R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Any car you get will ultimately depend on the driver as to how many and how often you need to replace parts. If you don't crash then parts don't break. If you don't run into walls and hay bails then parts don't break. I have seen losi cars do cart wheels at 30-40 mph end over end and they kept going. I think any car has it's wear parts and they all depend on how hard you drive them. Personally I will drive my cars like I stole them s. I will go through more parts no matter what cars I drive. Also if the car breaks and can still get around the track I won't stop. I finished the last 12 mins of a 30 min main on 3 shocks a couple weeks ago. It severely wore the bce chassis on the broken shock side And then engine was super hot at the end of the main, but I finished 4th only 5 sec behind 3rd so it all depends on the driver. I know guys that would have pulled the car off and called it quits.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #32
Tech Regular

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84067
Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Around here it's like 75% Losi, 15% Mugen, 10% Xray, Jammin, Hot Bodies, etc.

I had the Xray, it's easily the best as far as parts quality goes. Nothing else comes close. The Xray is basically a Losi, just lighter and more bulletproof. Impossible to find parts on the wall in most places.

I switched to the Losi 2.0. It feels faster and rotates in the corners much better. Seems to transfer power to the ground and propel itself much better than anything I've ever driven. A lot of people say the Losi wears out super fast. I used to say it myself when I was an Xray guy. It is definitely inferior quality to the Xray or Mugen, but there's nothing wrong with it. Almost everyone I know has gone all season long without repairs. I barely maintain mine at all. I just thrash on it every weekend, pull the engine and radio tray out, scrape the dried dirt off, scrub it with a brush, no chems, no water, nothing. When I get home I pull the clutch apart and clean it up, clean the inside of the bell, put it back together. Put the car back together and thrash on it again the next weekend.

As for the Mugen, I haven't ever owned or raced one. It looks great. The only comparison I can make is an observation I've made that people seem to have to play around with the setup quite a bit; in comparison to Losi, where there are a handful of well known setups and at least one of them should work really well no matter where you are. You basically have to go online for Mugen parts, too, at least around here...

I like my Losi, it's faster than I can drive it and parts are available everywhere.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
Tech Prophet

does the 2.0 eight b rotate better than the 1.0 b with the stock chassis i know they did extented the 2.0 chassis a bit
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Seems like it. The old Losi ain't no slouch though.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It rotates much better than the first run 8ight.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Hello again,

I have decided to go with an X-Ray XB808 '09 Specs. As far as I have heard from people the X-Ray is a state of the art buggy that drives as good as an 8ight 2.0 and is strong and sturdy as ever. I live in europe so I will be able to find spare parts easily I believe.

Does anyone know a good online shop that sells this buggy at a good price? Prefferably a european one.

Also will the prices drop in X-Mas with a hollyday discount or something?

Thank you all for your priceless input!
Jaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Nice choice.

Don't know of any online shops in Europe, I'm on the wrong side of the pond in the USSA.

Deosn't Amain deliver to Europe?
Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Zerodefect could take any car and put his servos and radio with it and his engine and be competitive , so make sure whatever you get to use a great engine and good servos and you'll kick some but if you practice.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Every time I get a new car or go to a new track I'm back to square one. People allways figure I'm a newb. But by my 3rd qual I'm usually moving up. Next person to go " Hey, your getting fast quick for a rookie" is going to get TAG body sprayed in their eyes. Takes me a little while to figure a new kit or track out.

Got the 809 on the track today. Did ok, podium 3rd place. I bent the tar out of my 086 pipe.

I also cleared a jump way better then I intended and hit a immovable wooden wall head on at about 30 mph. I'd hate to see what this tank could do to a marshals leg.

No damage to the 809. Hardly a scratch. My RC8 would have blown to pieces at such an impact. This things a tank. I did manage to strip out my Xray servo arm.

We have a chicane at the end of our straight that is really tempting to blast through. You can fly through it if your brave and hit it just right. If you turn to late you smash into a wall at full speed. If you turn too early you pipe and bounce back and forth across the lane a few times like a pinball. I popped in a hitec arm and its been good since.

Darn nice car. And I still complain about turn-in. LOL. Never can have too much off power steering. Nice thing about being light, you don't have to run big $300 engines.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #41
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Hello again,

I have decided to go with an X-Ray XB808 '09 Specs. As far as I have heard from people the X-Ray is a state of the art buggy that drives as good as an 8ight 2.0 and is strong and sturdy as ever. I live in europe so I will be able to find spare parts easily I believe.

Does anyone know a good online shop that sells this buggy at a good price? Prefferably a european one.

Also will the prices drop in X-Mas with a hollyday discount or something?

Thank you all for your priceless input!
A good place to check is the-border.com
Great shop, and good service