R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
What can I say that hasnt been said already?

We all have good days and bad days racing, if the bad outnumber the good you're bound to be feeling rathe flat about going to your next race meeting.

Ive been in the hobby for 15 years and had a year or so gap in there somewhere, considered quitting or changing car at times through the bad times, but i'm still here, still racing sedan

You need a good group of people around you when racing, or you will very quickly loose all mojo for the hobby. Winning, or doing well isn't enough for this hobby to keep most of us with it.

Focus on the good things that come out of your racing and your attitude to it will flourish.

Getting caught up in the bad side of it, wether it be smack, or poor marshalling/racing incidents by others only turns you into a negatively minded person, which in turn will affect your vision on racing. (And probably your results as well).

When the going is not so good for me, i'll take a deep breath, talk with the good guys around me and focus on making sure the car is in good condition.

Ranting and raving about the bad stuff isn't going to get you far, but focusing on what you can change as an individual will.

I've learnt to ignore or stay away from the people who talk smack, and let other good people who you race with know who wants to try and make your blood boil, so they can stay clear of them too.

Bad reputation soon spreads, as long as the facts are there to a given situation. Sometimes it gets sorted out, sometimes it doesnt.

We're all in it for a good time, right?
Funny, because on my bad days i don't even know why i have a car and on days where i don't let stupid stuff bother me, i usually wish we were racing the next day and the next and the next...
My results have never been a cause for any bitter taste, usually it's the way i get treated on the track that affect my fun meter.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #47
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbelden View Post
Funny, because on my bad days i don't even know why i have a car and on days where i don't let stupid stuff bother me, i usually wish we were racing the next day and the next and the next...
My results have never been a cause for any bitter taste, usually it's the way i get treated on the track that affect my fun meter.
It is all about how you focus on a problem and how to get the answer I guess.

It gets frustrating yes when you have a problem, but nothing a quick cigarette or a few deep breaths/chat with a friend cant sort out.

A bad result through your own fault is just unlucky, when there is a racing incident, we all have our take on who was or was not playing the game right.

I used to go into sulk mode in my younger years when I had a bad day, but realised in time that did nothing to correct what was wrong in the first place - bite your tongue and keep at it

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #48
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

this is a funny thread it should be the thing I love to hate about racing
like when you forget to tighten that wheel nut and your tire comes off
at the start of the main you forgot to reattach the throttle linkage or put
fuel in you car you crashed in a pile and the marshall flips your car last
it all makes us a little nutty but it's funny as hell
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hackers.
Hackers are what drive me nuts.
Since I moved to Pro its fixed it though.
It was the biggest incentive to move to Pro, so the hackomatic drivers would not be there.
Nothing drives me nuts more than driving a great race, just to be blatantly hacked and lose 3/4 of a lap.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
Hackers.
Hackers are what drive me nuts.
Since I moved to Pro its fixed it though.
It was the biggest incentive to move to Pro, so the hackomatic drivers would not be there.
Nothing drives me nuts more than driving a great race, just to be blatantly hacked and lose 3/4 of a lap.
Im expert/intermediate but like to run in pro style races because I can run fast laps without stopping. When your with a bunch of people who just started racing
it can get ugly, and they will attempt to crash you, because you are on the lead
lap. Some people are just sore losers, and dont like to get beat.

I just run my line and try to keep up the best I can, and if I get beat so what.

Alot of people dont mind getting on the track with me because of this.
Elite/East Power/GP batteries/Futaba 3PM 2.4GHZ
electricguy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #51
Tech Elite

I hate sitting through 4 classes of 2wd 1/10th electric and trying not to fall asleep waiting for the 1/8ths to hit the track.

Deos anyone actually go to the track and see what classes are being run anymore before buying a car? For example if they're are a ton of 1/10th E trucks and hardly any 1/10th E buggies, why would you buy a buggy.

It would be nice to cut down on the # of classes whenever possible.

I also hate it when they make a class for every variety of motor out there. "So that they can include everyone." The racings so much better the more drivers you have in the same class. Switching motors isn't that big of a deal.

I applaud the tracks that man up and just set the E classes to "open" or choose a suitable motor (17.5, 13.5).

Also why do newbies even bother asking for advice if they aren't listeniing anyway. Example: " What servo should I get?" 90% of the replies are Hitec 79XX and they go and get a stinky JR or Ace, that blows up 4 races later.

I'm so happy we have a gripe thread........ I feel better now.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Try racing onraod, get hacked once and break your car no fun at all. Atleast offroad 1/8 you can get hacked and still have the rest of the race to hack back.
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Our race announcer basically always announces when a lead lap car is coming through. He addresses the lapper by name and lets them know that a car that's a lap up is passing them, gives the name of the lead lad car, car colour, etc. and tells them to move over for him. Hacking rarely goes unnoticed.

I remember one of my first races I moved over to let a guy on a TQ run by, but I hit a rut and it popped me back in his path and he hit me and it killed his TQ run. I knew it was not technically my fault, but I still felt awful. He was upset and said(Not to my face) how I got in his way after the qualifier. He ended up TQing in a later qaul and winning the A-main; he's a nice guy but I still can't help but think he's a little bitch.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #54
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Racing

First lets see how many of you racers pay a houes,car,motor-cycle,light,water, any bills with your tq's and winnings, This is a hobby and should be about having fun. If you are so good at this hobby and don't like the new guy or kids to get in your way or hit your car you should just race BIG races only and quit going to a local track. Im new at this stuff and run local races only no BIG events. More than likely im going to be in some ones way and hit some ones car and some one is going to be in my way and hit my car. I am not sorry im having fun. Doing this hobby keeps me from killing someone during the week at work. If i was serious i would run Big events were people know how to drive very good. There is now way i will B----h about some one new in this sport or a kid for hitting me or getting in my way The Kids are our future and the new people is what keep this sport going. Just contact A-Main hobbies and all other shops and see if the pros is all they want to do business with. Pros have sponsors that get stuff for free so if it was not for the new guys or kids they would not sell parts or be a hobbyshop. And if it were all pros you probaly would not have a track near you to run at. So please stop talking this crap and start having fun or stop running thes TOY cars.
Mr.xb808 is offline   Reply With Quote