R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My 350 did the same thing. Flywheel nut came loose. Scared the crap out of me though.

Then of course I couldnt get the clutch bell off because it was just turning the engine when I tried to unscrew it. I bought a 'piston stop' tool at my LHS. It screws in the head where the plug usually goes and stops the piston before TDC so that you can unscrew the clutch bell.

Once the clutch bell was off all I had to do was retighten the flywheel nut with my 4-way wrench and I was good to go. Didn't have to mess with the clutch shoes or anything.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Default I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Damn Homer!!! Every single one of us started without knowing a thing! Cut the guy some slack and he will get things figured out.
I wasn't busting his balls, I was telling him that he needs to pair up with a fast guy and learn from him. Reading it on here only does so much.
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Not sure if I understand the exact problem here. When you try and start it up, the wheels would spin? If that's the case, then I believe that you broke a spring in your clutch causing a shoe to hang on the clutch bell..basically, the bell is spinning with the flywheel causing the wheels to spin.

Did the engine just quit running when you tried to stop the wheels from moving ( full brake )?

If the flywheel nut was loose, then I can't see the tires turning when you try and start it..nothing should turn except the flywheel if it's loose. It sound like a clutch spring to me, causing a shoe to hang up.

If your engine isn't firing, it could be your plug or ignitor, and there's a possibility that you may also be flooded. Just a shot in the dark because it's hard to analyze engine problems without seeing and hearing it.

Someone suggested to buddy up with a fast guy at the track, I agree, nitro can be frustrating even when you're experienced. The fast guys are generally usually eager to help a new person if they have the time( and if they have any class at all )out because, because they know how nitro can be, and they also want them coming back to the track
GOOD LUCK!
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote