Wiki Posts
Search

Kicking turn marshalls...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I should also point out that when I saw the title of the post, I thought you had gotten mad at a marshal and gone over and kicked the guy
That was exactly why I gave it that title, to sucker you all in to read this and hopefully reply.
Excellent replies. As noted in OP, it's merely a pet peeve, not really something I'm gonna get hung up on. I started this thread largely to pick your brains. I do feel somewhat disrepected when I've dropped ungodly amounts of time and $ into a hobby, only to see someone kick or "roll with their foot" my gear.However, I also understand the opinions of those that posted it's not a big deal.

Keep the posts coming
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I have been to alot of races. I will say this I will NEVER kick anyones sh!t period. I dont care if its racing or practicing. To the guy that dont want to lose a finger - c'mon, seriously. When I marshal I will do my best to flip your car over as fast as I can - Im not a pro athelete, I WILL NOT TOUCH IT IF YOUR ARE REV'IN. Dont care what you say or how you act on the drivers stand. I will bust my ass for every car on the track -

And all of you that are scared to marshal and use you hands like you SUPPOSE to - I would love to see you marshall a PRO or INVITE race and kick Tebo, Drake or Mayfield sh!t over........... I will have my popcarn ready.

You dont kick a $1000 car. Trust me, if that happens to you, you will be pissed.

word to the mother!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

so your car can fly 30-300 feet in the air and roll over ten+ times but kicking it will be the end all damage?

lol

I'm not agreeing we should kick, I use gloves and care and speed!

Just struck me as funny, like our cars are made of crystal
Old 10-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default re

definitely not the best here but what gripes me is when the marshall takes his time so his buddy can take the lead to the win yes he didnt flip my car but he was right beside it and his buddy was 2 turns back,and the golden rule should be he whom flips first gets turned over first unless at the bottom of a pile up
Old 10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

at what tracks are cars/truggies jumping 75+ feet???

dont kick my 1000 dollar ride. how about i kick your dog?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by comedyman809
at what tracks are cars/truggies jumping 75+ feet???

dont kick my 1000 dollar ride. how about i kick your dog?
1000 dollar ride.................................... ...you must be running Hot Bodies D8 No offense, I could not resist
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
Hands or feet...same thing here!!
a 360 can and will happen even if using hands only!!

As for using the feet...it's a dirty, toxic, dangerous car where some drivers keep it WOT until you flip them back on their wheels....feet don't hurt!!!
retarded
if a guy at my track goes wide open while upside down i dont marshal it easy as that either get the fuck off the trottle or stay on your lid.

i wear mechanics gloves and often have to Marshall pros but when they flip and go tubbling they are standing on it doing everything to keep the darn thing on the wheels....hell i normally stand on one side of the track at all times on of our layouts had a big double in my section i cought a few cars in mid air headed right at me and tossed em back on the track....

its all in awareness!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by elcaminosslover
1000 dollar ride.................................... ...you must be running Hot Bodies D8 No offense, I could not resist
thats funny
because the ft b44 he has is more expensive brand new then a d8 kit brand new.

pricing wise the d8 is the cheapest to build car
and i am pretty sure he has a 2.0b
the losi mugen ae are all above 400 to 500 bucks price wise dont leave out kyosho like 1000 a kit.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Awareness is the key!

During the ROAR region 11 championship this year in Canby Oregon a marshaller flipped my son's truggy over after a pile up and wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. My sons car was positioned nose against the end barrier. everyone was screaming at him to turn it around. My kid was trying to get his attention with the car but he was unable to rev too much because he was wheels down. I was marshalling on the other end of the track and was about ready to run across and flip it myself but I didnt want to abandon my post because I was on a section that had a hell of a lot of crashes and I was extremely busy. Anyway, my kid lost about an additional 10 seconds. I dont think it cost him a win, but I'm pretty sure he could have gotten third instead of fourth (which is still very respectable considering this is his 1st racing season). The crash wasn't necessarily my son's fault but, hey that's racing! I give credit to the marshallers.
During that very race, one of the marshallers broke his ankle very badly. The next weekend we were having our track's last race of the points series where I finished 2nd for the season (my son finished 1st), anyway the older gentleman who broke his ankle wasn't able to come to the final to marshall or even watch for that matter. His son was there and neither race but they volunteer marshall , I got a nice spektrum hat as one of my prizes and gave it to the kid to give to his dad since he wasnt there and I was appreciative for him volunteering to marshall all season.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

well ill break it down, its a losi 8 2.0 buggy.

here is what is in it.

losi aluminum servo horn 8.50

it is the rtr version-650

i changed the shock caps-30

the front knuckles-40

front spindles 45

common sense lipo-35

novak 5a regulator- 25

2 jr 9100 servos 119 each

king headz motor mount-50

new body -30

1,151.50-total

plus i have the clutch service kit, both f/r spring sets

spare air filter set with an outer filter cover.

so add another 150 into the package.

total-1,301.50

so its about a 1000 dollar ride. when it has a new chassis, and the smart diffs, and new engine, then it will be upwards toward the 1500-1800 dollar mark.

none if this includes tires and fuel

Last edited by comedyman809; 10-05-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket
Safety never takes a break!

I would rather use my shoe than use my hands and lose a finger. Don't be pissed about it, now if they kick it over and it roles over twice still landing upside down. Then you can get pissed.

How do you loose a finger marshaling? kicking a car for me is an insult, i always grab the car and put it in her 4 tires, i expect the same. If you encounter a flipped truggy or buggy and the driver don't let the gas you simply don't touch the car until the driver applies the brake, grab the car from the wing flip it and voilá!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

I dont care what kit you build - it cost a 1000 of more to get it running with good stuff - I dont think you will break it by kicking it, but over the last 20 years - you will be surprised at how many people F up and kick to hard or to soft. the Sure thing is to use you hands

plus again - you will not see a Pro do that
Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

u can try and kick my dog, but don't come crying if he ripps your foot, leg and something else off.......

as I said, it's one of those topics that will have valid arguments on why do it or why not, as most of things in life just use common sense......
Old 10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I didnt read everyones posts. But I hate it as well. Not b/c they are using their feet, but b/c slower when they miss. Yea I know its my fault for messing up, but I dont need someone using their feet, when instead they can use their hands and do it properly. I wouldnt have yelled for him using his feet, but would have pulled him aside and tell him not to.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toiffel
u can try and kick my dog, but don't come crying if he ripps your foot, leg and something else off.......

as I said, it's one of those topics that will have valid arguments on why do it or why not, as most of things in life just use common sense......

then id have to call johnny cochran or robert shapiro.

im just messin around, no need to rebut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.