Search

Losi 8ight 1.0 vs 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight 1.0 vs 2.0

Gents (and ladies as the case may be)

I have what I think is a good opportunity - $300 for an almost new 8ight 1.0 COMPLETE - just needs fuel. Aside from the obvious question about keeping the fingers crossed that he used after run oil LOL.. So, that said, what are the major fdifferences between the 1.0 and 2.0?

I think it is a good deal (actually no cash changes hands - it is a barter deal for some website work) but just wanted to get more information on differences between the new and old models - anyone have anything I can use?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Only deminsions changes are the length of chassis and rear dog bone. The main other changes are the radio tray, steering linkage, smaller turnbuckles, dogbone material, plastic material, and throttle linkage.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigde2001
Only deminsions changes are the length of chassis and rear dog bone. The main other changes are the radio tray, steering linkage, smaller turnbuckles, dogbone material, plastic material, and throttle linkage.
Decent rig though for $300? I like the 8ights, but I don't have budget to buy one - if I can work this barter, HOME RUN.

I am not planning on anything more than fun racing at Hobby Hut and want something faster, better handling, and more stable than my T-Maxx.

Thanks!

Bob
Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by orcusomega
Decent rig though for $300? I like the 8ights, but I don't have budget to buy one - if I can work this barter, HOME RUN.

I am not planning on anything more than fun racing at Hobby Hut and want something faster, better handling, and more stable than my T-Maxx.

Thanks!

Bob
If I were you for that I would go for it. You will have alot of fun!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

From what i think i understand the buggy did not change anywhere near as much as the truggy. I am racing a 1.0 buuggy that I got used when someone bought a 2.0.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandon_oma#692
From what i think i understand the buggy did not change anywhere near as much as the truggy. I am racing a 1.0 buuggy that I got used when someone bought a 2.0.
Its the same changes as the truggy or visa versa - buggy came out first - longer and wider, new suspension.

$300 for EVERYTHING is not bad. Have you ran it yet?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Truggy or buggy ? big difference in price value.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am pretty sure that it is the buggy, but I will find out more tomorrow. I will be going down to check it out.

That raises an interesting point - what to look for in a used nitro car? Aside from fresh fuel, what should I bring with me? I was planning on bringing glow plug (and tool), fresh fuel, WD-40 and a set of AA's for the remote. What kind of battery goes in a bump box?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob
Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by orcusomega
I am pretty sure that it is the buggy, but I will find out more tomorrow. I will be going down to check it out.

That raises an interesting point - what to look for in a used nitro car? Aside from fresh fuel, what should I bring with me? I was planning on bringing glow plug (and tool), fresh fuel, WD-40 and a set of AA's for the remote. What kind of battery goes in a bump box?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob
I would not take anything - if he wants to sell he will have all that - My Opinion