R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Track looked fast for sure, but boring.

No offense and I hope it isn't taken but it looked like a skill-free track. Good tires, fast motor, stay in groove. No tech areas minus maybe the whoop section, which even that looked like it had a smooth section.

Just an outsiders view on the track and race surface. This thread is not a good thing for the SIC hoping to attract more drivers next year though. We didn't make it this year and were looking to possibly go next year, but not after this thread.

BOL in the future SIC, if the racing surface changes, and they put in more technical areas into the track then I'm sure the Central FL guys will make a journey up there again sometime.
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

The SIC is anything but boring.

Come and play next year! You will have a good time!
tiger200350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The track was not boring. Being too heavy on the throttle is what was breaking parts. There was not a smooth line going through the whoops.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #49
Tech Regular

I shouldn't have been so vague. Maybe not boring to you, but a jump then 180 then a jump then 180 then a jump then 180 then a whoop section then 180....

Well to me that would get boring an tedious. I do apologise if I offended anyone with my remarks, just my personal opinion on how I feel about the track.

Tis' all.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
I shouldn't have been so vague. Maybe not boring to you, but a jump then 180 then a jump then 180 then a jump then 180 then a whoop section then 180....

Well to me that would get boring an tedious. I do apologise if I offended anyone with my remarks, just my personal opinion on how I feel about the track.

Tis' all.

Ryan Lopez, team XRAY driver, bumped from the C-main to win the event. It was anything but boring, and was probably one of the biggest challenges myself and others have faced in RC.

I think it opitomized, maintence, durability, and maturity on the wheel. If you were dufus and over powered everything you had a rough day, if you quickly learned that limiting you trigger finger where it counted you had a good day. At times I was a dufus, and have no one to blame but myself.
thabiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

I had a great time and want to personally start off by saying thank you to all the people that put this race on for us. It takes alot of time and scarifice to do this and I greatly appreciate it.

However, I cracked a servo case in the main. So not bad at all.

Most of the breakages came from people over jumping the double by the drivers stand. I am not talking over jumping by a foot or two but by seven or eight feet at a time.

My only major complaint about the race was the layout. It was back and forth with little challenge. I would definitely like to see the track be more challenging next year with the same surface. Maybe only one straight-a-way? Put last years layout on this surface and it will be dialed!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
I had a great time and want to personally start off by saying thank you to all the people that put this race on for us. It takes alot of time and scarifice to do this and I greatly appreciate it.

However, I cracked a servo case in the main. So not bad at all.

Most of the breakages came from people over jumping the double by the drivers stand. I am not talking over jumping by a foot or two but by seven or eight feet at a time.

My only major complaint about the race was the layout. It was back and forth with little challenge. I would definitely like to see the track be more challenging next year with the same surface. Maybe only one straight-a-way? Put last years layout on this surface and it will be dialed!
I gues it's just a Florida thing, we have tigh tech tracks down here. I have come to love technical, I had my share of straights in onroad, I want triple-triple sections or double-double-triple sections, with chicanes, and 90's.

Once again, personal opinion, but I do admit compared to last year it lookes like it was a better track surface, just did look very harsh with little room for mistake.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Tim- I really do think it was the woops breaking the engines, maybe not the radio trays and servos though, the AE cars of me and Pace and Dereck Guidry, (not sure about Feng), had ZERO servo issues, running XP servos. It could be the servos it could be our radio tray layout, don't know. I did shim my servos up 1mm more off the chassis to prevent jarring.

The reason I feel the woops was the culprit and not the big jumps is because I have gone to Badlands many times when the track is very hard packed with large jumps, and over jump a landing and bottom out really hard, but NEVER cracked an engine case. In the woops, your chassis would smack the top of each woop going through, therefore jarring the engine area about 40-60 times in what 5-6 seconds???

I really don't feel the layout was horrible, it was fun to race, but SUCKED to marshall. I could not even watch my corner because all I could watch for was cars jumping into my feet over the center double. 5 back to back straight lanes leaves no marshall spots with only a 4inch yellow pipe to stand beside.

Talked to a few guys affiliated with the race and needless to say they said next year will not be the same, so with that said I hope I can make it back next year and like anything, a few afterthoughts leads to better planning for 2010 race, see you guys then.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

First of all...I agree that this thread is not good for our event. However...we do want the feedback from the racers that attended.
Now with that being said...this layout wasn't that much different than last years, but it was different for a reason...we also weren't sure what the dirt would do so I stayed safe and packed the hell out of it. It sux that a lot of people broke stuff...but there were options avaliable that would've kept you from breaking...would've been a little slower...but an option none the less. As Brandon said...we live and learn...take this feed back and make a better event next year. Bottom line is...you can't please everyone all the time...I hope you all will come back next year. Maybe they won't pack it so hard and it will blow out.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Calm down shane its all good, next year will be a lot slower more technical track with some timed jumps. The contract has already been signed its sept 30th-Oct 2nd 2010. This was the first year at this facility and we learned a lot. You think it was hard acing you should have spent hours on the bobcat reaking it up yesterday, I could just barely get out of bed this morning. Rest assured guys your comments are valuable to us and everything will be considered next year when the track is designed. Hope to see everyone that was there this year come back and bring your buds next year. I broke my share of parts also but the jx ran great all weekend just needed a few clutchbells. Hope everyone had a good time and we tried tried tried to get a hobbyshop onsite to no avail, maybe next time.
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

well said Shane. That's just it, try and tell racers to "slow down", lol. The dirt was fine, packing it was fine. I hate to see the negativity also for any race. However my personal opinion is that these "one off" indoor races have gone to extreme on track builds. Tracks can be just as fun without all the "go big or go home" stuff. I'll be back next year, I don't have a total sour taste or anything like that, I just hope indoor races don't continue to get crazier and crazier.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to R/C Lidz

first off, congrats to Brandon and all the winners!

I personally think the layout looks fun. Part of the thrill of 1/8th scale racing is the speed. There are many tracks around where you don't get to see or use everything your buggy has in it.

However, I can see Brandon's point about marshalling it. I can see it being a bit nerve-racking looking over your shoulder every second
FTGT/ MT12
BLitZ/ Castle SCT
R/C Lidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

well maybe I am a little different on my feeling on the track than some...
I for one absofreakinlutly loved the track...I wrenched the entire day saturday rebuiling my entire car and making sure it was perfect only to go out and not even turn one single lap in the main....and still LOVED THE TRACK!!! (in the video im the guy that hit the guy that jumped the tube at the start of the pro buggy main)lol
but anyway I just thought it was awesome to be able to open the cars up and hit jumps full throttle wide open!!!! I dont get to do that alot out here in ohio everything is timed and "electric friendly" which means usually one big jump if that and a bunch of small ones... But I cant wait for next year
the only suggestion I could make would be to put the announcing booth where they can see the track,, He did a great job ALL DAY LOOOOOONG calling the times but there was some good racing going on as well...
but IMO kudos to the entire crew My girl and I had a great time and cant wait to come back..
also having sunday as a travel day ROCKED!!!!!
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Lidz View Post
first off, congrats to Brandon and all the winners!

I personally think the layout looks fun. Part of the thrill of 1/8th scale racing is the speed. There are many tracks around where you don't get to see or use everything your buggy has in it.

However, I can see Brandon's point about marshalling it. I can see it being a bit nerve-racking looking over your shoulder every second
yeah he did awesome and deserved it for sure..I was for one was lucky in that I got to marhsal the good spots..lol
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #60
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ephidelt490

My AE didn't break anything all weekend either. I bumped from the B and was running mid-pack in the A when I lost clutch bell/bearings.

I cornered the whoop section for the Sportsman Truggy A and have to agree with Brandon. The trucks would hit and flex so hard that you could actually see fuel splash out of the tanks! You could also hear diff gears grinding and barking through there.

I had fun hanging with friends I hadn't seen in a while. Race crew ran a good race and there was close racing all weekend. The Pro Buggy B came down to the last lap for the bump spot between 2 broken cars, lol!! I had a carb that was about to fall off and Marcus had a servo with no ears to hold it on.