Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default crankcases

Just chiming in on the tabs breaking off, awhile back I went through 3 OS crackcases, and 2 Nova's with a Losi 1.0, either a hireline crack, or broken tab, I found that chamfering the motor alittle more on the Losi quick change resolved the problem
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

o.s hairline crack on bottom of case prb. due to a touch of rod slop which hit bottom of case...had this happen to a local last year.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

It is obviously a QA problem on the honeycombed tabs.The other guys in my area with the same problems got the same treatment when they inquired about replacement.As far as the previous complaintants engine it looked to me like a piece of flashing caused the backplate to bind during assembly and the person putting it together used the backplate bolts to get it to join the rest of the way tightening one side too aggressivly and scarring the inside of the crankcase.Looking at the pictures this is pretty obvious and I'm suprized you engine guys couldn't diagnose this.I guess it just needed a fresh set of eyes.I can't believe you blamed it on th purchaser.If it would have been assembled properly it would have been easy to get apart and he wouldn't have had to get so aggressive to take the backplate off therefore scarring it with his pliers .Again , this is very obvious and an engine modder should have caught it in my opinion.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
It is obviously a QA problem on the honeycombed tabs.The other guys in my area with the same problems got the same treatment when they inquired about replacement.As far as the previous complaintants engine it looked to me like a piece of flashing caused the backplate to bind during assembly and the person putting it together used the backplate bolts to get it to join the rest of the way tightening one side too aggressivly and scarring the inside of the crankcase.Looking at the pictures this is pretty obvious and I'm suprized you engine guys couldn't diagnose this.I guess it just needed a fresh set of eyes.I can't believe you blamed it on th purchaser.If it would have been assembled properly it would have been easy to get apart and he wouldn't have had to get so aggressive to take the backplate off therefore scarring it with his pliers .Again , this is very obvious and an engine modder should have caught it in my opinion.
Did you miss the part where HE pulled the backplate off when new to seal the engine, then HE reassembled it? Not saying it's entirely his fault, but he was the last person to assemble the blackplate before having problems the next time he attempted to pull it apart a gallon later...

Since the backplate was apparently easily removed the first time when he applied sealant, I don't see how this could be a factory defect, as you appear to be implying...

Anyway, glad to hear Houston and Fusion hooked up the OP. Just goes to speak for the quality of this company and those who represent it, if you ask me.

-Howard
Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

In case you didn't notice , the end user has taken the engine apart once , sealed it with a sealer and quite possibly did what you have said himself .

As I have said before , I have seen many many engines and inspect every engine that goes out of my engine room . In all the time I have been dealing with these engines I have never seen this so please .

Engine issues are really 99% user error.

Please stop bagging on quality products and let's get on with ourselves

Every single engine that I have seen with broken tabs have been 100% mounting issues
Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pur3evil
Did you miss the part where HE pulled the backplate off when new to seal the engine, then HE reassembled it? Not saying it's entirely his fault, but he was the last person to assemble the blackplate before having problems the next time he attempted to pull it apart a gallon later...

Since the backplate was apparently easily removed the first time when he applied sealant, I don't see how this could be a factory defect, as you appear to be implying...

Anyway, glad to hear Houston and Fusion hooked up the OP. Just goes to speak for the quality of this company and those who represent it, if you ask me.

-Howard
Thanks howard
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Enlighten me...... what makes a Novarossi rod better than a Speed??????
Also why doesn't someone make a billet case????? it appears that all I have ever seen are cast. (Junk).I believe cracked or broken tabs are a combo of bad materials / cheap cast junk and improper alignment and tightening procedure.
Now how many of you Nova guys are happy with the prices on parts???I am just checking to see if you would still use Nova parts if they were the same price as speed or maybe even V-spec.Do not get me wrong i am going to get a Nova.... I just would like for someone to enlighten me as to why they are more expensive than a Speed or a V-spec????
Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Yes I did miss that part.I appologize.I was wrong. Wasn't aware he had pulled it off to seal it.I have never had an airleak on a NR engine.I saw the pics and due to having my panties in a wad over some previous posts I ran my mouth without reading the first post.Please except my appology for this.I should have stuck to my own problem insted of trying to solve someone elses...I can admit when I'm wrong............My tabs however should not have broken and the replacement parts are still extremely overpriced.....I also think Nova Rossi are the best engines you can get.I just got a couple that were improperly molded and have seen several others and was not satisfied with the response from the distributor. My computer is very old and will not allow me to download pics or I would gladly post them......When things are mass produced things like this can happen.I understand that.Fusions response is where my problem lies..I will not pay 230 bucks for a piston and sleeve.That in my opinion is gouging the customer.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Yes I did miss that part.I appologize.I was wrong. Wasn't aware he had pulled it off to seal it.I have never had an airleak on a NR engine.I saw the pics and due to having my panties in a wad over some previous posts I ran my mouth without reading the first post.Please except my appology for this.I should have stuck to my own problem insted of trying to solve someone elses...I can admit when I'm wrong............My tabs however should not have broken and the replacement parts are still extremely overpriced.....I also think Nova Rossi are the best engines you can get.I just got a couple that were improperly molded and have seen several others and was not satisfied with the response from the distributor. My computer is very old and will not allow me to download pics or I would gladly post them......When things are mass produced things like this can happen.I understand that.Fusions response is where my problem lies..I will not pay 230 bucks for a piston and sleeve.That in my opinion is gouging the customer.
Thank you for understanding and correcting when you are wrong , highly commendable .

I would love to see pics of the items you are mentioning as I am sure jim would also .
I have had one out of round casting in a novarossi block , it was 5 years ago and it was a nova made crono rs5 that the sleeve insert area was out of round causing blowby from the exhaust to intake area pressurizing the crankcase when up to operating temp and shutting off the engine .

If you are willing to handle the situation properly with jim you will get top notch service , if you call and present attitude and negativity , well , we found out with this thread where that will get you . But even then the issue was remedied by jim .

Happy motorin',
Monty
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Every single engine that I have seen with broken tabs have been 100% mounting issues
Kind of on a different tangent, but after reading through the thread about SIC, it sounds like a lot of people cracked / broke mounting tabs on engines of several different manufacturers, on several different vehicles. Maybe it depends on track conditions as well as how the engine's mounted? I have yet to break a case, but I was a bit worried about it at the Manufacturer's Cup last year. They had a huge jump, and the surface was like concrete (similar to the SIC track).

Pete - No worries!

-Howard
Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have noticed that every time someone breaks a mounting tab off an engine, it's with a one piece mount (often Mugen's). If you have a one piece mount that ran fine with one or more engines and another engine's mounting tab broke off, you can bet the rest of the car that the engine mount doesn't fit the engine. FWIW, Xray and others sell engine mounts in an OS size and a Novarossi size.

The thing that makes Novarossi parts better than OS parts is lifespan. 30% more cost, 100% more life. Ditto the part about the OS rod taking the crank with it.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
I have had one out of round casting in a novarossi block , it was 5 years ago and it was a nova made crono rs5 that the sleeve insert area was out of round causing blowby from the exhaust to intake area pressurizing the crankcase when up to operating temp and shutting off the engine .
Monty
Hilarious.

I had a 5K that was the same way.

And the reason you don't see billet blocks is because of MASS PRODUCTION. It's just not cost feasible to CNC that number of billet blocks for the masses. Would it be better? Probably. Worth the cost? Not really.

BP Racing dabbled with CNC/billet blocks, not sure if they still do them or not; Rich Reid would know prob.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Pics?????? I thought I read every post on this thread! everybody keeps saying pics, where are they?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Pics?????? I thought I read every post on this thread! everybody keeps saying pics, where are they?
Are you talking about pics of the engine this thread was started on the premise of?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

sup Monty........hope all is well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.