Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

i am gonna go for the HP d8 with ninja jx .21 and the 7955 hitec servos
constantinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
there is nothing wrong with the HB the car is fast and my second choice would be the losi rtr it comes with a good radio and a descent mill just replace the servos but im not much of a rc8 fan and yes i owned one but there would be my two to look at.
+1 - I think it would be better to go HB/Losi
Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantinos View Post
Hell yeah - good freaking choice - that NINJA will give you all the power you can handle - just make sure you break it in correctly
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

good choice.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Hmmmm.

The best buggy for the money is either the mugen mbx6 or the associated rc8buggy (IMO). Both are around 4-5oo dollars and a good engine to get started is the novarossi n21bf limited. Don't let the 160 dollar price fool you. It's a good engine. It tunes easy and runs the whole main long. I have cut my best lap times with that engine. Servos are expensive for a buggy but the Ace 1313 is perfect for steering and you can use it in the throttle too. the 9053 pipe from Novarossi is great but expensive so the knock off OFNA version is good too. this should put you right on as far as price. The losi and D8 cars cost too much in repairs and relacing parts. In the long run they will be more expensive.
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
That combination will definitely be enough to win. That motor REALLY comes alive with the 2060 pipe (or whatever number the mugen equivalant is). I would also spring for the EB mods head button right from the start. Some people say the D8 is a little heavier then the others but that motor will definitely make up for that. My friend let me drive his D8 and D8T early this season and I was impressed. I might make the switch this winter myself.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
The best buggy for the money is either the mugen mbx6 or the associated rc8buggy (IMO). Both are around 4-5oo dollars and a good engine to get started is the novarossi n21bf limited. Don't let the 160 dollar price fool you. It's a good engine. It tunes easy and runs the whole main long. I have cut my best lap times with that engine. Servos are expensive for a buggy but the Ace 1313 is perfect for steering and you can use it in the throttle too. the 9053 pipe from Novarossi is great but expensive so the knock off OFNA version is good too. this should put you right on as far as price. The losi and D8 cars cost too much inrepairs and relacing parts. In the long run they will be more expensive.

Really?/? and the RC8 is what?

I run Losi - my son AE - i have spent WAY more money on his AE trying to keep it competitive that my Losi. My Losi - I broke an A-arm (front) the whold season - I replace the front bulkhead, just because I do.

if you want to be serious - go with Hitec servos - they are like 20 buck more, but will last you years, my son went through 6 Ace servos this year alone - next season hes going hitec.
One thing I have learned in RC is not everything is good for racing. Im sorry but its not - cant mention names but some of you feel me........ going to a track to race takes alot of time and energy - i dont have either to worry about the products in my car. I have tried plenty of "new" products oly to rip them off of my ride the first 10 mins of practice.

If you listen to the majority of racers on this forum and follow their advise - you will have one hell of a racer......

not pointing finger Meridth - just saying..............from lots of experience
Old 10-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
The best buggy for the money is either the Mugen Mbx6 or the Xray 809 (IMO). Both are around 600 dollars and a good engine to get started is the Novarossi n21bf limited or the RB S3. don't let the 160 dollar price fool you. It's a good engine. It tunes easy and runs the whole main long. I have cut my best lap times with that engine. Servos are expensive for a buggy but the Hitec 7955 is perfect for steering and you can use it in the throttle too. The 9886 pipe with a long header from Novarossi is great. this should put you overbudget, but man the chicks will love it!
The Losi and Assosiated cars cost too much in repairs and relacing parts. In the long run they will be more expensive.
Fixed it for ya! I agree totally!

My N21b goes as fast as my +4. It has less power, but the stop watch on my M8 deosn't lie (much). We're allways running restrictors in our race engines and barely on the throttle anyway. Minus well wear out cheaper engines at club races and save the +4 for big races/tracks.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 10-05-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Your right.

The losi and associated cars wear out too much. I race an Xray 808 and it lasts forever, but the mugen does too. Get a mugen with the BF novarossi engine. Perfect combo for price vs longevity. Servos well Who knows. I run the ace 1313 in the steering and the futaba brushless in the throttle. I still like the BF with the mid pipe. the 9853 nova superstrong but it's like 65 bucks without the short round dynamite header. That adds like 15 bucks. As for experience I've been racing for 20 years. I drove my friends Mugen and it flies with a little tuning, but my 808 is the best car I've ever owned. Nothing breaks and it turns perfectly and is easier to work on than the mugen.. It jumps awesome and it is super stable....and the chicks will like you.....Zero Defect you know you stuff. Great advice.....
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

better to go with the xray xb808 new 2009 spec or HB d8 and get the ninja jx21 or N21b?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
better to go with the xray xb808 new 2009 spec or HB d8 and get the ninja jx21 or N21b?

The Jx21 is a full blown $350 race engine. Are you sure you need it.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

well yes,need something fast and what pipe would you suggest with it
Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
well yes,need something fast and what pipe would you suggest with it
The jx is a great motor. The ninja 2042 pipe and c-header are a great combo with the engine.

I think Zerodefect has the same question as myself. For a budget of 900, the jx motor is pretty overkill. Sure, it's fast, and has treated me well. However, if you're not going to be racing it, it is honestly a waste of hard earned money.

If you do plan on racing, you will be wasting that engine if other components of your buggy are not being maintained well. Here are some things that you need to consider:

Tires: If you have the wrong tires for a track, you will not be able to utilize an engine's horsepower. Remember that tires can be 90% of the tuning for a track.

Engine tuning: Will you be breaking in this engine carefuly? Will you be paying attention to the tune throughout the day? It is REALLY EASY to make a couple of missteps and turn a 10 gallon motor into a 1 quart motor. If you have any concerns about being able to take care of your engine, buy a cheaper one and learn a bunch before going to a high-end motor.

Chassis/Drivetrain maintenance: Are you going to work on suspension/diff settings? These are going to be more important for lap times and driveability than having more hp.

The list goes on and on. I think your money is better spent on tires, parts, and practice time for now. Don't worry about being outmotored by more expensive engines, just enjoy learning about nitro. Also take a good look at the losi 2.0 rtr like token mentioned. It's a good combo and comes with a good engine that is race-capable.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think most of u guys thing $900 goes farther then it does . a d8 will cost $300. i would go with a werks b5 engine thats plunty of power plus 10 minute run times and only $200.
servos will cost $150-200 depending on what u get.
a new recivier for the remote he already has will cost $100.
at this point he already would spend $800 and with shipping and maybe tax closer to $900 and he still would need a pipe and tires. even buying those on the cheaper end of the spectrum will cost another hundred .
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #30
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
The jx is a great motor. The ninja 2042 pipe and c-header are a great combo with the engine.

I think Zerodefect has the same question as myself. For a budget of 900, the jx motor is pretty overkill. Sure, it's fast, and has treated me well. However, if you're not going to be racing it, it is honestly a waste of hard earned money.

If you do plan on racing, you will be wasting that engine if other components of your buggy are not being maintained well. Here are some things that you need to consider:

Tires: If you have the wrong tires for a track, you will not be able to utilize an engine's horsepower. Remember that tires can be 90% of the tuning for a track.

Engine tuning: Will you be breaking in this engine carefuly? Will you be paying attention to the tune throughout the day? It is REALLY EASY to make a couple of missteps and turn a 10 gallon motor into a 1 quart motor. If you have any concerns about being able to take care of your engine, buy a cheaper one and learn a bunch before going to a high-end motor.

Chassis/Drivetrain maintenance: Are you going to work on suspension/diff settings? These are going to be more important for lap times and driveability than having more hp.

The list goes on and on. I think your money is better spent on tires, parts, and practice time for now. Don't worry about being outmotored by more expensive engines, just enjoy learning about nitro. Also take a good look at the losi 2.0 rtr like token mentioned. It's a good combo and comes with a good engine that is race-capable.
ye i think your right,i should better practice and get more experiance with nitro and all those buggy components you mentione and after that i'll maybe consider a better car.For now i'll go for the losi 2.0.Thx m8