R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #631
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

i know it sounds like a broken record but i know a few of use really need a few more choices in the truggy tire department! i know it's a work in progress thing! how about some condors at least? maybe the newer tires in truggy sizes? i got plenty more life in my MF cutoff's but looking for another tire to try!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #632
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

hey gene you have a pm

Old 02-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #633
Tech Master

IM REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO THE SC TIRES, THEY SHOULD BE DIALED

Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #634
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhand_rc View Post
i know it sounds like a broken record but i know a few of use really need a few more choices in the truggy tire department! i know it's a work in progress thing! how about some condors at least? maybe the newer tires in truggy sizes? i got plenty more life in my MF cutoff's but looking for another tire to try!
I'd really like to see the blades and gripz in truggy sizes, w/ the new style foams.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #635
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
I'd really like to see the blades and gripz in truggy sizes, w/ the new style foams.
Me too.
Looking for new Team Drivers for 2017! Email Resume to Team@DialedHobbies.com
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #636
Tech Master

We are hoping to have UF Turbo Trax, and wheels back in stock next week.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #637
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to roblupo

looks like they are testing and using the new tire treads in France at Mont GP
Low Country R/C, Philhurdraceway.com, Savannah, GA
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #638
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When will the new gripz and bladz be available?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #639
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
w/ the new style foams.
There is going to be a new style foam as well, or is he referring to the closed cell foams that are on the site?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #640
Tech Master

The new V2.0 size white dish wheels are now in stock. Also, there is a few sets of Turbo Trax back in stock too.

http://www.vp-pro-usa.com/rc-wheels-...category_id=13

Last edited by VPProUSA; 02-17-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #641
Tech Master

Hello everyone, I was just stopping buy to invite all the fellow VP-PRO-USA drivers out to Colorado, for the 2011 PIKES PEAK NITRO CHALLENGE. Its at COLORADO FAST TRACK home of last years FUEL NATS.

Its going to be JULY 29-30. Itís a great time, Colorado has tons of amazing things for the family to do while your racing. Hotels, food, and major airport within 10-15 min of the track.

2010 ROAR OFFROAD NATS (FROM NEOBUGGY)

2009 PIKES PEAK NITRO CHALLENGE (FROM NEOBUGGY)
report.....
This weekend saw the 2nd Annual Pikes Peak Nitro Challenge Pay race sponsored by Mugen Racing. Race was held at Colorado Fast Track in Colorado Springs Colorado. With a Pay out to the Top 5 in each class, the race had several well know drivers from around the country in attendance. Most notable was Mike Truhe off his TQ of the 2009 ROAR Buggy Nationals 2 weeks ago. The race would prove to be very challenging for most drivers with the track layout designed to be technical, with a huge Quad into a difficult triple.
With the elevation over 6500 ft from sea level, motor tuning would be very key to having success for the weekend over the 45 minute A-Mains. The big talk around the track was getting optimum power out of the motor with out lean bogging or running too hot.
Click Read More

Pro Buggy - Team Losi Pro driver Mike Truhe would prove to be too tough in qualifying, TQíing all 3 rounds. Losi Teammates and Local drivers Matt Chambers 2nd and Dustin Evans 3rd would round out the top 3 in the very competitive buggy qualifying. So with the 45m A-Main underway it seemed Team Losi would be in good position to grab a few podium spots at the end. The Main would start with Mike Truhe taking full advantage of his qualifying position and worked his way to about 8-10 second lead with Teammate Matt Chambers running second and Dustin Evans Running 3rd battling with a hard charging Team Associated Driver Kody Numedahl running in 4th. After about 20 minutes the race had looked like Truhe and Chambers had settled in and were running comfortable in the top 2 spots, until Truhe started to have motor/power issues making the Quad, triple jump section. Truhe would have to pit a couple times to retune his motor to get the needed power to finish the race. This would allow Chambers to take the lead with now Numedahl in 2nd and Evans in 3rd and Mugenís Barry Pettit in 4th. Truhe would drop to 5th and the top 4 drivers all within 10 seconds of each other. For the next 10 minutes the race for 1st was as exciting as it gets. Chambers leads the way and a couple mistakes in the middle of the track now has Numedahl running in 1st. A couple mistakes by Numedahl now puts Evans to the lead with about 15 minutes to go. Evans would build about a 5 second lead and eventually have mechanical issues ending his chances at Top 5 Podium/Payout spot. 10 minutes to go and now Numedahl and Chambers each trade places taking the lead. With nerves showing from the top drivers with the race clock ending a hard charging Truhe was working with Barry Pettit to the front with the fastest lap times of the event. Truhe would eventually regain the top spot with about 5 minutes to go and never look back. A very determined Pettit would come up a couple seconds short of racing Numedahl to the finish line for the 2nd spot.

Pro Buggy
1. Mike Truhe (TQ) - Losi / Orion / Losi
2. Kody Numedahl - AE / Reedy / JConcepts
3. Barry Pettit - Mugen / Ninja / JConcepts
4. Matt Chambers - Losi / GRP / Losi
5. Drew Moller - Mugen / Ninja / Pro-Line

Pro Truggy - Truggy qualifying seemed to be a lot closer in times. With 3 different drivers TQíing each round of qualifying. With fast time seeding the mains, Truhe would again have the fasted run with Teammate Evans 2nd and Numedahl 3rd. With 14 truggies all going for the money it was a crash fest for the first seemed to be 5 minutes of the race. Racers were determined to get to the front to run with the top 3 drivers who had clean starts. Top 5 would be Truhe, Evans, Numedahl, Mugenís Drew Moller and Losiís Lars Johnson. Again Truhe would build about a 6 second lead with incredible lap times to start the main. For the first 20 minutes Truhe, Evans, Numedahl were spread out from each other by about 6-8 seconds each. The race from 4th -8th was messy but starting to clean up, with now Mugen Driver Vincent Ringler 4th and a charging Team Associated Driver Adrian Redding 5th chasing for a Top/Payout spot. In the End, Evans would again have mechanical issues ending his challenge for the win. Truhe would cruise to the finish with Numedahl in 2nd and Redding 3rd.

Pro Truggy
1. Mike Truhe (TQ) - Losi / Orion / Losi
2. Kody Numedahl - AE / Reedy / JConcepts
3. Adrian Redding - AE / Reedy / Pro-Line
4. Chris DeWinter - Mugen / Ninja / AKA
5. Vincent Ringler - Mugen / Ninja / AKA

Old 02-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #642
Tech Master

Default 2011 NITRO CHALLENGE

Old 02-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #643
Tech Master

Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #644
Tech Master

anyone know if theres anyone who has the vp pro blue wing washers, and blue wheel nuts for my a8

Old 03-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #645
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I got a chance to run the new Grips this weekend at the Nitro Challenge at the Nitro Pit. Tires were dialed in ultra flex compound. The tread pattern is just like a citiblock but upon further inspection by another VP driver the lugs are more spaced out. Really happy with the performance and after a 15 minute main with 2 minute warm up they still looked brand new. Thanks Gene for bringing some of these new tires to Arizona for me.