Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #961
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post
just bought 5 sets (10 pairs)! mostly medium flex..
Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #962
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default New Hobby Pro USA 500cc Fuel bottle - $4.99

New from Hobby Pro USA is a 500cc clear fuel bottle.

Looking for new Team Drivers for 2017! Email Resume to Team@DialedHobbies.com

Last edited by VPProUSA; 11-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #963
Tech Master

http://www.hobbyprousa.com
Old 11-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #964
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

heck ya. gonna be stockin up on parts are tires. just had the first outing last weekend with the new A8 evo at revelation raceway on VP Pro turbo trax and had some transponder not counting problems but other than that the car was on rails. thanks Hobby Pro USA and VP Pro USA
Old 11-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #965
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me View Post
heck ya. gonna be stockin up on parts are tires. just had the first outing last weekend with the new A8 evo at revelation raceway on VP Pro turbo trax and had some transponder not counting problems but other than that the car was on rails. thanks Hobby Pro USA and VP Pro USA
Did you mount the transponder where the manual said. If so move it. The horrizoltal mount causes issues. I run my battery out back and the transponder in the front box

Old 11-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #966
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

Jebus... $378 for a XZ-B Speed.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #967
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31 View Post
Did you mount the transponder where the manual said. If so move it. The horrizoltal mount causes issues. I run my battery out back and the transponder in the front box
yeah i had it mounted where the manual states to put it in the little slot. AFTER my main (and it not counting then either) i talked to a few guys and they all told me the same thing that it gets interference from the servo being right there. so i moved it and after racing was over i went out for some practice laps and everything seemed to be working fine. wish i would have known before the race but oh well. just the kinks of getting a ride. but other than that i love the car. got some option parts coming in this week so cant wait to try them out
Old 11-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #968
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I probably need to talk to Andrew on this one but has anyone heard or wouldnt mind seeing an even softer compound like a super ultra flex?!?!? On certain tracks I'd really like to go with an even softer compound then the ultra flex. Any thoughts or comments?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #969
Tech Master

SUF compound? I pretty much never run below 50F degrees, or smooth blue groove, so would probably never run it.

I'll tell you what I would absolutely love to see: A cross between the Proline Blockade and the AKA Impact.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #970
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
I probably need to talk to Andrew on this one but has anyone heard or wouldnt mind seeing an even softer compound like a super ultra flex?!?!? On certain tracks I'd really like to go with an even softer compound then the ultra flex. Any thoughts or comments?
+100 to that. Out here on the west coast we run on loose tracks where traction is key and sometimes the ultra flex just isn't quite there. It seems as tho others running either M4 proline or SS aka just seem to have a little edge. I would also love to see a new tread something like the impact or the blockade but first I would rather see a new softer compound
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #971
Tech Master

So are the grey arms preferred over the black ones now? Just curious cuz i have the grey on rear but no tracks are open to try them out at this time of year.
Mugen MBX7T with Reds R5S,
Old 11-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #972
Tech Master

this is just my personal opinion, and i am no pro. but personally i think i would rather have an arm break than bend. yes i know that does sound a little funny because it would put you out of contention, but if the arm bends, i would just think it would put a lot more components under stress that wouldnt normally be there possibly causing many other parts to break prematurely. that is just my look at it. i think the grey arms a good in the rear, but i am gonna stick with the blacks up front
Old 11-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #973
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to roblupo

Love my VP Pro tires out on the east coast. The main tire people run around here are JC Hybrids. Something like that would be awesome.

Gene, Any word on the Lipo batts coming to VP Pro, and the HV servos?
Low Country R/C, Philhurdraceway.com, Savannah, GA
Old 11-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #974
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me View Post
this is just my personal opinion, and i am no pro. but personally i think i would rather have an arm break than bend. yes i know that does sound a little funny because it would put you out of contention, but if the arm bends, i would just think it would put a lot more components under stress that wouldnt normally be there possibly causing many other parts to break prematurely. that is just my look at it. i think the grey arms a good in the rear, but i am gonna stick with the blacks up front
Commented about it in the Agama thread. No pro license for me, or team discounts... so just my opinion as a privateer racer.

I bent a couple CVD's because the grey arms flexed too much on hard impacts (assume what happens is the shock bottoms out, the arm bows downward, and the upper arm lets the hub compress into the bulkhead and bend the CVD). That said, the buggy still ran fine both times because the bend in the CVD wasn't bad enough that it would have destroyed something, and in a race it probably would've finished. But $15 for a CVD is $15. Then again, if you are racing... let it all hang out for the good tune.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #975
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just found the pictures from the race in Santa Barbara, CA. at Elings Raceway. An event held by OGRC. I ended up taking 3rd using the MF Turbo Trax which were dialed and consistend throughout the whole day.
Closed Thread