R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #121
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterice View Post
Relax! and and dont get mad,,,,!... you guys are playing a toy car it doesnt matter how much it cost .....Dont take these hobby seriously,

next time I marshall I will flip back your RC TOY with a chopstick!!!
Its hard to say that when you spend THOUSANDS'SSSSS of dollars on TOYS, that is competitive. People buy trailers, travel the country...... for us its a SERIOUS HOBBY.... that is fun
Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have had a guy pick my buggy up solely by the wing and managed to pull it off halfway 90*, and then throw the car back on the track rolling it upside down, then kicks it to turn it over!!!!!! I was LIVID!!! The whole time I was holding the brake for his safety too!

I always Marshall as if it were my car, I try to respect people's investments and race times. Yeah they made a mistake but so do I. These things cost a crap ton of money for how big they are. Show some respect to that, some people SAVE up to buy these things and is a big deal to them.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #123
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Its hard to say that when you spend THOUSANDS'SSSSS of dollars on TOYS, that is competitive. People buy trailers, travel the country...... for us its a SERIOUS HOBBY.... that is fun
that is right, for me this is a serious hobby, for me it just like drag racing my 410W stang, and beileve it or not i pump more adrenaline in the driver's stand racing my truggy and buggy with 9 more people than doing 9.8 in the 1/4 mile.

For me and i'm pretty sure most of the people that race seriously a 1/8 or truggy are not toy cars, a Lobo from sears, that's a toy car.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Yup, marshalling is a problem at most events.At our local track if your not on the track by the last minute of warmup on the race after yours it cost you a lap on your next race.No exceptions...One of the fastest pro's in Florida marshals in flipflops and sends text messages while he marshals, usually sitting down on the wall.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
Yup, marshalling is a problem at most events.At our local track if your not on the track by the last minute of warmup on the race after yours it cost you a lap on your next race.No exceptions...One of the fastest pro's in Florida marshals in flipflops and sends text messages while he marshals, usually sitting down on the wall.
He has forgotten his roots, and needs to be bitch slapped.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
But you did not say if he actually did a good job,

And if hes not doing a good job setting examples - are you sure hes a pro.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #127
Tech Initiate

Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Ok...stink happens. We all get turtled. And indeed, we need marshalls and I am greatful when an attentive person helps me out, please don't get me wrong here. My question is, how do you all feel when a marshall "gently kicks" or uses his/her feet to marshall. For me, personally, it is an extreme pet peeve. It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot...lol. So what's you're opinion?

PS- I would most appreciate those that I race with to post as well.

Yes I do race with you.....In my opinion that gently kick work coz save u time compare to pick it up with my both hands.....as long as my rc car tires on the ground i wont complain, it doesnt matter what method the tm used.

I wonder how you feel if im the tm and gently kick your flywheel, shut off your car....when you get turtled tell me...
whiterice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Wow...gotta say I'm a bit surprised this thread went this long, lol. I appreciate everyone's opinion. I will try to be more cognisant of my actions on the stand... All in all,while I may voice my disappointment on the stand, I don't take it off of the stand.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Wow...gotta say I'm a bit surprised this thread went this long, lol. I appreciate everyone's opinion. I will try to be more cognisant of my actions on the stand... All in all,while I may voice my disappointment on the stand, I don't take it off of the stand.
Although I have never personally kicked a turn marshall, I've felt like choking one before. Of course I'm the one who got myself INTO that situation... so I can't really gripe, now can I?

p.s. yes, I read the thread. I just think it is humerous to have this much discussion about it.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #130
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
But you did not say if he actually did a good job,

And if hes not doing a good job setting examples - are you sure hes a pro.
No, he's pathetic at marshaling but he's the fastest guy on the East coast.Just forgot where he came from I guess....I don't want to call him out I just wish he marshaled mine like I marshaled his.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #131
Tech Addict

I am a trans gender and worry about discrimination at our local track. i am always the first person to raise their hand and ask to turn marshall. One race in particular Grouchy kicked me in my shin and left a bruise. My man friend was very angry and told me he would come to the track to straighten things out once he sobered up. I told him I probably deserved it because I strutted to the buggy and should have ran to it. After the races another racer threatened me with some fist shaking and he whispered something to Grouchy about me. I really don't care very much if they know I am a trans gender but you don't have to kick me. I think they get some of their bright ideas from the comments on here.I am a big woman and the computer at the track is now spelling my name "JOY" Platinum as if someone told them I was unstable and a trans gender.I am writing a letter to the editor of Buggy Action magazine and hopefully they will publish an article about transgenders who race.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #132
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i would say if he kick again so thats another story ,i will personally talk to him after the heat/main,i will tell him do your job ,or else i will do the same thing ,i dont spend $$ for nothing you got to remember that & most of you i believe this is serious hobby ,hardcore racers & etc. ...........last year i compete other places ,i travel far places just to race & see if my driving skills is improving & of course to have fun
Old 10-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I am a trans gender and worry about discrimination at our local track. i am always the first person to raise their hand and ask to turn marshall. One race in particular Grouchy kicked me in my shin and left a bruise. My man friend was very angry and told me he would come to the track to straighten things out once he sobered up. I told him I probably deserved it because I strutted to the buggy and should have ran to it. After the races another racer threatened me with some fist shaking and he whispered something to Grouchy about me. I really don't care very much if they know I am a trans gender but you don't have to kick me. I think they get some of their bright ideas from the comments on here.I am a big woman and the computer at the track is now spelling my name "JOY" Platinum as if someone told them I was unstable and a trans gender.I am writing a letter to the editor of Buggy Action magazine and hopefully they will publish an article about transgenders who race.
Oh, Dear God no.

You've been burning brillo pads again?

I told you to be careful with those new Bome (pat pending) rc lubes and greases. They can react with other chemicals and make people happy.

The final product will be safe, but the prototype I sent, you have to be careful not to spray anything on it.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I think there is some confusion here... this is the NITRO OFFROAD forum, not Drag Racing!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #135
Tech Addict

They call me National Dragster.LOL
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote