Wiki Posts
Search

RC pro series final Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
the track got bloooooooooooooooooown out! but everybody raced on the same track so knowbody had an advantage. Wish my engine didn't have so many issues, I could have done much better, but thats racing...
Maybe after 3 years of crappy track they will change the dirt or location. I raced it last year and it was the same thing. It also did not help the Patrick Castleberry was riding his mini dirtbike on the track. Check the video on youtube

LOL
Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by janderson78
Maybe after 3 years of crappy track they will change the dirt or location. I raced it last year and it was the same thing. It also did not help the Patrick Castleberry was riding his mini dirtbike on the track. Check the video on youtube

LOL
yea! the truggys were still tossed around like rag dolls, I will admit that they busted there butts for hours every night trying to repair it. I was so blown out that it made for difficult racing. I'm not a fan of racing the track, I prefer to race the other racers. I hope that they can figure out a way to get that track to pack. On a bright note, I didn't have any tire ware the entire weekend.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anywhere we can see the results from all classes?
Nevermind, found it. What happened with the Ninja Doug?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by USP45
Anywhere we can see the results from all classes?
Nevermind, found it. What happened with the Ninja Doug?
my bearing was bad (not sure wich one), not leaking but notchy. didn't find it until I took the glow plug out, then I could feel it. Din't loose tune or fry plugs, it would only flame out on hard landings after the tripple. I first thought of chassis flex hitting the clutch bell, but no marks on the chasses.

I ran 100% rebound and was shocked I didn't blow a seal. If I run this race next year, I just might get a truggy, buggy wasn't fun on the rough track.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran it last year, I wasn't a fan of the race surface then either. but that dirt is meant for rodeo riding, and the owner of the Diamond arena wouldn't even think about changing the dirt. Like I said last year, the dirt is great for 8 second runs only, not 5 days worth of Rc racing.

I had a great run of it even with the surface last year, If you manage to tackel that surface, YOU CAN RUN ANYWHERE! I ran hole shots, and was able to run the whole week with 1 set, that's one of the good things about that track, especially because I'm a cheap skate.

Doug, If I were there, I would have liked to shake your hand, I mean your good hand!LOL
Old 11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hard packed clay is probably not something a bull rider wants to fall on.

There are a few indoor mx tracks around the country why don't they work with them.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

The track was ruff. It's called offroad racing. Don't see the big deal. Awesome race had a great time
Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rough track

Why do people piss and moan about rough tracks? Is is not off road racing? Maybe we should start a rally racing segment for all the clay people. Nobody bitches about blown out tracks in motocross or short course racing. It's just the nature of the beast.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ConciliumDesign
Why do people piss and moan about rough tracks? Is is not off road racing?
It's called gas reflux and if they didn't piss and moan they would just blow up. Trust me, it's not a pretty sight and can almost always be found around poor marshals.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just want to clarify that I was not there but I do know the type of dirt they have in these arenas and racers should not expect the same type of surface they are used to with a dedicated offroad track.

Actually I like it when tracks change during the race. It forces you to adapt quickly. It was interesting to see how the lap times of the pro drivers went up by only a 3 or 4 seconds but the intermediate drivers lap times went up by a lot.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RC PRO

It was a great event! The track crew worked there but off every night and kept the track moist all week long.
Tire wear ZERO! It is a great venue to host this event in, the people that own it are awesome!.
The track did get rough but considering it was built Monday and had a million laps run on it!; it did hold up well. Better than alot we have been too!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes the track got rough but it is off-road racing. The track was better than last years. Thanks to all the guys who did the track work everynight.

If you want a perfect track then go race on-road you cry babies.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

THIS WAS THE TALK OF THE WEEKEND!!!LMAO
Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

I know that I was very impressed by Denver Houghton (spelling?), having an almost two lap lead in the int truggy main was great, but he blew a rear pinion and dropped out. I felt very sad for him, he's a good kid and great parents. I know we will hear more of his name in the future.

btw, I don't think he was sandbagging. I understand that he hasn't been racing for long.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Yea that was crap. They where calling him the sandbagger all weekend. They forget he is only a 13 year old kid I am glad they stopped because he said it was bothering him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.