R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

i have turned cars over with my feet if they where like 2 or more so i could get ever one turn over as fast as possible and if they are on the throttle i will hold my hands up till they stop then i will flip it over im not going to turn a car over when it is wide open just be smart if you wreck let off the gas most cars these days will idle on there hoods thanks to the new gas tank designs.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

since were on the topic of kicking dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJNQCl5MI0

"Plug and play, Is not the way"
coviello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Ok...stink happens. We all get turtled. And indeed, we need marshalls and I am greatful when an attentive person helps me out, please don't get me wrong here. My question is, how do you all feel when a marshall "gently kicks" or uses his/her feet to marshall. For me, personally, it is an extreme pet peeve. It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot...lol. So what's you're opinion?

PS- I would most appreciate those that I race with to post as well.
mate i have had a stroke and cant walk well at all even i bend down to marshall the cars as my legs arent strong at the best of times i myt look arse about bending over but i use the logic if it was my car do the same back
and generally most guys hit my bloody foot anyways
but i still get there and do it and yes screaming at them does absoulotley bugger all hahahaha

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coviello View Post
since were on the topic of kicking dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJNQCl5MI0
lmao.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Default Time to.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbusta View Post
mate i have had a stroke and cant walk well at all
Watch from the sidelines
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Ok...stink happens. We all get turtled. And indeed, we need marshalls and I am greatful when an attentive person helps me out, please don't get me wrong here. My question is, how do you all feel when a marshall "gently kicks" or uses his/her feet to marshall. For me, personally, it is an extreme pet peeve. It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot...lol. So what's you're opinion?

PS- I would most appreciate those that I race with to post as well.
As far as the kicking a car over, dont make much difference to me and this may be a topic for a new thread but here is MY peeve.

"It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot.."

People on the drivers stand kirking out and distracting all the other drivers. Its rude, annoying and not very profesional. Throw profanity in the mix and you really need to find something else to do with your time. This also goes for the knuckle heads, and I still can understand the reasoning for doing it but throwing their radios at the ground. Come on guys grow up.
markfanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I can roll your car over and get it headed in the right direction with my foot than I do. Its a whole lot quicker than if I have to bend my fat ass over and pick it up.

I am not very fast as a marshal but I do pride myself on getting the car headed the right way the first time. In almost 10 years of racing I may have had to double marshal a car only 2 or 3 times.

Thats my pet peeve. I cant stand it when someone rushes over and in their haste they flop my car back onto its lid. The worst is when they do this and then turn away leaving you on your lid while they flail around like a chicken with their head cut off.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smb17

I didn't read all of this but I agree with first post. Get in there and don't be afraid to break some fingers. Treat other people's car better than you treat your own. I always make sure to go out there and marshal for people on practice nights when its late at the track and no one is out there! No better way to make friends than to turn their car over for them. Don't go kicking the car and getting on their S-list.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman View Post
Watch from the sidelines
yea but its unfair everone else has to marshall and to tell ya the truth sometimes i marshall better then the normal ones out there
but at least i get of my arse and do it and not wish i can wish i can ???

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to vstrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbusta View Post
yea but its unfair everone else has to marshall and to tell ya the truth sometimes i marshall better then the normal ones out there
but at least i get of my arse and do it and not wish i can wish i can ???
Good shit....
vstrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I find an even bigger problem to be while I am marshalling, I use my hands to flip the car over, the guy has it pinned wide open before I even let go of it, it hits the ground and the wheels are already spinning way to fast and he flips himself again.

If he's giving it throttle while it's upside down, I'm just not going to touch it until he stops. If he waits until it's in my hands to give it throttle, I drop it ASAP, but the full throttle will often flip the car again once it touches the dirt. It's not like I'm standing there holding it, either. This all takes place in a split second. It happens too often. I once got the Crimefighter treadpattern in my arm because of it. My grip was too loose and the full throttle popped the car out of my hands, it drove down my arm and landed upside down.

I'll try to track down the picture of my arm with the bleeding Crimefighter pattern.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
I find an even bigger problem to be while I am marshalling, I use my hands to flip the car over, the guy has it pinned wide open before I even let go of it, it hits the ground and the wheels are already spinning way to fast and he flips himself again.

If he's giving it throttle while it's upside down, I'm just not going to touch it until he stops. If he waits until it's in my hands to give it throttle, I drop it ASAP, but the full throttle will often flip the car again once it touches the dirt. It's not like I'm standing there holding it, either. This all takes place in a split second. It happens too often. I once got the Crimefighter treadpattern in my arm because of it. My grip was too loose and the full throttle popped the car out of my hands, it drove down my arm and landed upside down.

I'll try to track down the picture of my arm with the bleeding Crimefighter pattern.

Oh, I hate that so much.

I flip them, but they gun it before it hits the ground and the car just skates off and crashes 5 feet away.

I usually pause, look at the drivers stand and hold my arms out (the WTF are you doing? pose). I take my good old time getting to that car, I don't have the energy to follow Mr. Cartwheel the whole way round the track.

I'll second the notion: Bad marshalls make for better drivers.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #58
Tech Master

i'll admit that i'll slip my foot under the car and flip it over, never kicking it, and only during practice. BUT!!!!!! when the race is on, i only use my hand to marshall a car. period......

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I try not to get upset with marshalls because it's never their fault I crash.

I hate it when a marshall throws your car down so carelessly it ends up back on it's lid. One marshall this summer threw me down in the wrong lane facing oncoming traffic! Yikes.

All and all us drivers need to keep our cool and try not to crash so much!
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I try not to get upset with marshalls because it's never their fault I crash.

I hate it when a marshall throws your car down so carelessly it ends up back on it's lid. One marshall this summer threw me down in the wrong lane facing oncoming traffic! Yikes.

All and all us drivers need to keep our cool and try not to crash so much!
I hate ending up on the wrong side of the pipes. I ate it a couple weeks ago and ended up on the wrong section of the track. Even though the marshal was looking that direction apparently he didnt notice and set me going the wrong way. I didnt get upset because I'm the one that ended up over there but when I'm marshalling I usually have a good idea of where the car came from, especially when it's facing head on into traffic in an area that would be tough to crash in

The same day I came into the first corner (qualed 2nd) with an angry mob behind me. Got tagged from behind; first car into the corner and the fifth one out It was the first lap so it wasnt a big deal and I was at the bottom of a heap of carnage. 12 cars on the track makes for excitement all the way around the course.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote