Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 808. It's got class.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

How did you get a picture of Jason Branhams buggy????
Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Champion

When he wasn't looking I swapped it with a Redcat Cougar "feline edition" with bald sportworx tires.

Then we photographed all of the top secret Xray racing technology and recorded his setup and filled his diffs with ketchup. Then put it back before he noticed.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

thats right I forgot you did all that stuff to his car at SIC.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Both are great handeling. The xray will last longer. Both are expensive. If you wana be different don't go with the losi.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Man I had to catch my breath when I saw that... I thought someone had Jason's car that was stolen a few weeks ago at the RC Pro event in San Antonio.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ruune
Man I had to catch my breath when I saw that... I thought someone had Jason's car that was stolen a few weeks ago at the RC Pro event in San Antonio.
Its crazy what you can find on Eba...............I mean Google images.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Get the Losi 2.0 - Its a proven winner, plenty of support - you can buy a car that "looks" better or one that preforms on the track. Im not talking about one guy comming in 3rd, but look at the big pic - how may Losi are on the podium day in and day out.....................
Old 10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by token
Get the Losi 2.0 - Its a proven winner, plenty of support - you can buy a car that "looks" better or one that preforms on the track. Im not talking about one guy comming in 3rd, but look at the big pic - how may Losi are on the podium day in and day out.....................
Wonder how much those podium spots cost?

I saw Losi's podium at the nationals, and at the worlds. See hundreds of them doing a whole lot worse. A good race team means the car is capable, but it deosn't mean its the best pick for anyone. I'll take the car that'll get me on the podium, I'm not concerned whether the car works well for Truhe and Drake.

Especially when your sponsor gets you a fresh new car for every race.

There's alot more behind those "looks".
Old 10-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Wonder how much those podium spots cost?

I saw Losi's podium at the nationals, and at the worlds. See hundreds of them doing a whole lot worse. A good race team means the car is capable, but it deosn't mean its the best pick for anyone. I'll take the car that'll get me on the podium, I'm not concerned whether the car works well for Truhe and Drake.

Especially when your sponsor gets you a fresh new car for every race.

There's alot more behind those "looks".
You mentioned 2 drivers, Im not just talking about two pro drivers- Im talking about just about every club race in the country. I personlly like the XRAY - not enough to buy one but I do like it. But performance is key...... there are way more Losi's than others out there. Not because everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but becuase it is the best car out............ You guys and say they wear out and this and that, but the fact of the matter is they are very good cars......... plus you can get support for them everywhere, where as XRAY you, need to order everything........................
Old 10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by token
You mentioned 2 drivers, Im not just talking about two pro drivers- Im talking about just about every club race in the country. I personlly like the XRAY - not enough to buy one but I do like it. But performance is key...... there are way more Losi's than others out there. Not because everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but becuase it is the best car out............ You guys and say they wear out and this and that, but the fact of the matter is they are very good cars......... plus you can get support for them everywhere, where as XRAY you, need to order everything........................

Still, my point remains. There is alot good going for the Losi. Popularity and podiums deosn't make it a better car. Just more popular.

To be the best car out there Losi needs:
- to fess up to the servo tray issues and get it resolved.
-Lose the chinese plastic and get some molding machines up and running here in the USSA.
- Copy Xrays direct drive shafts. bigtime lighter and no set screws.
-put the Dx3r in the RTR kits instead of the DX3s.
-ever so slightly better gears. The Kyosho/Odonnel/Mugen/Xray cars do roll better than the AE/Hotbodies/Losi cars.
-carbon fibre shock towers

- and most of all.........a body style that isn't so fishy:

I'd be first in line for one of those, then again it would nearly be an Xray then.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 10-06-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

You mean "which" not witch....

I was expecting to see a flying buggy with a broom for the chassis.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Still, my point remains. There is alot good going for the Losi. Popularity and podiums deosn't make it a better car. Just more popular.

To be the best car out there Losi needs:
- to fess up to the servo tray issues and get it resolved.
-Lose the chinese plastic and get some molding machines up and running here in the USSA.
- Copy Xrays direct drive shafts. bigtime lighter and no set screws.
-put the Dx3r in the RTR kits instead of the DX3s.
-ever so slightly better gears. The Kyosho/Odonnel/Mugen/Xray cars do roll better than the AE/Hotbodies/Losi cars.
-carbon fibre shock towers

- and most of all.........a body style that isn't so fishy:

I'd be first in line for one of those, then again it would nearly be an Xray then.
ohhhh snap. spy photos of the new odonnell truck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.