R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Thank god for usps. Tires are the best that I have ever used, last forever and produces great traction, clutch shoes well, all I can say is wow, 3 races and they still have a lot of life to go. I was able to finally use the fuel gun and it worked perfectly, fast and no leaking.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

when can we expect to see the new truggy tires and when can we order them? We have a new track that is really loose and nothing seems to really hook up well. any suggestions?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
when can we expect to see the new truggy tires and when can we order them? We have a new track that is really loose and nothing seems to really hook up well. any suggestions?
Medium flex cutoffs. I have found they hook up when nothing else will. The turbo trax are good for hard pack or blue grooved tracks.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey7 View Post
Medium flex cutoffs. I have found they hook up when nothing else will. The turbo trax are good for hard pack or blue grooved tracks.
ok thanks, I'll check those out.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

are you gonna be at the nitrocross andy ? pm'd ya also
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My buggy with turbo traxx
Old 10-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #22
Tech Adept

I was wondering if VP-Pro rims are of a large diameter like Proline's V2 or AKA? Are the ultra-flexx compound similar to M3?
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCathey View Post
I was wondering if VP-Pro rims are of a large diameter like Proline's V2 or AKA? Are the ultra-flexx compound similar to M3?
i think andy is at a race or sumthin joe , pm'd him with no response also
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 10-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Hey Monty! Are you coming to the Mapston? I'm thinking of trying out the Turbo-Traxx tires for the Mapston.....just looking for info.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

I'm going to have to agree that the VP Cutoffs in Med Flexx are DIALED. I actually glued up 2 sets of cutoffs and 2 sets of turbo trax for my truggies a few weeks ago. Med flexx is is perfect, as it continues to hook up and does not wear like the other tires I've used. I'd really like to see something like a Condor STR in the future.

I also need to comment on the VP Pro servo arms. Now, I use Hitec 7955TGs all around, on everything. They're just that reliable and perform as I need them. THAT SAID, I tend to bend aluminum servo arms. However, I have yet to even come close with the VP arm. It's stronger than anything out there and looks damn cool too!

PUDDIN... Which springs are you using on your losi clutch? I'm still running the factory ones in my trugg, so that I can have a good baseline for when I switch out for the VP ones. Any advice?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCathey View Post

Ultra flexx is like a m3 but they do not wear like a m3 tire. The wheels are not like the aka or v2's

I tested the vp-pro pipe and you will be surprised the results I will get all my notes together and post them it is a very detailed test.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Thanks! So the wheels are the smaller diameter........
Old 10-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Ryan lopez bumps from the c main to win the SIC race. Awesome job. Vp-pro wins again.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Did you have any doubt in Ryan Lopez. I mean come on, he just wanted more time to drive that is all. Congrats to Ryan, well done.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #30
Tech Adept