R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #46
Tech Regular
 
Fletcher6371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 336
Default

St. Louis Dirtburners!!!!!

Hey here's an idea how about just showing up unannounced to CLUB events? Lutz CLUB tour 2010????? Race at different events (not just the big ones) let the club know your coming to have them help get more local people to show up??? Just an idea. You can't have good big events without good club events
__________________
FlatBusted Racing
Dialed Inc., North Central Hobbies, Competition Heat, FUnS Racing lol
Fletcher6371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #47
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikam View Post
We are bringing back the Straight Jacket section just for you.
Your my Hero!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehartman_49348 View Post
The Stables (Fruitport, MI) is planning on hosting a big event with a large purse next year. I will make sure the details will be send to you as soon as they are available.
Let me know! Sounds exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Congrats Lutz. Way to wheel your truggy this weekend at Proline. It was great to be there to watch the race.
Thank you very much! Truck was working great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher6371 View Post
St. Louis Dirtburners!!!!!

Hey here's an idea how about just showing up unannounced to CLUB events? Lutz CLUB tour 2010????? Race at different events (not just the big ones) let the club know your coming to have them help get more local people to show up??? Just an idea. You can't have good big events without good club events
I've thought about that. One day my dream would be to travel with my family across the country in a motor home or something for a year and just hit club tracks around the way! That would be amazing! Got to get some bigger sponsors for that one though! haha
__________________
2010 is going to ROCK!! Thanks to my support system!!
-Tamiya -Alpha Plus Engines -Byrons Race Fuel
-R/C Pro Products -AKA Tires KO Propo
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black
Default

How about the Battle at the Beach. It is in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and it is an awesome race. Usually only 150 or so entries but amazingly fun and competitive. Track is small, grooved and super fast. Usually the last weekend in March.
__________________
JConcepts/Werks Racing Engines/Ironman Bearings/PowerMaster Fuel/VP Racing
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic
 
Amoeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Amoeba Send a message via MSN to Amoeba Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCRacer24 View Post
I've thought about that. One day my dream would be to travel with my family across the country in a motor home or something for a year and just hit club tracks around the way! That would be amazing! Got to get some bigger sponsors for that one though! haha
As a relative newbie to RC racing (my first season this year!), I've been amazed at the friendliness & sharing of knowledge & passion in the RC community. I think it's awesome of you and your sponsors to try attending some of the more unusual or out-of-the-way tracks & events outside of the normal schedule. The level of professionalism and giving back to the RC community is a great thing and I hope to get the opportunity to meet more of you top-level Pros some day.

I was going to post almost the same thing as Fletcher6371. Think about hitting smaller club tracks when you can, even if it's just for a little bit on your way to the larger events. The opportunity to meet (and race against) the "big names" in RC racing would be awesome and can really be a big boost to places where the rc community is smaller or less known and put a spotlight on the "hidden gems" of tracks out there. I know it's difficult (you guys all still have day jobs) but imagining you showing up at my local track out of the blue would make my year

Maybe you should twist all of your sponsor's arms and have em split costs
__________________
Erin Carroll

Do Not Taunt Happy-Fun Ball
Amoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Folsom? Wow, talk about culture shock. Prairie City will be your best bet for practice. During the winter you can go to Capitol City Raceway (http://www.capitalrc.com) for 1/10 scale indoor, but you have to hit Delta for the winter 'Indoor' series. It's where everyone from the Nor-Cal region goes to race in the rainy season.

I'm sure Phillip will love to have some more real competiton. Hopefully your prescence can help to organize the disjointed race schedule up there. They love to schedule on top of each other.

The wife will love living up there, if only for the fact that there isn't racing EVERY weekend.....

Sorry to see you leave. It was nice to have to have you around to get tire advice and to watch a great performance every time you went out on the track.

At least I have something to look forward to when I go home to visit my parents....

If you want a bit of a road trip, or are headed to points south, check out Golden Hills Raceway in Exeter, CA (http://goldenhillsraceway.com/)
__________________
Up in the air...

Last edited by Cyberacer; 10-05-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Cyberacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #51
Tech Regular
 
Euro Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Why wait until 2010?????!???

JConcepts Clash is located in LUTZ, FL this year, you must attend simply for the Irony!!!!!





Ryan Maifield, JR Mitch, Billy Easton, Ryan Eckert, I am sure will all be there, talked to Alan Burton, plus floridas and the south easts fast guys.

Hope to see you there!
__________________
Brandon Ryan:
Thank you!
*The Speed Shop*JConcepts*Blue Groove Apparel*Kustom RC Graphics*
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #52
Tech Regular
 
Fletcher6371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 336
Default

LOL yeah that would be most people's dream too Ryan lol I'd love to tour the country and just hit tracks. What I'm saying is LETS just say you go to St. Louis or Atlanta OR Indianapolis for a weekend...hit a track on Fri/Sat/Sun IF POSSIBLE but just club races. Go out and talk to the people! WE THE PEOPLE lol. Here in STL we have a couple weekly racers that are sponsored and I my self love/hate racing with them I love it cause I can talk to them 1on1 at a club and learn a lot more than when they/we are at big races you don't get that feel. (i hate racing them cause i loose and loose bad! but it pushes me to be better.)

BTW i think it's great for you and your sponsors by posting this on a public forum!!! It's a great idea and i wish more guys (sponsored) would do this.
__________________
FlatBusted Racing
Dialed Inc., North Central Hobbies, Competition Heat, FUnS Racing lol
Fletcher6371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #53
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Coast
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCRacer24 View Post
Yes, I am getting married the day after Thanksgiving and soon thereafter moving up with her family in Folsom.
Congradulations, Marriage is great and makes it even better when the wife likes RC too.

Labor day Weekend next year at RiverFront RC Park in Marysville. First 2 years were killer and next year will be even better. Here is the start of the Pro Buggy A-Main http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANVGKqvyv7M

You mentioned about practicing at PC, they just made an announcement that they are closing and the final race is Halloween. The park might keep the track open to public but not sure. You can check out http://www.empirerc.net/ It is owned by one of our local Pro's who lives about 20 minutes from where you'll be and has most of the local info on his site, Including Paradise, Rattlesnake, RiverFront Raceway, CVR, Delta, Rescue, Reno and Carson City which are only about 2 hrs from Folsom. Both have some good events throughout the year. Reno held it's first large race this last June, with 114 entries all the proceeds went to the Reno Cancer Foundation. Will throw you some dates when we know more but it'll be 2 day's sometime around the beginning of June.
__________________
Not to be Bashing on T---O Fuels but make sure you take proper precautions and Research a Company before choosing a fuel to run.
NewOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #54
Tech Addict
 
shady3031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Ryan this is a super idea-you are an ambassador for our hobby. What better way to promote than to travel the country meeting as many people as possible. It would be cool to bring a poster or something to every event and have as many people as possible to sign it-could be used as promotional ideas later. I met and talked with you atthe WIN race in Dothan, Al this year-hope you can come back. Also the SIC 2010 date is already booked and will be Sept 30th-Oct 2nd 2010. It will be the same facility as this year although the track will be slowed way down and a lot more technical. If all the racers that attended this year return and bring buds it should be one of the largest events in the south. Come a fewdays early and help build the track (put the lutz touch on it)
Look forward to seeing you wheel at a track near me!!!

Jason
__________________
The Warehouse RC-Birmingham, AL
AE RC8.2-E Tekin powered
Alabama Manufacturers Shootout-Don't Miss It
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #55
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Thanks, I'll look into it....This isn't the event where everyone diesels there tires though is it? Also around the same time that the Neo-Buggy event may be happening? We'll see! Thanks
nah, this track is indoor but its not like a crcrc type of surface, its more like the neobuggy track thats hard packed but you run like holeshots and cityblocks on. Its held in a building where they run indoor motocross/arenacross. This past year we were able to run the same set of tires the whole weekend. u can ask chad bradley what he thought of it this year. Thanks ryan
B_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #56
Tech Master
 
petevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette
Default

On Jan 9th and 10th, the Florida State Off Road Series will host a race at Mills Pond in Ft Lauderdale. All the Florida fast guys will be there and usually draws around 200+ drivers. It is a good winter race.

www.bcrcs.org (Track Website)
www.fsors.com (Florida State Off Road Series website)
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #57
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Wheeler View Post
nah, this track is indoor but its not like a crcrc type of surface, its more like the neobuggy track thats hard packed but you run like holeshots and cityblocks on. Its held in a building where they run indoor motocross/arenacross. This past year we were able to run the same set of tires the whole weekend. u can ask chad bradley what he thought of it this year. Thanks ryan


Lol Ryan your refering to the Canadian Winter Nats....R.I.P

the Jammin boys were all about the diesel on the tires....i remember last last year their tires came off the track with about 1mm worth of the carcass left on the tire....tread.... what tread...they were also Extremely hot to the touch(i was in the pits right as he pulled off and got a feel) But Unfortunately that particular dirt was given away as FILL so some Boob instead of giving it to the clutch Nuts who always told the westerner them they wanted it.....but they gave it away and This year's surface was NOTHING like previous year's....Alot Looser soil that wouldn't groove up worth a bean....im not glad the race is RIP but i have to say i saw it coming after last year's incidences.

I haven't been to The Canadian Indoor Offroad Shootout race...but ive heard big thing's about it and IF funds allow ill more then likely be there this year.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #58
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
How about the Battle at the Beach. It is in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and it is an awesome race. Usually only 150 or so entries but amazingly fun and competitive. Track is small, grooved and super fast. Usually the last weekend in March.
Sounds like a cool event. I've heard of it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
As a relative newbie to RC racing (my first season this year!), I've been amazed at the friendliness & sharing of knowledge & passion in the RC community. I think it's awesome of you and your sponsors to try attending some of the more unusual or out-of-the-way tracks & events outside of the normal schedule. The level of professionalism and giving back to the RC community is a great thing and I hope to get the opportunity to meet more of you top-level Pros some day.

I was going to post almost the same thing as Fletcher6371. Think about hitting smaller club tracks when you can, even if it's just for a little bit on your way to the larger events. The opportunity to meet (and race against) the "big names" in RC racing would be awesome and can really be a big boost to places where the rc community is smaller or less known and put a spotlight on the "hidden gems" of tracks out there. I know it's difficult (you guys all still have day jobs) but imagining you showing up at my local track out of the blue would make my year

Maybe you should twist all of your sponsor's arms and have em split costs
It's a possibility, I've personally thought of this. A little more planning would need to go into it to find all the obscure club races and find somewhere holding events like mentioned on a Fri, Sat, and Sun. Or at least Sat and Sun.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberacer View Post
Folsom? Wow, talk about culture shock. Prairie City will be your best bet for practice. During the winter you can go to Capitol City Raceway (http://www.capitalrc.com) for 1/10 scale indoor, but you have to hit Delta for the winter 'Indoor' series. It's where everyone from the Nor-Cal region goes to race in the rainy season.

I'm sure Phillip will love to have some more real competiton. Hopefully your prescence can help to organize the disjointed race schedule up there. They love to schedule on top of each other.

The wife will love living up there, if only for the fact that there isn't racing EVERY weekend.....

Sorry to see you leave. It was nice to have to have you around to get tire advice and to watch a great performance every time you went out on the track.

At least I have something to look forward to when I go home to visit my parents....

If you want a bit of a road trip, or are headed to points south, check out Golden Hills Raceway in Exeter, CA (http://goldenhillsraceway.com/)
I heard about the Exeter track, wouldn't mind hitting that up! Just because there isn't racing up there every weekend doesn't mean I won't be somewhere in the world racing nearly every weekend! haha (I have a wonderful Soon-to-be-Wife! :-D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
Why wait until 2010?????!???

JConcepts Clash is located in LUTZ, FL this year, you must attend simply for the Irony!!!!!





Ryan Maifield, JR Mitch, Billy Easton, Ryan Eckert, I am sure will all be there, talked to Alan Burton, plus floridas and the south easts fast guys.

Hope to see you there!
Would like to but most likely I will be moving that weekend! I do need to visit LUTZ, FL though! haha! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher6371 View Post
LOL yeah that would be most people's dream too Ryan lol I'd love to tour the country and just hit tracks. What I'm saying is LETS just say you go to St. Louis or Atlanta OR Indianapolis for a weekend...hit a track on Fri/Sat/Sun IF POSSIBLE but just club races. Go out and talk to the people! WE THE PEOPLE lol. Here in STL we have a couple weekly racers that are sponsored and I my self love/hate racing with them I love it cause I can talk to them 1on1 at a club and learn a lot more than when they/we are at big races you don't get that feel. (i hate racing them cause i loose and loose bad! but it pushes me to be better.)

BTW i think it's great for you and your sponsors by posting this on a public forum!!! It's a great idea and i wish more guys (sponsored) would do this.
I like the idea! Wish there were more than 52 weekends in a year! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOne View Post
Congradulations, Marriage is great and makes it even better when the wife likes RC too.

Labor day Weekend next year at RiverFront RC Park in Marysville. First 2 years were killer and next year will be even better. Here is the start of the Pro Buggy A-Main http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANVGKqvyv7M

You mentioned about practicing at PC, they just made an announcement that they are closing and the final race is Halloween. The park might keep the track open to public but not sure. You can check out http://www.empirerc.net/ It is owned by one of our local Pro's who lives about 20 minutes from where you'll be and has most of the local info on his site, Including Paradise, Rattlesnake, RiverFront Raceway, CVR, Delta, Rescue, Reno and Carson City which are only about 2 hrs from Folsom. Both have some good events throughout the year. Reno held it's first large race this last June, with 114 entries all the proceeds went to the Reno Cancer Foundation. Will throw you some dates when we know more but it'll be 2 day's sometime around the beginning of June.
Did look like a good race this past year. Generally Labor Day weekend is reserved for the R/C X-Fest though in Minnesota! I will have to check out all of those tracks! Didn't realize there were so many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
Ryan this is a super idea-you are an ambassador for our hobby. What better way to promote than to travel the country meeting as many people as possible. It would be cool to bring a poster or something to every event and have as many people as possible to sign it-could be used as promotional ideas later. I met and talked with you atthe WIN race in Dothan, Al this year-hope you can come back. Also the SIC 2010 date is already booked and will be Sept 30th-Oct 2nd 2010. It will be the same facility as this year although the track will be slowed way down and a lot more technical. If all the racers that attended this year return and bring buds it should be one of the largest events in the south. Come a fewdays early and help build the track (put the lutz touch on it)
Look forward to seeing you wheel at a track near me!!!

Jason
Great Idea on taking something to have people sign!.....It's so hard to travel with all the stuff as it is. Wonder how I can make it happen. Would be awesome at the end of the year to have a poster with like 5,000 individual signatures of the racers across the country! Awesome Idea! I'm going to see what I can maybe do!
SIC will be looked at! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Wheeler View Post
nah, this track is indoor but its not like a crcrc type of surface, its more like the neobuggy track thats hard packed but you run like holeshots and cityblocks on. Its held in a building where they run indoor motocross/arenacross. This past year we were able to run the same set of tires the whole weekend. u can ask chad bradley what he thought of it this year. Thanks ryan
In that Case, I'll see about that race! Sounds like a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
On Jan 9th and 10th, the Florida State Off Road Series will host a race at Mills Pond in Ft Lauderdale. All the Florida fast guys will be there and usually draws around 200+ drivers. It is a good winter race.

www.bcrcs.org (Track Website)
www.fsors.com (Florida State Off Road Series website)
Another Florida opportunity! I like it! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Lol Ryan your refering to the Canadian Winter Nats....R.I.P

the Jammin boys were all about the diesel on the tires....i remember last last year their tires came off the track with about 1mm worth of the carcass left on the tire....tread.... what tread...they were also Extremely hot to the touch(i was in the pits right as he pulled off and got a feel) But Unfortunately that particular dirt was given away as FILL so some Boob instead of giving it to the clutch Nuts who always told the westerner them they wanted it.....but they gave it away and This year's surface was NOTHING like previous year's....Alot Looser soil that wouldn't groove up worth a bean....im not glad the race is RIP but i have to say i saw it coming after last year's incidences.

I haven't been to The Canadian Indoor Offroad Shootout race...but ive heard big thing's about it and IF funds allow ill more then likely be there this year.
Thanks for clearing that up! Maybe we shall see ya there at the CIOS! Thanks
__________________
2010 is going to ROCK!! Thanks to my support system!!
-Tamiya -Alpha Plus Engines -Byrons Race Fuel
-R/C Pro Products -AKA Tires KO Propo
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #59
Tech Regular
 
Euro Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Would like to but most likely I will be moving that weekend! I do need to visit LUTZ, FL though! haha! Thanks

Thats a TERRIBLE weekend to move, heard it's suppost to be raining really bad that weekend, and in the like 30's, bad idea.

FLORIDA on the other hand that weekend will be high 60's low 70's, with a chance of AWESOME RACING at the JConcepts Clash. Just saying, who wants to move when they can race?

-Brandon
__________________
Brandon Ryan:
Thank you!
*The Speed Shop*JConcepts*Blue Groove Apparel*Kustom RC Graphics*
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #60
Tech Master
 
bgbelden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I know your asking us where to race, but why don't you ask some of the big guys we don't see every day if they want to try and take your title on March 4-7th at the PNB
__________________
''Life's tough ........
it's even tougher if you're stupid..''
-- John Wayne
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAOB Racing! Bring it!!! charlie_b California Racing 9502 07-04-2016 12:35 AM
New 1/10 scale Buggies in 2010 synap2012 Electric Off-Road 54 10-14-2009 05:40 PM
Rule changes and classes for 2010 Three MSRA (Memphis, TN) 193 09-22-2009 03:43 PM
2009/2010 FSEARA Rule Changes tmunno Florida Racing 151 04-16-2009 02:23 PM
2010 MICRO WORLDS Micro-Man Micro and Mini Scales 90 05-17-2008 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net