R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Royersford PA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to orcusomega
Default Losi 8ight 1.0 vs 2.0

Gents (and ladies as the case may be)

I have what I think is a good opportunity - $300 for an almost new 8ight 1.0 COMPLETE - just needs fuel. Aside from the obvious question about keeping the fingers crossed that he used after run oil LOL.. So, that said, what are the major fdifferences between the 1.0 and 2.0?

I think it is a good deal (actually no cash changes hands - it is a barter deal for some website work) but just wanted to get more information on differences between the new and old models - anyone have anything I can use?

Thanks,

Bob
orcusomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rossville Ga
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Only deminsions changes are the length of chassis and rear dog bone. The main other changes are the radio tray, steering linkage, smaller turnbuckles, dogbone material, plastic material, and throttle linkage.
bigde2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Royersford PA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to orcusomega
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigde2001 View Post
Only deminsions changes are the length of chassis and rear dog bone. The main other changes are the radio tray, steering linkage, smaller turnbuckles, dogbone material, plastic material, and throttle linkage.
Decent rig though for $300? I like the 8ights, but I don't have budget to buy one - if I can work this barter, HOME RUN.

I am not planning on anything more than fun racing at Hobby Hut and want something faster, better handling, and more stable than my T-Maxx.

Thanks!

Bob
orcusomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcusomega View Post
Decent rig though for $300? I like the 8ights, but I don't have budget to buy one - if I can work this barter, HOME RUN.

I am not planning on anything more than fun racing at Hobby Hut and want something faster, better handling, and more stable than my T-Maxx.

Thanks!

Bob
If I were you for that I would go for it. You will have alot of fun!
AmiSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:41 AM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Brandon_oma#692's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Freeport, IL
Posts: 301
Default

From what i think i understand the buggy did not change anywhere near as much as the truggy. I am racing a 1.0 buuggy that I got used when someone bought a 2.0.
Brandon_oma#692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_oma#692 View Post
From what i think i understand the buggy did not change anywhere near as much as the truggy. I am racing a 1.0 buuggy that I got used when someone bought a 2.0.
Its the same changes as the truggy or visa versa - buggy came out first - longer and wider, new suspension.


$300 for EVERYTHING is not bad. Have you ran it yet?
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #7
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Truggy or buggy ? big difference in price value.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Royersford PA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to orcusomega
Default

I am pretty sure that it is the buggy, but I will find out more tomorrow. I will be going down to check it out.

That raises an interesting point - what to look for in a used nitro car? Aside from fresh fuel, what should I bring with me? I was planning on bringing glow plug (and tool), fresh fuel, WD-40 and a set of AA's for the remote. What kind of battery goes in a bump box?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob
__________________
President, No Limit R/C of Pennsylvania - www.nolimitrcofpa.com
General Tech-Guy at MBRC Hobbies - www.mushroombowl.com
Traxxas E-Revo - Mugen MBX6-Eco - Losi SCTE - Losi 22B - Losi 22SCT - Losi 5ive-T
orcusomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcusomega View Post
I am pretty sure that it is the buggy, but I will find out more tomorrow. I will be going down to check it out.

That raises an interesting point - what to look for in a used nitro car? Aside from fresh fuel, what should I bring with me? I was planning on bringing glow plug (and tool), fresh fuel, WD-40 and a set of AA's for the remote. What kind of battery goes in a bump box?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob
I would not take anything - if he wants to sell he will have all that - My Opinion
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray 808 09 vs Losi 8ight 2.0 chad24 Nitro Off-Road 26 04-29-2013 07:25 AM
Losi 8ight building and setup JBRacing Nitro Off-Road 8691 06-27-2011 08:43 AM
Hot Bodies D8 vs Team Losi 8ight 1.0 TTR:EB4 Nitro Off-Road 15 06-27-2009 09:37 PM
8ight 2.0 vs RC8 B.A. Racer Nitro Off-Road 36 05-12-2009 04:34 AM
losi 2.0 vs. mp9 patrick lsp Nitro Off-Road 53 04-11-2009 03:42 AM
8ight 2.0 vs 808 vs O'Donnell jpas Nitro Off-Road 66 10-14-2008 09:31 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net