Wiki Posts
Search

Kicking turn marshalls...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
sounds like they simply dont know how to correctly marshall a car......myself, Im all over it, I enjoy it........It also let's me see the fast guys lines up close and hear when they are on/off power as well so I'm learning when I'm out there
+1 but I think it is more of a lazy thing than a know how
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
sounds like they simply dont know how to correctly marshall a car......myself, Im all over it, I enjoy it........It also let's me see the fast guys lines up close and hear when they are on/off power as well so I'm learning when I'm out there
x2 I get excited when i see a marshaling opportunity.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

Im split about the kicking vs. non kicking

When you think about it, these cars can fall 20 feet strait down and keep on truckin', but in the same aspect- if your car is going to break- do it big nosdiving off that 20foot tripple.. Not because some joe shmow kicked your car, flipped off rx power and it went careening into the woods.

I marshal As i want to be marshalled. Have common sense. dont put a car on the upslope of a huge jump- give them a little momentum so they dont flame out. Dont pick up a car unless the engine is at idle. wheels may still be moving from when the driver did hit the throttle.

Drivers- have some respect when you screw up, and a marsha puts your car down, or while its stil in the air- dont give it throttle! I cant stand trying to help a guy out- and they gun the trigger and I end up with dirt up the nose or in the eye!

Just my .02
Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
saw
Tech Adept

i don't think yelling at marshals is bad all of the time. there have been two or three times where i have wrecked right in front of a marshall and he was just staring up at the sky in lala land, reving the engine didn't get his attention so i just yelled. My biggest pet peeve is when someone wrecks lands in the wrong lane, waits then takes off making sure he is the same distance ahead or behind of the cars he was around. You should have to wait longer so you are penalized a little for wrecking.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
saw
Tech Adept

speaking of kicking i was at a race and this guy that i was pitting with was turn marshaling. it was when truggies first came out, well this dude wreck and my buddy goes to turn marshall him and while the truck was still in his hands the driver wicked wide open and held it so my friend just booted the truck across the track.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You people crack me up. The same ones complaining about feet or laziness are also the ones who never volunteer to TM. I never see you out there when i'm trying to get my practice in, yet i always TM everytime i see a friend on the drivers stand.
I know your to busy temping your buddies car and fueling him up so you have to stand at pit lane with everyone else while i try to TM a whole track with a grandpa spectator and an overhyped 6 year old who runs down the straightaway after every car.
I've been racing most every weekend for 3 years now and i'm always stuck walking down to get my own car.
I get to my spot as soon as the race is over and listen for the race director to call for the TM's and any volunteers but only 2 more have shown up by now.
Now my main is doing it's warm-ups and all the people complaining about handling there car gently are too busy fixing something they broke in the last race to notice that it's there turn to TM.
Everyone knows it's true that the TM's never get to the track like they are required to do and we all hear the director but every weekend it's the same thing.
Soooo here's my solution. Since i'm going to grab the hardest, busiest spot to TM (i always do), and i'll be jumping over, ducking under, and getting hit straight on by your car, ... come up to me before the race starts, show me your car, ask me to not use my foot and i will gladly not even bother touching your car for fear of scratching your paint job or breaking a valueable piece that has never been broke know matter how many times it cartwheeled at 35+mph down the straighaway before getting t-boned by a fellow racer.
Then when the race that you could of won if i had flipped you over instead of letting the slow kid with a donut in his mouth grab your car, you can think "damn, all he had to do was nudge me with his toe".
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We have had some problems with marshalls or lack there of at most races I have ran in this year, it seems that some pro guys I guess feel as if they have paid their dues and dont even show up to marshall and nothing is done, but on the other hand some guys are way more than willing, just like mentioned above i use marshalling as a way to watch the fastest line and see where others may be struggling. I mean really its not that hard i can understand if a buggy/ tuggy is stuck face first in a pipe then push it in the right direction with your foot but i say that is where the line stops no sense in flipping a car with your foot, if your that scared of a car then why are you racing? Quit being a puss and get your hands dirty, another thing that urks my brain cells, why is it that some drivers decide to pin the throttle to get ur attention and expect you to reach down while the cars are a full blast. I wont flip one until you gimme a little brake! Just my opinion.

KEL Racing
Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i say if you flip in the same corner im marshalling in more than 2-3 times in a heat race. yea ill kick it over. im tired of flipping the same car over in the same spot. slow down and it wont have to be kicked.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Champion

Crash in my corner once and I'll flip ya regular.
Twice, I'll take my time a little.

Three times in my corner..............Mexican Hat Dance!!!!!!!1!!!11!!

Da da de dada.............................................. ..dada dada dada!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I don't care what you say but that was funny...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought we were going to discuss the act of actually kicking TM's and not TM's that kick your car. Oh well...this might be a good solution for those that dont like TM's that kick your car. After the race just walk up to them and give them a boot to the shin and see how they like it. Personally I could care less how you get my car back on all 4's....just do it fast.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yo RB Five pro tip for all you noobz so you don't need to yell at marshall's,

Don't CRASH !!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by midwestcajun
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought we were going to discuss the act of actually kicking TM's and not TM's that kick your car. Oh well...this might be a good solution for those that dont like TM's that kick your car. After the race just walk up to them and give them a boot to the shin and see how they like it. Personally I could care less how you get my car back on all 4's....just do it fast.
Yes, fast i can do!
Gently is not my specialty, but you won't lose more than a sec or 2 even if your 20' away.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turner2
i say if you flip in the same corner im marshalling in more than 2-3 times in a heat race. yea ill kick it over. im tired of flipping the same car over in the same spot. slow down and it wont have to be kicked.

Same here!!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Have Fun!

Relax! and and dont get mad,,,,!... you guys are playing a toy car it doesnt matter how much it cost .....Dont take these hobby seriously,

next time I marshall I will flip back your RC TOY with a chopstick!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.