Community
Wiki Posts
Search

one way diff legal or not

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

Ahh it's all good, some times things happen. I know if it whereby for guys like you and Larry tracks wouldn't make it. It way too much for one guy too run. And forget about making money, if the track owner doesn't race there isn't much point in him doing it.

Last edited by kd2777; 10-02-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

"but there was more than jus me changing tires i know of 2 more people that did and some even come off the stand and changed setup"

Not sure if that was addressed to me or not. I did come off the stand once I seen it was going to be a few mins before we started but I didn't change setup or tires, it was to fix a popped off turnbuckle from the steering servo. I do think that the one-ways is definately an advantage indoor, but according to any rules I can find there not illegal. Like I said in my earlier post if you haven't seen the trucks on the track you wouldn't believe the difference. Changing tires in the pit lane really don't matter to me, but if I was down there pitting someone and the fumes was killing me I may have had a problem with it. I really don't have a problem with anything that went down. It did kinda suck to have such a good start and then have the race called back but it happens i guess. If I would suggest anything to improve the facility would be to have a designated race director so things like that allegedly happened, doensn't happen to often. I disagree with Jeff not racing at his own track, I mean whats any fun if he can't run at his track? He is really fast and I enjoy running with him each time I come. To be honest he is probably the reason I go, cause I know I will have to be on my game to beat him! If I went there and didn't get a competative race, I probably wouldn't go back after a while. JMO Can't wait to make it back soon.

Last edited by Jonathan Bell; 10-02-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I remember when I first started racing offroad at a little local track. I guess my third or fourth race there I finally managed to qualify for my first A main. That is until they announced a change so recheck the main posting. Imagine my surprise when I find that I am now on the pole in the B, while a guy that worked at the shop was now in the A despite not finishing either of his qualifiers. The excuse was that everyone knows he was fast enough to be in the A. Well I found another track to run at and never raced there again.

But what does any of this have to do with oneways? Back on topic
Old 10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Should be perfectly legal.

I would like to see a center oneway, but a oneway in the front killing your brakes deosn't seem to make sense. We have active diffs which where supposed to be huge, but the pros really don't seem to use them often. Sticking to the standard diffs.

Whats the big deal about changing tunes or tires when a race needs restarted. Seems fair to me. Everyone had the chance to change tires or setup. And you can do that during pits as well. Is there a rule against that. Time deosn't get locked in stone just cause the computer glitched and shutdown or something.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

no not adressed to u at all jb im shure u was gratefull for restart to fix your truck but it jus makes me mad that people point fingers over nothing heck i dont care if anyone changes tires ill wait on them to do so if no one else in the race has an objection.... and we feel luck when all you guys come down every one of you all are verry clean and competitive drivers wich makes for a beter race

cant wait to have every one back that wants to come back
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Should be perfectly legal.

I would like to see a center oneway, but a oneway in the front killing your brakes deosn't seem to make sense. We have active diffs which where supposed to be huge, but the pros really don't seem to use them often. Sticking to the standard diffs.

Whats the big deal about changing tunes or tires when a race needs restarted. Seems fair to me. Everyone had the chance to change tires or setup. And you can do that during pits as well. Is there a rule against that. Time deosn't get locked in stone just cause the computer glitched and shutdown or something.

until next year then there would be some stupid rule or regulation
Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

Not sure anyone was pointing fingers at you, you weren't racing nor running the computer. As far as Jeff racing I think he should. He's a competitive racer and if it wasn't for him and a couple of the other fast guys that race there I know turn out wouldn't be as good as it is. It is what it is, people will have to decide on there own to come or not, I know I left before the mains, so I have no hard feelings, for that matter I wasn't running truck either. As far as the restart, it should have been all good for most of the guys, in a 30 minute race it will all work out in the end. I'll be there handing out wheels in a few weeks with oneway installed!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

we will be glad to have ya kev cant wait
Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by token
until next year then there would be some stupid rule or regulation
Naw, not in 1/8th nitro. It's the itty bitty 1/10th 2wd folks that need tons of rules and 20 different classes of the same car to survive.

Example: Electric makes a class for every different variety of motor out there. 435 different motor combos 456 classes for you run in. (and only 8 electrics show up) Then they bitch and whine cause someones 17.5 seems too fast for the 17.5 class.

Nitro: Screw that, lets make sure we all more power than we can deal with, we run .21s. Get the right engine. Build a car to the rule spec, not build the rules to 20 different cars.

Then again some of the 1/10ths are swithching to 1/8th E (and whineing about 5 cells).....
Old 10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

jeff should most definatley race, no question. now how many classes he can handle and run the show is up to him. but the most important thing for you guys to do is adopt a format and stick to it, i have raced there twice and a different starting format was used each time. also combine some of the two car classes to cut down time, 10 hours to race 30 people is out of hand. as far as one way bearings who cares, as far as changing tires i think its cool if you want to take your warmup time to work on setup, but when its up its up baby time to get your race on!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Naw, not in 1/8th nitro. It's the itty bitty 1/10th 2wd folks that need tons of rules and 20 different classes of the same car to survive.

Example: Electric makes a class for every different variety of motor out there. 435 different motor combos 456 classes for you run in. (and only 8 electrics show up) Then they bitch and whine cause someones 17.5 seems too fast for the 17.5 class.

Nitro: Screw that, lets make sure we all more power than we can deal with, we run .21s. Get the right engine. Build a car to the rule spec, not build the rules to 20 different cars.

Then again some of the 1/10ths are swithching to 1/8th E (and whineing about 5 cells).....
hahahahahahhaha
Old 10-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

word