R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

the z01b team 2 n 1 kit is a awesome buggy as well. first off its durable as all get out, priced right in there with the rest, and the parts are great quality with a great price! i made my buying decision based on what i had read about steve odonnell, i like his thinking and he gives great support for his products. and the help from on the team members on here is wonderful! my lhs doesnt really stock anything for the cars, and if your gonna be serious about it you should have a good supply of parts with you. even though anyone at the track is probably going to be willing to help i wouldnt buy the car that everyone at the club is running just so there will be a good supply of parts around. we all need help in a pinch from time to time, but i just hate bummin from others.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #32
noR
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to noR Send a message via MSN to noR Send a message via Yahoo to noR

Mmmm.

I really *AM* lucky then.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

mugen mbx6
Thamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

When I got back into the hobby in July, I bought an RC8T. The reason is simply because I used to like AE stuff back when I was doing 1/10 on road stuff in the mid 90s. Losi was my second choice.

I really can't (and even if I could, I wouldn't) compare all the available options. Of everything available, each car has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Nothing is perfect by any stretch of the imagination. People say Losi's are better than AE. Why? If Losi's were so great, why the 2.0? If AE was better than Losi, why the B-revision? The reason is because each manufacturer finds faults with their original designs, fixes them, releases updates, etc. IMHO, that's half the fun of the hobby.

What I will say is buy a car that...

1) is within your price range;
2) your LHS has parts for (e.g. don't buy a Traxxis if your LHS doesn't normally sell Traxxis stuff);
3) others at your local track also run, because they will have experience with setups and how to do things with it... and will have spare parts you can borrow in case of emergency.

Most likely you will probably end up with another car from another manufacturer at some point in the future just because you will either be "tired of this POS" or "want to try something different."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

No love for the Hyper 9??? Or the GS Racing CLX?? Hmm...
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
No love for the Hyper 9??? Or the GS Racing CLX?? Hmm...
hahahaha - just seen a Hyper 9 running with us and at the end of the race I drove it and one lap later gave it back...........IMO its not a competetion level car.....

1. LOSI
2. Mugen
3. HotBodies
4. Xray
5. AE
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you are completely new to racing and have no equipment prior, your best bet to get you racing competitively for the least investment, both time and money, is going to be the Losi 8IGHT 2.0 RTR, with upgraded Steering Servo and some better tires its the Cats Meow.

After doing the Steering Servo upgrade you are instantly capable of winning a main event with this car, its that good and it is without a doubt in my mind, the entry level racers best value, due to durability, support and resale value.

I have one, and have raced only twice now with it, and managed to qualify second in my heat and make the Sportsman Buggy A-Main. And this was in a field of 20+ Buggies some of which I dare to ask what they have invested in them.

I am running:

DS1015 Steering Servo (Overkill, the DS1313 would be just fine)
DS1313 Throttle Servo (Not Necessary at All the stock steering servo would do well here)
Maxxy's 20% Fuel
Bow-Tie's (Soft) in Rear
Crime Fighter (Soft) in Front
Jammin JP-2 Pipe (Came on it when I bought it)
Buggy Set Up Per Adam Drake's Standard Set Up for 2.0 Buggies.

And this thing rocks around the track. I am most impressed by the capability of this package. I am progressing rapidly with this buggy and expect not to have to upgrade anything else for a long time. Anyone can win at the Sportsman Level with this thing.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

buy them all
vyt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Time Out. You can't just judge the car on a 1st run with was most likely a bad set up. Go to the Hyper thread and ask what them to compare it to other cars they've driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
hahahaha - just seen a Hyper 9 running with us and at the end of the race I drove it and one lap later gave it back...........IMO its not a competetion level car.....

1. LOSI
2. Mugen
3. HotBodies
4. Xray
5. AE