R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Re-pinching your engine. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/331988-re-pinching-your-engine.html)

jeff alessi 801 09-30-2009 11:44 PM

Re-pinching your engine.

I just got an engine back that's old it was pinched and now runs good it seems like i have to keep leaning the bottom out cause it richens up huge but all in all when running good it's at 230. I was thinking the engine would be toast b4 the pinch. So what's peoples thoughts about having there sleeves repinched does it mess up an engine or bring it back to life again? Iv heard from alot of ppl never to do it but I have alot of engines with no compression that r toast n I wonder if all they need is this to b done and I can still usE them some more. Just give me all your thoughts about pinching the good n bad.

Alan D. 09-30-2009 11:52 PM

I pinch my motors 3-5 times.

jeff alessi 801 10-01-2009 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Alan D. (Post 6414186)
I pinch my motors 3-5 times.

When do u no it's time for a pinch does it start running hot or flaming out? After you re-pinch them what changes and what improves? I have an engine that I can't get tuned right n it has very low compression n runs hot it flames out alot but that same engine I have that's been repinched is great.

Alan D. 10-01-2009 12:29 AM

Re-pinching a motor basically will make your motor run like it did after a couple gallons or brand new out of the box which will need to be broken in all over again, this all depends on how much you want to pinch a motor.

If you know your tune is right, the clutch isn't bad, no air leaks, it's easy to turn over and you have random flameouts and it runs hotter than normal then you more than likely need to pinch the motor.

OfnaJoe 10-01-2009 02:37 AM

I just got my RB WS7II back from RayAracing and it had a bad pinch done BEFORE I sent it to him, it was done with a pipe clamp style pincher and it made the sleeve 2.5 thousands out of round. After Ray got done it's perfect,
I put a new rod in because the old one had about 8 gallons on it. The engine runs like it did after it was broke in from new!
Highly reccomend RayAracing for this type of service or atleast somebody that uses the same type tooling.

Racecrafter 10-01-2009 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by jeff alessi 801 (Post 6414170)
I just got an engine back that's old it was pinched and now runs good it seems like i have to keep leaning the bottom out cause it richens up huge but all in all when running good it's at 230. I was thinking the engine would be toast b4 the pinch. So what's peoples thoughts about having there sleeves repinched does it mess up an engine or bring it back to life again? Iv heard from alot of ppl never to do it but I have alot of engines with no compression that r toast n I wonder if all they need is this to b done and I can still usE them some more. Just give me all your thoughts about pinching the good n bad.

Hey Jeff! Hope you are recovering well!

We can pinch your sleeve's for you. Hit me up when you need some assistance.

Jimmy Wright
TRF

Track Star Racer Services

bgballin26 10-01-2009 11:12 AM

I have had good luck with pinching engines, something else to think about is when your pinching your engine, replace the front case bearing as well, it's cheap to do.