R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
electric 2wd guys can make corrections in the air.
but theres no power going to the front tires..I always though that when you brake, is what stops your front tires from rotating which is what brings the front down..I was curious how you bring it down with no brakes..I guess it makes sense that once you stop wheel rotation the car will level out more, but I fail to see how you point it downward to land the downside with no front brakes..I need to try out someones 2WD to see what its like
Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
If I may someone who knows; how do you make corrections in the air with no front brakes?
Maybe only half as effective ??????
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yeah you still control it in the air with the rear brake it's just not as much as with both. Nothing that you can't adapt to though. In most situations just letting off on the face of the jump will put the truck in a nose down position. The trucks look simply amazing when the traction is there.
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Just put the one-way in the center. You'll have your "free-wheel" feel and front and rear brake. I've been wanting to try it, just find it to expensive to get one only for an "experiment".

X
maxflo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I've thought about it; but can only see it working in high traction conditions (blue groove and/or indoor).

It would be a lot like driving a 2wd truck; but with the accel of a 4.

If any of you have driven onroad at all, I'd try it without a doubt. If you haven't; it will take quite a bit of driving style changes.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A couple years ago Jason Ashton ran a car by a spanish company called Sidorf, it was reported that he ran a front diff that was basically a one way, and did very well with it.

http://www.rc411.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4144

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...nisidorf-1.jpg

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...nisidorf-3.jpg
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
but theres no power going to the front tires..I always though that when you brake, is what stops your front tires from rotating which is what brings the front down..I was curious how you bring it down with no brakes..I guess it makes sense that once you stop wheel rotation the car will level out more, but I fail to see how you point it downward to land the downside with no front brakes..I need to try out someones 2WD to see what its like
As long as there is a tire spinning that you can brake, the effect will work. It doesn't matter if it's front or back.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to w_kirk_jr

So has anyone found a rule book that says that a one way diff is aginst the books???

push aginst me! It only will make me stronger and faster-
w_kirk_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_kirk_jr View Post
So has anyone found a rule book that says that a one way diff is aginst the books???
Ok so let me try to understand whats going o. Your talking about oval racing with a L8?

If so: how did we get on jumping?

And since we are on jumping, 2 exapmles of last weekend racing.
One of the Losi factory Pros lost he front break in the A main in his buggy and I lost the front break in my truggy (think someone messed with our stuff) and it was a horrible site. Neither one of us could control anything in the air. we could not hit the big jump because of it.....
So no front break in a 1/8 scale makes it VERY hard to control..... Mine was worse because I run 70% front 30% rear, so I could not stop.........

and letting off on the jump will not always work with keeping the nose down.
it depends on the face/lip of the jump - if you let of to soon you lose momentum and that would just suck. you get a GOOD track - there will be all types of jumps, faces and lips so you will need to make different adjustments in the air and with out a front break its hard because you dont have the reaction you need from your ride.

And according to my Losi sources - the oneway for the oval car should not be illeagal, or as far as he knows
Old 10-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
Tech Adept

o know it is legal in ovil but guys are using it in truggy offroad and it is unreal how much advantage it is for instance there is 2 guys that never make the A and we had a really large croud and the both placed top 5 there was 3 oneways at the track placing 1st 4th 5th so is it legal for offroad?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

No he's talking about taking a one way option diff from the losi L8 and putting it in the losi 8ight or 8ight T and running it offroad.

I looked threw both ROAR and RCpro and saw nothing saying it is illegel, in fact ROAR says that you can run your 1/8th nitro offroad buggy 2wd if you want. I saw nothing in either rules that said you must have 3 "working" diffs. But it really is a moot point anyway at a local track, all that matters is what the local rules are.

Last edited by kd2777; 10-02-2009 at 10:53 PM.
kd2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #27
Tech Adept

ok to clear a few things up>>>>.....

the race was restarted do to who ever set the mains up put everyone on there own timeclock (like a heat)

you are right jeff did change tires i am the one who changed them while the mains were being reset>>>.... but there was more than jus me changing tires i know of 2 more people that did and some even come off the stand and changed setup

and the one way diff deal i think it should be ovil only do to that it is alot faster on buggy or truggy but there is oneways racing aginst me and i have no problem holding them off .. it is a biger advantage in truggy than buggy though

Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

They are for sure more adventagous on truck, I think a buggy would be a hand full. I ordered some to test, not sure how much I will run them, but I want to see what they are about.

Last edited by kd2777; 10-02-2009 at 10:56 PM.
kd2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not to stir the pot, but I heard the race was started over like 3 or 4 times because the track owner went down a lap or something. I don't know...I wasnt there. I just hate to see the turnouts drop because of dirty deeds done dirt cheap. Just my .02
Troy Pinkston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #30
Tech Adept

me and lary were verru busy helping jeff and racing ower cars i had alot of trouble an so did lary that is why we wasnt runing the races there was a racers wife ran the pc all day jeff cam in a set the mains he has only used the software 3 or 4 times>>>> i agree that it shouldnt have ban a problem 100 percent... but sometimes stuff happen all i can say on my part is im sorry that it did happen.... as far as it starting over 3 or 4 times that is false it restarted one time the girl let it run for bout 2 minutes and then hollered at me an said i think somthing is wrong which it was...and i personaly resolved the problem as far as the owner racing i disagree with him racing at his own track to start with.... he has a hobby shop to run and a race to run and his daughter races plus he trys to race every class he can so things get messed up ( that is his falt) i think he should not race unless he has time because when u can berly race and have enough time then stuff goes up in smoke and i have told him this all i say is race 1/8th buggy an leve the drama of truggy racing alone that is why i do not race truggy....

as far if jeff was a lap down i got no clue i know he wasnt leading but that isnt the cause of the restart....

im sory if anyone has any hard feelings tward me or larry but we do the best we can we are there to race first then if we have time we dont mind helping out but in the case of this past weekend we helped verry little and i guess thats why it turned out the way it did

sory to all

as far as a phone call i dont know i was pitting him and took it on my self to change his tireswhile everyone rechecked and was geting fuled jeff didnt even get fuel because it was time to go and i wont hold the race up

he didnt call me i ant saying he didnt get a call but it wasnt me that called him besides how many of u have a cell that will work inside of that building???