R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mracer View Post
I think at heart I am a nitro guy. A few underlying things, along with what I mentioned earlier, are pushing me to give the EP a try. My "theory" is I will get to go practice with the EP stuff. I swear I don't know if it is my luck or what the deal was, but almost everytime I went to the track to practice something was wrong with my nitro stuff that prevented me from practicing. And yes, I realize this can happen with EP too. At the level I drive, I just want something I put down laps with and not have to spend time I don't have working on my stuff. I am not going to a race without going through my stuff.
Good point with a little maintenance and proper setup it is plug and play! I know to people that don't do electric on a regular basis that sounds like over simplification but it's not. Once a match is set between motor, gearing, esc settings and batteries that doesn't change much. While with nitro air pressure, temperature and humidity all bear on engine performance and to the guys that I race with that run nitro that is huge part of the fun and bragging rites to be able to tune them to run their best , there is real art to that (maybe a little black magic)
At the track where we all run in the 1/8 scale class their is only enough of us to run two classes, truck/buggy mixed nitro and electric. We all get along great and try to help one another until were on the track then it's ball's to the wall. The nitro guys are still the fastest but the younger guys running electric are catching up fast.
This is a hobby and it's all about what is fun for you. There is no one is better than the other or cheaper or eco friendly! Let's just keep it friendly OK!
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote