Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Losi love...

NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler1 View Post
I'd like to thank all of ya'll for all the nice comments about Denver. It is very much apperciated.

Denvers Dad
(Philip)
Well, one thing is for sure if everyone is talk'n about him then he's doing pretty good. I raced against Denver last year and finished in front of him somewhere. I bumped up to open this year and finished 3rd in the North region. Now I'm bumping up to Pro, actually I don't have a choice, I have to race pro next year, but it's nothing to be afraid of. I'm actually excited to race at the top level!
Trust me when I bumped to open it didn't even seem like I was racing faster guys. I noticed that all the guys that denver was mixing it up with last year in intermediate bumped to Open this year. And guess what, they were also running at the top of Open as well.
I guarantee he'll do great in open next year!

Oh yeah, Go Xray!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #243
Tech Initiate

We had a great time a big thanks needs to go to Carlton and his crew for putting on this event for the rc racers!!! The track crew spent no less than 3hrs each night getting track ready for next day they spent 4+hrs on it Friday night getting it ready for Saturday’s final races.

Way to go guys........reminds me of why I don’t want to start up a new track next season too much work.......but I will...lol.

Here are some pictures from the week. Working on some video had trouble with video taping all week.
Attached Thumbnails
RC pro series final Texas?-1102092244.jpg   RC pro series final Texas?-1102092245.jpg   RC pro series final Texas?-1102092246a.jpg   RC pro series final Texas?-pict0079.jpg   RC pro series final Texas?-pict0106.jpg  

Last edited by streamline; 11-09-2009 at 10:11 PM.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #244
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks

Thanks!
Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:32AM

Starting November 2nd and ending yesterday were 7 rediculous days!

I would like to thank the crew that helped this year, many returning from the past 2 years.

Dwayne (Dude) Lindler, Larry Thomason, DJ Lindler and Ross Carter. These guys were there on Monday to start track build and every day afterward for maintenance and anything else that was needed plus stayed on Sunday as long as possible to help tear down. Every year this event means atleast 6 - 20 hour days. It's a tough schedule and they keep coming back every year.
A special thanks to Mr. Allison who was on track for all maintenance every year since 2007!
Curt Bacon, Roy Carter, Ron Anderson, Orlando Lebron, Bobby Bell and anyone else who helped during the week.

The announce crew Paul Gaertner our lead announcer this was his 3rd year at the finals. Mike Westbrook great job as well. This was his 1st time in the booth for this event.
My wife for dealing with everything I threw at her during the week plus dealing with the racers. She doesn't get paid for this and uses her vacation time every year for this event. She deals with me spending 16 hours a day with RC Pro and never taking time to do anything else plus trying to figure out how to pay bills all year. I couldn't do it without her!

Thanks to the Sponsors this year. Xtreme RC Magazine, VP Pro USA, Caster Racing, Alpha RC USA, Traxxas, Castle Creations, Streamline Grafix, Jab Grafix, TNT-FX and RC Signup.

Thanks to the racers who supported the series this year. I know this was a tough year financially for everyone and I appreciate you coming out to race at the RC Pro events.

Again Thanks to everyone!
Carlton
RC Pro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #245
Tech Elite

AE action Coming eventually, XRay, HB, OD, Ofna/Jammin, and the Evil Empire :P...

Enjoy

Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #246
Tech Elite

Default Sorry Carlton, hope this is OK :P

It has come to my attn that I had the ability to "right click/save as"
blocked on my PB account. This has been fixed. Now this brings up a
few Qs, I hope to get many replies to.
1) Smug Mug costs $40/yr, completely unlimited, better gallery (IMO).
Photobucket costs $25/yr to go Pro, with 25GB storage, unlimited
bandwidth. Ultimately, when I do decide to make a change, I doubt I'll
ever store more than 25GB of pics, but I do think I like SM's set up
better, so I'd probably do that. My big Q is, would you as a racer be
up to paying for the ability to save pics? I'm thinking merely $5 per,
or maybe some sort of package deal...3 for $12.50 or something like
that. Granted, I know my work isn't nearly Kevin/Scott/Slim, etc,
quality...but I do someday plan on getting better equipment so I can
maybe get closer to their work quality. Any tips/advice, answers etc
are appreciated. Thx
Old 11-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #247
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
It has come to my attn that I had the ability to "right click/save as"
blocked on my PB account. This has been fixed. Now this brings up a
few Qs, I hope to get many replies to.
1) Smug Mug costs $40/yr, completely unlimited, better gallery (IMO).
Photobucket costs $25/yr to go Pro, with 25GB storage, unlimited
bandwidth. Ultimately, when I do decide to make a change, I doubt I'll
ever store more than 25GB of pics, but I do think I like SM's set up
better, so I'd probably do that. My big Q is, would you as a racer be
up to paying for the ability to save pics? I'm thinking merely $5 per,
or maybe some sort of package deal...3 for $12.50 or something like
that. Granted, I know my work isn't nearly Kevin/Scott/Slim, etc,
quality...but I do someday plan on getting better equipment so I can
maybe get closer to their work quality. Any tips/advice, answers etc
are appreciated. Thx
Rob
You should talk to Kevin and see how he does selling pics. I have seen several people try this and it never looked like they sold enough to amount to much. I could be wrong but I think most racers feel they should get it for free and/or no one should make money on their hobby. That's the attutude most track, promoters and shop owners get.
I know what good equipment costs plus the costs of storing the pic online.

We should talk I might be able to set you up something either on our site or a site of your own.
RC Pro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #248
Tech Elite

I hear ya. I really don't expect much if anything. But then again, I get some local guys keep telling me I should try. :| With my season pretty much done, I'm not too worried until next spring anyway, but I figure to try and get a general consensus going. PM me a #, after the new year maybe I'll give you a ring.

XRay Xcitement!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #249
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Getting harder and harder

I don't make a dime either. Not sure if there is money to be made. Like the other poster said people expect it. I don't mind that since I'm in it to promote the hobby and as a hobby but it would be nice to get a little gas and tape money from shooting the events. I probably have 5 grand tied up in equipment just what I bring to the race. I used to be able to make it out ever weekend but thats getting harder and harder without any support. Around here tracks don't make a killing. Just enough to keep going pretty much so there isn't really any pot of money to start throwing at the imagery folks. I like the challenge of getting the shots and keeping the cars framed. Figuring out who the hell is in the lead when you have been wandering through the pack etc. Without fail the PA can't be heard plainly so its try and guess what they are saying. Plenty of things to throw up a good challenge and thats what I enjoy. Money would be nice but I'd be doing it anyways.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #250
Tech Elite

A few individuals...starting with my favorite pic of the week.

And the close up

Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #251
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
I hear ya. I really don't expect much if anything. But then again, I get some local guys keep telling me I should try. :| With my season pretty much done, I'm not too worried until next spring anyway, but I figure to try and get a general consensus going. PM me a #, after the new year maybe I'll give you a ring.

XRay Xcitement!!!
LOL you actually figured out my truck was an XRay!

Very nice pics BTW.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #252
Tech Elite

Truth- I had no clue, just looking at the pics. I knew XT8 was in your sig here on RCTech though
Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #253
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Truth- I had no clue, just looking at the pics. I knew XT8 was in your sig here on RCTech though
Ever thought about selling pics to the RC magazines? Some of those publications might have some interest...

Also, I doubt anyone is going to pay $5 a copy for electronic pictures... actual prints maybe, suitable for framing. And they MIGHT be willing to pay a small fee for unlimited downloads of your race pics. Just a thought.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
LOL you actually figured out my truck was an XRay!

Very nice pics BTW.
Well, the 56 ford body has to be put into retirement. After all, it does have the aerodynamics of a brick. But, that isn't the reason for retirement. DOMIT lost a bet and will most likely be looking to put a Mugen shell on it. I am quite positive the paint scheme will not change much, if at all.
rfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #255
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfleck View Post
Well, the 56 ford body has to be put into retirement. After all, it does have the aerodynamics of a brick. But, that isn't the reason for retirement. DOMIT lost a bet and will most likely be looking to put a Mugen shell on it. I am quite positive the paint scheme will not change much, if at all.
I already talked to Sr. about it. Same layout as the rest of you clowns, but in my colors. (I still need to be able to see it!)