R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #61
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to losi guy

Anyone who uses a foot to flip a vehicle over is just flat out lazy plain and simple.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Oh, I hate that so much.

I flip them, but they gun it before it hits the ground and the car just skates off and crashes 5 feet away.

I usually pause, look at the drivers stand and hold my arms out (the WTF are you doing? pose). I take my good old time getting to that car, I don't have the energy to follow Mr. Cartwheel the whole way round the track.

I'll second the notion: Bad marshalls make for better drivers.
I have to agree with this, when i got my 9 year old into racing this year one of the first things we were told was when the marshal leans to pick up the car hit the brakes, then wait till its back on its wheels before gasing on it, i try to be very careful but fast when larshaling by getting the cars back over as fast as possible, but to walk up to a car and the driver has it pegged aint right..as for kicking it over with your foot well most of use have over a $1000 in our rides, use your hands. To some its like kicking the door shut on your new pick up, you would never do that so why with these, there still very expensive....just my 2 cents.

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #63
Tech Master

When it comes to marshalling, I have a simple rule that I follow. I don't mind if you rev the engine wile I'm running to your car, but if the wheels aren't stopped by the time I reach for it, I will throw my hands up in the air. (letting you know I will not touch it until you stopped the wheels). When I reach back down and you hit the throttle again. I will throw my arms up again. If you don't stop the wheels at that time, I will "Accedently"cover your muffler with my finger and shut the car off. I don't have time to waste on your car. Remember it wasn't me that caused the car to be upside down. Another thing is that when I'm rolling your car over and you hit the throttle wile I have hold of the car. I will put it back down upside down and repete the first rule. I can't afford to lose another hand, so I'm pretty ferm about this. After the race is over I will explane it to you, why I did what I did. Then I will tell you that if you do it again, I will just shut the car off and put it to the side. Fortunatly I needed to do this only a couple of times last year.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I really dont care how someone flips me over, if you can do it quicker with your foot, do it.
If you do choose to use your foot, simply make sure you CAN is all.
No need for getting so upset over something like this, geez.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfanelli View Post
As far as the kicking a car over, dont make much difference to me and this may be a topic for a new thread but here is MY peeve.

"It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot.."

People on the drivers stand kirking out and distracting all the other drivers. Its rude, annoying and not very profesional. Throw profanity in the mix and you really need to find something else to do with your time. This also goes for the knuckle heads, and I still can understand the reasoning for doing it but throwing their radios at the ground. Come on guys grow up.
+10
I know the pit guys was thinking what a rude person and need to act his age, and bet the drivers that stand next to u yelling was thinking the same thing!
Brandon Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #66
Tech Addict

I wound up with a speckled rash on my rc8 this summer. I am certain that I witnessed a turn marshall flip my car over with his foot. It was like a slo-mo dream, I mean this is weird but I saw him using his foot and thought it looked like ATHLETES FOOT on his foot. He was wearing those dam CROCS. Sure enough my car had athletes foot and I used Lysol and Lotrimin to get rid of it.I did some active rallying and it is now posted on the TRACK Rules sign NoFlip flops or CROCS. If you want your car to remain free from infectious BS then make sure no-one tries to flip it with their feet. **If any one ever uses their feet to flip my car ***I will beat your A_ _ and if you are bigger than me I will kiss you in the mouth. ( not many people are bigger than me so i'm not worried about the kissing part)

** Act must be witnessed by a man playing a piano.
*** I does not mean myself , it means any man whose name starts with the letter I.
Disclaimer: I must also lose the race in order for kissing to take place.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A lot of good points have been brought up here but the one that cranks me is when a car flames out and instead of the marshal setting it to the side until the pit man gets there, they try and throw it across the track. My brother was burned by my truggy muffler pretty bad this year because the marshal threw it at his head and he used his arm to block it. That and the guys who try and roll a vehicle across the track to the pit man are idiots too. Every time I saw that this year the car stopped half way across the lane of traffic and someone else almost always ended up crashing into the stalled car. If the car dies it should be set aside and the pit man better be sprinting to get it.
mdbrowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I wound up with a speckled rash on my rc8 this summer. I am certain that I witnessed a turn marshall flip my car over with his foot. It was like a slo-mo dream, I mean this is weird but I saw him using his foot and thought it looked like ATHLETES FOOT on his foot. He was wearing those dam CROCS. Sure enough my car had athletes foot and I used Lysol and Lotrimin to get rid of it.I did some active rallying and it is now posted on the TRACK Rules sign NoFlip flops or CROCS. If you want your car to remain free from infectious BS then make sure no-one tries to flip it with their feet. **If any one ever uses their feet to flip my car ***I will beat your A_ _ and if you are bigger than me I will kiss you in the mouth. ( not many people are bigger than me so i'm not worried about the kissing part)

** Act must be witnessed by a man playing a piano.
*** I does not mean myself , it means any man whose name starts with the letter I.
Disclaimer: I must also lose the race in order for kissing to take place.
Classic.

I don't yell from the stand, but I do radomly break into song. I like to sing show tunes to the track on my practice days and when I get into cruise control in the middle of the race I forget its not practice.

The oops, i touched your pipe and it stalled? bit is interesting.........
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rule one: Dont turtle.
Rule Two: The Marshell is just trying to help.
Rule three: If you think it was bad the first time I flipped your turtle, watch me next time.

My thoughts, do not yell at the marshell, do not wreck if you cannot make it up, folks try, sometimes you may get a bad break, but NOBODY made you try that move..you have brakes..you are driving it, if you turtle, you are at the mercey of chance.

I have had the best an the worst, So Wie So, either drive, take the risk, or dont..
Never depend on a marshell to get you in the game, you are the driver, they are just trying to fix what you messed up.

IMO...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
When it comes to marshalling, I have a simple rule that I follow. I don't mind if you rev the engine wile I'm running to your car, but if the wheels aren't stopped by the time I reach for it, I will throw my hands up in the air. (letting you know I will not touch it until you stopped the wheels). When I reach back down and you hit the throttle again. I will throw my arms up again. If you don't stop the wheels at that time, I will "Accedently"cover your muffler with my finger and shut the car off. I don't have time to waste on your car. Remember it wasn't me that caused the car to be upside down. Another thing is that when I'm rolling your car over and you hit the throttle wile I have hold of the car. I will put it back down upside down and repete the first rule. I can't afford to lose another hand, so I'm pretty ferm about this. After the race is over I will explane it to you, why I did what I did. Then I will tell you that if you do it again, I will just shut the car off and put it to the side. Fortunatly I needed to do this only a couple of times last year.

Agreed, Either get off the throttle or burn fuel, whatever you wanna do driver, if you gots a runway I will step on it, or otherwise try to save your Engine, at least it aint gonna blow..or blow my fingers off.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Buggies and truggies have big wings that make perfect handles for flipping cars. I know that marshalls are just doing their best (well most of them anyway), but kicking my car is not acceptable. If you don't want to marshal properly, then don't go racing. Marshalling is part of racing, so do it properly!
Rampokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 AM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use my hands to marshal a vehicle just because I know some people don't like people flipping there car over with there foot. For me as long as they don't actually kick my vehicle and they are using the fasted way to get me going again I couldn't care less how you flip me. So basically as long as you are trying fast to get me going again, not doing damage to my vehicle or flaming it out. I don't care how you turn me over. To be on the safe side of things, just use your hands and grab it by the front and wing and not the sides.

The people who rev there engine to get peoples attention doesn't bother me. It actually make it easier for me if the car it just out of sight and you cant see it. When I run over to a vehicle I put my hands up just before I am going to pick it up. If he is still revving it can sit there.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #73
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to MaTt 93

I had a marshal flip my car over with his foot then he yelled at me how i should be driving my car and he was a rookie

SECOND PLACE IS THE FIRST LOOSER !!
MaTt 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:01 AM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTt 93 View Post
I had a marshal flip my car over with his foot then he yelled at me how i should be driving my car and he was a rookie
LOL Someone got put into there place.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
The people who rev there engine to get peoples attention doesn't bother me. It actually make it easier for me if the car it just out of sight and you cant see it. When I run over to a vehicle I put my hands up just before I am going to pick it up. If he is still revving it can sit there.
I agree with you there. When I'm driving, and a marshal goes to pick up my car, I always apply the brakes.
Rampokker is offline   Reply With Quote