Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Yell and swear at them while waving your arms
Don't forget to rooster them right
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this is just the beginning so deal w/ it lol ,when i start this off-road racing its frustating but you will learn a lot always remember the more you race the more experience ,learn from your mistakes at end (when you reach that certain level)its all about fun................practice that what you need & the right set-up ,forget the lazy marshals
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #18
Tech Elite

I bring a bucket of rotton fruit onto the drivers stand to throw at the marshals and get their attention.

I suck at driving so when I can't pass a newb that crashes off the track every thirty seconds I just stick to their rear bumper and scream "wheeeeeee" on the drivers stand repeatedly.

Eventually they'll crash but I'll usually follow them off the track anyway, it gives me a chance to chase the marshalls. Amazing how far up a mashals leg a truggy can go.

I keep my cars tires soaked with TAG body spray for traction, the fumes burn your eyes so you don't want to hold my car too long as a marshal.

Jumping up and down and swearing like an RC pirate are fun things to do during a qual. For added "dramatic purpose" you can throw your radio off the stand onto the track. Noone deos that too often and it makes a cool statement. Bonus points if you can get it to land with the antenae stuck in the track and scatter your batteries across 3 lanes.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
Tech Regular

I always take a look at who is marshaling where. I always try to only take risks where the fast marshals are. If I know a guy won't get to me in any timely manner then I will go as slow as necessary to avoid using him. I can tell you this approach has gotten me positions when the guys racing with me wreck by the slow guy. Besides, the race after mine always has one slow guy marshalling in it... me. Remember, we slow guys aren't slow for the fun of your frustration, we just do the best we can and even get distracted at times. Sorry about that...
Buzz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
I bring a bucket of rotton fruit onto the drivers stand to throw at the marshals and get their attention.

I suck at driving so when I can't pass a newb that crashes off the track every thirty seconds I just stick to their rear bumper and scream "wheeeeeee" on the drivers stand repeatedly.

Eventually they'll crash but I'll usually follow them off the track anyway, it gives me a chance to chase the marshalls. Amazing how far up a mashals leg a truggy can go.

I keep my cars tires soaked with TAG body spray for traction, the fumes burn your eyes so you don't want to hold my car too long as a marshal.

Jumping up and down and swearing like an RC pirate are fun things to do during a qual. For added "dramatic purpose" you can throw your radio off the stand onto the track. Noone deos that too often and it makes a cool statement. Bonus points if you can get it to land with the antenae stuck in the track and scatter your batteries across 3 lanes.
or have your pit guy shoot at him with a spud gun!! He will pay attention once he gets a orange up across his head!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post

I'm sorry but that's just to funny.

I suck myself, have only been in one race but I know what I was somewhat doin wrong. One day I will get better but time and more racing will help. I almost smoked a TM jumping a jump right at him. I felt bad after it happened but watching his reaction was kind of funny I guess. I crashed so much in that first race it was sad. Most of the guys at our track rev there motors up so someone can hear them. Sometimes it's just hard to watch everything.

Just stay calm and don't get upset at the newbies, you were there once to man. And like someone else said, it's a hobby just try and have fun. It can be hard but try and laugh it off it can help some.
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1011 View Post
Sorry, first post but gotta vent. Been racing for a while and have invested a lot of time and $$$ like most of youall. Im taking it seriously and want to finish good but people that don't pay attention when turn marshaling drive me nuts. Yeah, it's my own fault when I wreck but it's gonna happen, I don't need some guy not paying attention adding another 5-10 seconds to my time because he's not paying attention and let my car just sit there. This happened twice by the same guy in one qualifier.

Also, it pisses me off when guys who are obviously slower than me won't allow a pass in qualifiers and seem to think it' the actual race. Then they wreck you. Nothing happens to these guys, nothing is said, it seems to just be part of the sport where I race. Is is kind of accepted that you aren't racing each other in qualifiers and faster guys are given room to pass?

How do you guys handle it? It really makes me want to say screw this hobby and do something that is at least half way fair. People driving like jackasses and lazy turnmarshalls can dramatically change how well you finish. Again, how do you handle it?
Traffic is racing. Your supposta be racing the clock but it never turns out like that. If you cant deal with traffic and numb nuts on the track get out now cause there everywhere.

Mostly the golden rule will get you by. If a faster guys comes up on you all you can do is hope they dont take you out b4 you have time or space to let them go. If they dont take you out then the next time they come by you will be more willing to let them go a little sooner. You have to do the same to other guys. If you come up on traffic then be patient and wait for a spot to get by or wait for them to crash and then go by. If you slam in the back of them they will not be so nice next time around.

Slower is faster. Most of the time I just wait for them to let me go or crash. I even go so far as to make sure they cant take me out. If that means I have to slow down to there pace or let a slower guy by then so be it. If there running good and I cant get by I ask if they can let me go. And I dont mean 1 or 2 corners. I will give them a lap or two b4 I get vocal, unless im on tq or leading the race then its " tq coming threw" or somthing to that effect.

Its just club racing. Dont matter. Race clean and have fun.

Marrshals? All I can say is return the favor when there on the track.

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what piss's me off is people who constantly mention the time and money they have invested and project an attitude that something is owed to them. We all know what this hobby cost so you are not sharing unknown information.

Also I dislike marshal whining. I have experienced bad marshaling and yes it has affected my finish position. Bottom line is by the time you have a problem the race is already underway. Complaining after the race is not gonna change anything. You have to take it all in RC. The good, the bad and the ugly.

now get on the track and keep it on all fours
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1011 View Post
Yeah, it's my own fault when I wreck but it's gonna happen,
Question answered.

Something else to consider... it can be really frustrating waiting to pass someone that is "holding up" your qualifying run. But at the same time, if someone is truly holding you up, they are presenting a ton of opportunities to make a pass. If they're taking turns a little wide, duck in and go! rubbin is racin!

Also remember that your interpretation of "letting someone by" may not be the same as someone elses. Don't necessarily expect a fellow racer to stop, leave 8 feet of racing lane, and wait till you move 30 feet ahead. They may leave you the inside of a turn and let off slightly from their qualifying pace. To me, that's fair. If I can't take advantage of that courtesy, then I don't deserve it.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Here's a good thing to remember and sometimes I need to be reminded myelf! A bad at the track is still better than a good day at work ?
Sincityrc.com
And a wife who let's me race !
GASMAN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Simple as that.
+10

I dont expect no one just to get out the way........ you need to pass them, regardless of how slow they are
Old 10-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASMAN123 View Post
Here's a good thing to remember and sometimes I need to be reminded myelf! A bad at the track is still better than a good day at work ?
**APPLAUDS**
Old 10-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Regarding the bad turn marshaling. At the end of day everyone car has to deal with it and you did put yourself in that possition. What you could do is politely ask the marshal after the race to maybe pickup the pace alittle bit.

Regarding the lap traffic is this is racing and if you were truly faster you could get by without a problem. If a 1st place guy comes up behind me I give him room to run, but am still going to RACE him. Unless I am at a big event and the first place guy has the race almost wraped up, yes I will pull and let him by. And again everyone has to deal with the same guy.

I wouldn't stop racing because of these things. They are pretty minor things.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #29
Tech Elite

the racing is soooo exciting
Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASMAN123 View Post
Hell yeah, best bit of info on the forum. God dang I hate work.