R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I do push cars off of boards with a foot. Sorry but I have a bad back and I'm not killing myself for your mistake. I do it gently and as long as the driver isn't being a throttle happy idiot, it works perfectly and for me is faster than picking it up. I am NOT talking about upside down here. Just nosed into a wall. Flipped you got to pick it up.

Now lets bash some drivers instead of marshals here

Drivers, stay off the throttle until all four are on the ground and the marshal's hand is off the car. If you yell at me because you gunned it the moment your rear tires touched and the thing does a backflip onto its roof, I'll throw your car off the track
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #17
Tech Lord

I should also point out that when I saw the title of the post, I thought you had gotten mad at a marshal and gone over and kicked the guy
Old 10-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #18
Tech Elite

How about the "more experienced" drivers that crash every other lap and then when the new guy who is only rolling the jumps and doing singles only, catches up and is about to pass. They crash into him and he flames out!

If you can't clear the big jumps regularly in the qualifiers then don't try during the main. Love it when the "keep it on the ground" new guy passes "Johnny Momo airshow".

Is it bad taste for a marshal to carry a flag that says: " You suck, slow down."
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to orcusomega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Is it bad taste for a marshal to carry a flag that says: " You suck, slow down."
Only problem with that is I would have a siezure from all the flashing of the flag in my direction

That leads to an interesting point - but I will start another thread on the rights of newbies versus experts

Bob
orcusomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #20
Tech Lord

Quote:
That's a great idea, someone needs to make those flags
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
How about the "more experienced" drivers that crash every other lap and then when the new guy who is only rolling the jumps and doing singles only, catches up and is about to pass. They crash into him and he flames out!

If you can't clear the big jumps regularly in the qualifiers then don't try during the main. Love it when the "keep it on the ground" new guy passes "Johnny Momo airshow".

I'm gona get one of those

one other thing, if the marshal is backing up, don't drive behind him and wine when he trips over your car...
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

When I'm racing and I flip I don't care how the marshall flips it back, as long as the buggy is back on it's 4 wheels I don't see a problem.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If a marshal uses the feet to roll you over, its not a problem.

In the end, you wrecked, not the marshal.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:

+1 on this note. That costed me my last race of the year when I had 1st place by a lap. "momo airshow" landed on me and flamed me out. I was driving nice and conservative but a clutch spring let out when this happened and I then ended up with a DNF

Last edited by awdcameolsx; 10-05-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

you don't kick a $1,000 car?? but you make it jump 75+feet?? I don't think we are talking about a full blown goal kick are we?? I can see if it's some practice laps or something like that, flipping the car over with your foot wouldn't be a such a big of a deal, but then u get the usual fool, that decides to play hacky sack with it, then i would be pissed no matter if it's a practice run or something similar. I wouldn't consider doing it or appreciate it during a main or qualify round where times really make a difference, I guess it's one of those things than can go both ways.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't really mind I just want to be flipped over as quickly as possible. What I hate is when the marshal's talk on their cell phones during the race.
fievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hmm, either screwed up when I replied or I got moderated

My take is that if you're kicking a car over you're just plain lazy (unless you have some debilitating condition). I'm not worried about something happening to the car but the chances of the marshall getting your car uprighted properly is deminished.

Racers that rev engines after the car has been spotted or while in hand will get set right back down rubber side up. If you're trying to get my attention by revving the motor, no problem.

Slow unattentive marshals do piss me off; I havent had bad service many times but some of the things I see are just retarded. I saw one car get tossed into the pits which was about an 8' foot drop straight to the cars lid. The driver was revving the engine but tossing a car into the pits was just stupid; there are peoples wives and children down there. Turns out, this car was glitching and could have hurt someone.

As marshals, we arent responsible for the incident but we are responsible for getting the car back on track in a timely manner. Pay attention to what you're doing.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bad Marshalls= Better Driving.
I welcome bad marshalls.

Those who blame slower drivers for there troubles are really reaching
Anyone who discourages a new racer is not helping the hobby grow.

Only my opinion. No need to respond
Old 10-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

My 2 cents.....

I learned not to blame the marshalls for losing a race. You should have never flipped over and should drive better.

You got some marshall's that dont pay attention. You have to keep revving your engine till they hear you and you can be right next to them upside down.

There are bad marshall's though. Some will look at your car while its upside down like they waiting for it to flip over on its own.

When I marshall I get it quick and safe. i dont even where gloves and I will not kick it to turn it over in a race. Sometimes it takes longer cause you might flip it back upside down. Whats so hard by grabbing the front and the back and turning it over.

I like the hobby alot. I try to make it fun at it can be but please dont throw my $hit. Dont know how I would react to that. I know it would not be good. Too much time, money and wrenching to let somebody else tear it up. Too bad they dont let you put insurance on it.

Doing practice I dont care how it flipped back over. And if your engines is tuned right you wouldnt have to worry about it cutting off doing the race if its upside down. Once I see I got somebody attention I always hit the brakes.

HAPPY RACING!!!!!!
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i was also seeing that a few times yesterday. the guy would try to flip it over with his foot. that didnt work. so he tried again. still no. then he got his hands on it. i saw a few out there. like bbq said. its ok in practice. not the quals or mains. its just not right

"Plug and play, Is not the way"
coviello is offline   Reply With Quote