R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to kodiakbear7070

In one way I guess you could say I have been patient also I've been piecing everything together since june all new parts nothing used. As you all can tell I'm way more rookie then a rookie if that makes any since I do plan on trying a weekend race or two and no matter what place or final position I just want to go out there and have fun. I've just seen the disapointment on some of there faces witch who wouldnt be. I posted this to find out if everyone is serious about everyone and still as friendley as I have already met and there is alot out there that comes from all walks of life but all seem to be on the same playing field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
Kodiakbear, you have some hardcore equipment for a basher. Lots of people who race don't have gear like you. That's cool!

Anyways, I am a racer and my friends can tell you that I am a very patient guy. Probably one of the most patient guys you will ever meet. However, racing can get under my skin occasionally because things go wrong and your car doesn't run the way it should during a qualifier or main. After spending all week going over your car and making adjustments/replacing worn parts, you expect a car that is dialed. Then you go to the track and get your a$$ handed to you cause your car isn't running right. That is quite fustrating and when I walk off the stand it takes every bit of my being not to throw my radio. (keep in mind I am very patient)

I vow to sell all my gear and get out of the hobby. The next morning I am back in my trailer working on my car getting it ready for the next weekend. The fustration passes quickly and the excitment of winning a race sets in. I like most people got started with bashing, but I just got bored with running back and forth with no way to measure any improvement in my skills. Also, going to the track and hanging out with a bunch of people that love what you love is great. So, like everything, racing has it rewards and penalities, but all in all I think it is great.

I am curious, have you ever tried racing? If so, as a basher, what was your reaction to the competition? If not, your gear is definitely race worthy, find a track and give it a try and let us know what you think.
kodiakbear7070 is offline   Reply With Quote