Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc10gt problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation rc10gt problem!

hello i have a rc10gt with a O.S .12 max cv-r engine and all the sudden today when i started it, it ran fine but after 2 mins of it running it started to bog down and went slower and slower when i try to accellarate till it stalls. any ideas.......i have tuned it low and high also tuned the idle and th.trim. please help!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Soulds like it is losing pressure. Was it over heating? If so it probably is a pressure issue.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bigde2001
Soulds like it is losing pressure. Was it over heating? If so it probably is a pressure issue.
ok how could i check the temp? and the engine gets hot real quick. how would i fix the pressure issue that and where is the pressure leaking out you think?

Last edited by HAGGARTY; 09-26-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If it has been sitting up,it could be a bearing in the engine.All the cv-r's I've had don't last much more than a gallon,maybe 2 gallons if you run it easy and rich.I would suggest taking it out of the truck and checking for binding of the drivetrain,clutch,and engine.The engine should spin freely except on its compression stroke.Better yet,take the glow plug out and see how easy it turns over.