOSI, rear end and shock tower issues (Hot Bodies) and I get a TON of support from the AE drivers.

I am NOT bashing the other brands, in fact I really like the Mugens, but I am try to prove a point. The new shock towers are not just aluminum, the geometry is new and perfect (it was tested for months to find the right combination), hinge pin blocks are just like M2C's and are indestructable, the hinge pins themsleves are beefed, the shock shafts a stronger, the arms are redesigned and I have not broken 1 yet in 5 months. I have never had a ring/pinion go bad, never had a outer hinge pin come out either so that is not an issue if you put a 1 cent washer on.

I just love everyone that bashes a car that they do not have?? How does anyone explain all the races AE has won this year in the US and abroad. It must be ok I guess??? Granted, they have great drivers, but when I see every team driver running their cars stock with the addition of the FT hubs and it wins everywhere, I just can see the logic is some of the opinions here, but they are opinions and I guess this is mine. I am ordering another B in a month or so because I have raced the hell out mine.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #22
Tech Prophet

its the team drivers that win and there driving not the buggy,i like the new rc8b even tough i run a losi eight,is was gone to get the rc8b but i found the eight on a really good deal,them team guys can drive a crap handling buggy and win
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
its the team drivers that win and there driving not the buggy,i like the new rc8b even tough i run a losi eight,is was gone to get the rc8b but i found the eight on a really good deal,them team guys can drive a crap handling buggy and win
That comment is absolute BS. Yea, they are good drivers, but so is every other driver in the A of a national race. The car plays alot more into what place you end up at that level. Like it or not, the B is a whole new car. The problems from before were all fixed in the new car. then again, if it wasnt for a glow plug going bad, this car would be the World champ.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #24
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
That comment is absolute BS. Yea, they are good drivers, but so is every other driver in the A of a national race. The car plays alot more into what place you end up at that level. Like it or not, the B is a whole new car. The problems from before were all fixed in the new car. then again, if it wasnt for a glow plug going bad, this car would be the World champ.
+2 on that!

That plug killed the Worlds for us!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
No.
I've had:

haha... i knew you couldn't give a simple yes or no answer!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #26
Tech Elite

TallyDuramax: Have you tried JP's TAG body spray yet.

I wonder if it'll reduce friction on the shock bushings, wheelbase bushings, rod ends, etc.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #27
Tech Regular

not yet. maybe i'll try it tomorrow. gotta try it on my tires first!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #28
Tech Addict

ZD gave me the body from his lx. and you guys can fight over which car is better over the internet but the Fleetwood is rollin tomorrow at Tom Brown and if you can catch it you can have it.Start running the Jeremy monday in Atlanta.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote